Poll

Do you want a full server wipe?

Yes
43 (76.8%)
No
13 (23.2%)

Total Members Voted: 55

Voting closed: September 01, 2014, 06:19:09 am

Author Topic: Server Wipe - Cast Your Vote  (Read 43684 times)

CollisionCourse

• Trusted
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Server Wipe - Cast Your Vote
« Reply #75 on: September 19, 2014, 10:12:11 pm »
I was reading somewhere that bukkit is dead. Is this true?
For lack of a better word, yes it's dead. It's the reason there hasn't been much progress on the server update or wipe, I'm still letting the situation fold out, because there's not much more anyone can do right now.
ok so will the wipe happen without bukkit or will we wait and see?
Well we could update without bukkit if you don't like, having amoney, sethome, ohome etc. Most plugins need bukkit to work

DeeKay

• Owner
  • Champion Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Server Wipe - Cast Your Vote
« Reply #76 on: September 20, 2014, 04:38:16 am »
If enough of our plugins switch to sponge would we switch over along with them? At the moment I seecit as the only option...
Right now I've been slowly following Sponge's progress, and although it seems like a great option in the long run, it's not the greatest thing to be hoping for if we want an update soon.
Don't get me wrong, I love what they're doing. Right from the get-go they've been doing an amazing job, and I support every aspect of Sponge. All I can say is I will keep my options open for anything.

ok so will the wipe happen without bukkit or will we wait and see?
Pretty much what pujols said. We could in fact update to 1.8 right now using Minecraft's official server software, but that would obviously mean 0 support for any plugins, which I don't think would go down very well.
As stated above, I'm going to be keeping my options open for anything at this point, and I will be keeping everyone up to date with anything I have planned.