Poll

Do you want a full server wipe?

Yes
43 (76.8%)
No
13 (23.2%)

Total Members Voted: 55

Voting closed: September 01, 2014, 06:19:09 am

Author Topic: Server Wipe - Cast Your Vote  (Read 44672 times)

AnonymousAfro

• CANADA
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Server Wipe - Cast Your Vote
« Reply #45 on: July 27, 2014, 03:34:44 pm »
No i dont think the server should be wiped because all of the players have built so much including me and i dont want to lose my stuff i think this server is best the way it is and people ahould not lose there things so my answer is a big fat NO!!!!!!!!

The worlds will be up for download. Just think, you can download the worlds and play them in single player or set up a LAN network thingy and play with your friends if they're over at your house or something. You can do WHATEVER you want in the world, you don't have to worry about other players' builds!
At least that's the way I'm seeing it. After all, I don't think a server wipe would be all that bad, considering the server has been around for nearly 3 years. That's amazing. It'd be nice to see the server with a fresh face. And this way, everyone can start out with a new update, in a new world, playing with their friends they've made on the server.
So, you can only download them onto singleplayer? I've worked on my city and all that stuff for other people to enjoy as well, and LAN only works if you have the same IP. Correct me if I'm wrong.
"An arrow can only be shot by pulling it backward. When life is dragging you back with difficulties it means it's going to launch you into something great. So just focus and keep aiming"
Spoiler (Click to show/hide

Jao

• Hello :)
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #46 on: July 27, 2014, 03:36:49 pm »
If you wanted you could import it using Multiverse onto a bukkit multiplayer server?
Hi I Am CrazyJao WOOHOO!! :)

DeeKay

• Owner
  • Champion Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #47 on: July 27, 2014, 03:39:15 pm »
No i dont think the server should be wiped because all of the players have built so much including me and i dont want to lose my stuff i think this server is best the way it is and people ahould not lose there things so my answer is a big fat NO!!!!!!!!

The worlds will be up for download. Just think, you can download the worlds and play them in single player or set up a LAN network thingy and play with your friends if they're over at your house or something. You can do WHATEVER you want in the world, you don't have to worry about other players' builds!
At least that's the way I'm seeing it. After all, I don't think a server wipe would be all that bad, considering the server has been around for nearly 3 years. That's amazing. It'd be nice to see the server with a fresh face. And this way, everyone can start out with a new update, in a new world, playing with their friends they've made on the server.
So, you can only download them onto singleplayer? I've worked on my city and all that stuff for other people to enjoy as well, and LAN only works if you have the same IP. Correct me if I'm wrong.
Any world can be downloaded and played in any way, that includes a multiplayer server. You don't even need Multiverse.

AnonymousAfro

• CANADA
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #48 on: July 27, 2014, 10:32:38 pm »

Any world can be downloaded and played in any way, that includes a multiplayer server. You don't even need Multiverse.
Wait.. are you saying it can be donwloaded onto DKCraft? Sorry I'm not clear on this :/
"An arrow can only be shot by pulling it backward. When life is dragging you back with difficulties it means it's going to launch you into something great. So just focus and keep aiming"

Lissy421

• https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Aql_fYL7Wwc
  • Awards Donated $5 towards the server.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #49 on: July 27, 2014, 10:35:22 pm »

Wait.. are you saying it can be donwloaded onto DKCraft? Sorry I'm not clear on this :/

you know how you save a single player world... like that. It will be a folder which you can drag into single player or a server and use the map. Meaning if you ever wanted to burn down spawn you can get the world save and light it!

AnonymousAfro

• CANADA
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #50 on: July 28, 2014, 04:40:31 pm »

you know how you save a single player world... like that. It will be a folder which you can drag into single player or a server and use the map. Meaning if you ever wanted to burn down spawn you can get the world save and light it!
So does this mean stuff can be re-downloaded onto DKCraft?

DeeKay

• Owner
  • Champion Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #51 on: July 28, 2014, 05:02:43 pm »

So does this mean stuff can be re-downloaded onto DKCraft?
Uhh, what, huh? Not sure where anyone said that.. so let me break this down for you:
- You will be able to download the world files.
- You can play on these worlds in singleplayer.
- You can play on these worlds on YOUR multiplayer server.

zanster9999

• DKCRAFT | Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #52 on: July 29, 2014, 12:08:45 am »
Hi,
Personally, I think the server should be reset for various reasons.
#1: The server is getting very 'over-populated' and running out of space for people like me to go out and build.
#2: After 3 years of the same map, there is nothing new to enjoy, not many nice, new biomes to explore, making the experience not so enjoyable.
#3: Due to the map being very run-down after all the random stuff being built around and left there, I have seen people come online when only I and one other player is on and they stay for around 2 minutes, walk out of spawn, and see all the random stuff built outside and around spawn. It's not very appealing for them and does not help (perhaps make the area which people can build a bit further out and give people time to look around first).
#4: I just think the server can use a bit of a change.

Thank you,
Regards,
Zanster | Zanny
---
ツ Zanster9999  シ
ツ Member of DKCRAFT  シ

kungfu_master101

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #53 on: July 30, 2014, 08:56:47 pm »
I feel like we should do this once in a long while. Like 2-3 years. I've played other servers and they wipe out the server every 3-4 months (1 wipe for every season!) and it's just really annoying. So yeah server wipe. Plz

Echo_Matty

• Trusted
  • Could be Batman
  • Awards Donated $5 towards the server. Donated $10 towards the server. Donated $20 towards the server. Donated $30 towards the server. Donated $50 towards the server. Donated $100 towards the server.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #54 on: August 03, 2014, 04:16:21 pm »
Super excited for this. I think the server will be full of life again after this.

The_Delirious_DJ

• Trusted
  • Talk to me, if you dare to not be grammar'd
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #55 on: August 03, 2014, 07:36:45 pm »
You know what, I'll cast my vote for yes, at first I was against the restart, but now that I think about it, the best thing about Minecraft and it's updates is that it encourages you to begin anew, and I think this fresh start will bring life back into our server, I'm excited for this new start.  ~DJ

~If no one comes from the future to stop you from doing it, how bad of a decision can it be

DeeKay

• Owner
  • Champion Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #56 on: August 03, 2014, 08:00:39 pm »
Thank you to everyone who has voted and given their discussion so far, your feedback on this has been awesome!
You have little under a month until the poll closes, so make sure you get your final vote in.

Cheers everyone!

mineroffury

• Trusted
  • Mineroffury means that i am...... a Miner
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #57 on: August 05, 2014, 01:12:26 am »
Will VotePoints be possibly transferred when the server is reset?
Minecraft is not about mining and crafting.......It's about Minecrafting... *Mindblowned*

DeeKay

• Owner
  • Champion Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #58 on: August 05, 2014, 07:46:24 am »
Will VotePoints be possibly transferred when the server is reset?
Ehhhh, I don't see why not, it is a relatively new feature. I just need to set a line between things I should keep that won't give players an immediate head start.

LavalKid

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #59 on: August 07, 2014, 09:38:03 pm »
I just started playing on this server a few weeks ago, and since then I have had a very difficult time finding a place to build. There are many houses and such that don't seem to be being used anymore but they are in the way of building. I think a reset would provide an excellent opportunity for new players like myself to find a place to build. So far the server seems great though so thank you for providing us with a great server to play on! :)