Poll

Do you want a full server wipe?

Yes
43 (76.8%)
No
13 (23.2%)

Total Members Voted: 55

Voting closed: September 01, 2014, 06:19:09 am

Author Topic: Server Wipe - Cast Your Vote  (Read 43673 times)

CollisionCourse

• Trusted
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Server Wipe - Cast Your Vote
« Reply #15 on: July 19, 2014, 10:58:19 pm »
Would both the old worlds be up for download?
If they were the guest world alone would at least be 2 gigs if not more given the size

dave2072

• Trusted
  • Arigato Nakama
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #16 on: July 19, 2014, 11:10:16 pm »
Ive been on the server for quite a while, watched it grow, and i want to  see it grow even more
With a clean slate.
Plus worlds will be up for download

Broke the 4 to 4 vote tie
« Last Edit: July 19, 2014, 11:12:19 pm by dave2072 »
༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つMOLLY MOLLY ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ

DeeKay

• Owner
  • Champion Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #17 on: July 20, 2014, 04:00:35 am »
I vote yes, but I would wonder what would be done about spawns, shops, etc.
Still thinking about this, but I'm not gonna jump into anything too soon.

Would both the old worlds be up for download?
Every world would be available for download, including all Nether and End worlds.

jllmprrt

• eprocks swag
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #18 on: July 20, 2014, 05:12:18 am »
+1 for new worlds. About September 1st, will that day / the day after be the day when the world will be wiped?
eprocks swag eprocks swag eprocks swag eprocks swag eprocks swag eprocks swag eprocks swag eprocks swag eprocks swag eprocks swag eprocks swag eprocks swag eprocks swag eprocks swag eprocks swag eprocks swag eprocks swag eprocks swag eprocks swag eprocks swag eprocks swag eprocks swag eprocks swag

DeeKay

• Owner
  • Champion Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #19 on: July 20, 2014, 06:37:35 am »
+1 for new worlds. About September 1st, will that day / the day after be the day when the world will be wiped?
No, it's only when voting ends. If the majority of votes say yes, we'll most likely give a few months until the wipe actually happens.

Devin_Plays_MC

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #20 on: July 20, 2014, 08:42:50 pm »
I think the server should restart. I joined sometime in July when everybody was already in full diamond and all that. I would like to start from the beginning again.

SomeoneSneaky

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #21 on: July 20, 2014, 08:45:38 pm »
So we would lose 'physical' donation rewards, like protection sponges and spawn eggs? It's bad enough that I went and bought disguises that don't work (and STILL haven't gotten any response from you on whether or not they WILL work at some point), but having to replace things like the protection -- since you have no other method in place -- or my cats that you were nice enough to put in the store for me, only to have them be taken away?

What about funds we've earned since then -- in-game monies and vote points?

CollisionCourse

• Trusted
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #22 on: July 20, 2014, 10:06:48 pm »
So we would lose 'physical' donation rewards, like protection sponges and spawn eggs? It's bad enough that I went and bought disguises that don't work (and STILL haven't gotten any response from you on whether or not they WILL work at some point), but having to replace things like the protection -- since you have no other method in place -- or my cats that you were nice enough to put in the store for me, only to have them be taken away?

On the topic of disquises, as of 1.7.10 Mc uses uuids instead of just a player name to differentiate players all plugins before that used player names plugins like disquises craft are yet to be updated to use uuids deekay is most likely waiting for an update

LeBritishCrumpet21

• Trusted
  • bootybootybooty
    • View Profile
    • Tumblrrrr.
    • Awards
« Reply #23 on: July 20, 2014, 10:11:29 pm »
I think we should be able to keep our money if a reset DOES happen.

I have an idea, but I need to research it and make sure it would work.
Tina Belcher is my spirit animal.

leatherneckjr

• Trusted
  • They will quake in my shadow
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #24 on: July 20, 2014, 10:33:58 pm »
I've wanted a wipe for awhile, a nice clean slate with clean spawn and warp towns would be nice. Losing my bigger builds would suck, but that's what downloading and screenshots are for.
http://adf.ly/hCsfh -->Check out my blog! http://adf.ly/hCtSU --> Check out my minecraft skins! Want me to make you one? Just ask!

Blood

• (:RaNdOmNeSs:)
  • Awards Donated $5 towards the server. Donated $10 towards the server.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #25 on: July 21, 2014, 12:26:39 am »
I think we should be able to keep our money if a reset DOES happen.

Well I can think about both sides of this. Of course everyone wants to keep their precious money that they earned over time but if we were to keep it, it would get rid of the whole idea of a "clean slate." I bet most people would use their money to re-buy resources, and tada! No more clean slate!

Altus Clura

• Operator
  • (((d[-_-]b)))
  • Awards Donated $10 towards the server. Donated $5 towards the server. Donated $20 towards the server. Donated $30 towards the server. Donated $50 towards the server.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #26 on: July 21, 2014, 01:47:34 am »
I feel it may be a bad idea not to allow people to change their vote, sure you gave plenty of time to make a decision, sure you stated we couldn't change it, but some people who may have been sure of their decision at first could of been convinced otherwise later, through general discussion.
without allowing people to change their mind you may get invalid data.

DeeKay

• Owner
  • Champion Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #27 on: July 21, 2014, 06:17:21 am »

First of all I've never received an email or PM from you regarding mob disguises, so you can go ahead and tick that off your list buddy.
Secondly, I'm not sure why you think this is an attack against you. If you haven't noticed, this is a community vote for a server wipe, and nothing has even been set in stone yet.

I understand losing sponges and spawn eggs will suck, and half of that is my fault not looking into the future to see a wipe happening, but providing these rewards anyway. So if the wipe was to happen, I guess I'd have to allow people like you with the option to get your other donation rewards back, if that's the way it is. I would have like to have thought that a clean slate would count towards re-gaining donation rewards also, but money is money, and I can't argue that.

As for Mob Disguises, Minecraft/Bukkit underwent a lot of code changes, and therefor a lot of plugins need to update/test before they can reach the latest Bukkit version. Since I always want to run the latest Bukkit version, Mob Disguises is just one of those plugins that becomes outdated, and that I must wait to be updated.

I feel it may be a bad idea not to allow people to change their vote, sure you gave plenty of time to make a decision, sure you stated we couldn't change it, but some people who may have been sure of their decision at first could of been convinced otherwise later, through general discussion.
without allowing people to change their mind you may get invalid data.
I guess you're right, you can now change your vote.
« Last Edit: July 21, 2014, 06:33:50 am by xDeeKay »

pigglesquirt

• Trusted
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #28 on: July 22, 2014, 12:07:15 am »
Is it possible to wipe one world at a time?

AnonymousAfro

• CANADA
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #29 on: July 22, 2014, 12:31:26 am »
Unfortunately I don't support or like the idea, I've worked for many hours on my projects and stuff.
"An arrow can only be shot by pulling it backward. When life is dragging you back with difficulties it means it's going to launch you into something great. So just focus and keep aiming"
Spoiler (Click to show/hide