Poll

Do you want a full server wipe?

Yes
43 (76.8%)
No
13 (23.2%)

Total Members Voted: 55

Voting closed: September 01, 2014, 06:19:09 am

Author Topic: Server Wipe - Cast Your Vote  (Read 44504 times)

Altus Clura

• Operator
  • (((d[-_-]b)))
  • Awards Donated $10 towards the server. Donated $5 towards the server. Donated $20 towards the server. Donated $30 towards the server. Donated $50 towards the server.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Server Wipe - Cast Your Vote
« Reply #30 on: July 22, 2014, 01:31:04 am »
Unfortunately I don't support or like the idea, I've worked for many hours on my projects and stuff.
Your projects would be up for download, they wouldn't be gone... you just wouldn't be able to play with them in multiplier, besides you would be able to mess around with anyone and everyone's build.

CollisionCourse

• Trusted
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #31 on: July 22, 2014, 02:05:56 am »
Unfortunately I don't support or like the idea, I've worked for many hours on my projects and stuff.
Your projects would be up for download, they wouldn't be gone... you just wouldn't be able to play with them in multiplier, besides you would be able to mess around with anyone and everyone's build.
Dude if it does happen I'm going to turn the guest world spawn into a warzone...

DeeKay

• Owner
  • Champion Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #32 on: July 22, 2014, 04:24:10 am »
Is it possible to wipe one world at a time?
Why yes, but the point of a full wipe is to reset practically everything, so all the worlds would end up being wiped anyway. Unless you had an idea.

CollisionCourse

• Trusted
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #33 on: July 22, 2014, 09:27:27 am »
Why yes, but the point of a full wipe is to reset practically everything, so all the worlds would end up being wiped anyway. Unless you had an idea.
Why not clear everything (inventories included) but keep the player.dat files? Allow everyone to keep half or maybe a third of their in game money it'll please some and keep it relatively balanced

DeeKay

• Owner
  • Champion Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #34 on: July 22, 2014, 11:11:49 am »
Why not clear everything (inventories included) but keep the player.dat files? Allow everyone to keep half or maybe a third of their in game money it'll please some and keep it relatively balanced
Not sure what you mean by keeping player.dat files, as that's what's used to store player inventories.
As for halfing player balances, Essentials simply doesn't give any kind of tool to do that, so it's either clear player money or keep player money.

LeBritishCrumpet21

• Trusted
  • bootybootybooty
    • View Profile
    • Tumblrrrr.
    • Awards
« Reply #35 on: July 22, 2014, 02:07:13 pm »
If a reset DOES happen, I think we should do it when 1.8 comes out so we can have a fresh updated world.
Tina Belcher is my spirit animal.

CollisionCourse

• Trusted
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #36 on: July 22, 2014, 04:43:26 pm »
If we do have a world reset we should do it every 5 updates since most take 3-4 months each it'll give at least a year every reset

TTLego

• Trusted
  • ^ British Guy
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #37 on: July 23, 2014, 08:08:52 pm »
If a reset DOES happen, I think we should do it when 1.8 comes out so we can have a fresh updated world.

I agree with this statement.

dave2072

• Trusted
  • Arigato Nakama
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #38 on: July 23, 2014, 10:20:32 pm »

I agree with this statement.
Same here
༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つMOLLY MOLLY ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ

LeBritishCrumpet21

• Trusted
  • bootybootybooty
    • View Profile
    • Tumblrrrr.
    • Awards
« Reply #39 on: July 24, 2014, 01:39:57 am »
If we do have a world reset we should do it every 5 updates since most take 3-4 months each it'll give at least a year every reset

It also depends on what updates. The next 5 updates may or may not be major world updates.

DeeKay

• Owner
  • Champion Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #40 on: July 24, 2014, 01:44:57 am »
It also depends on what updates. The next 5 updates may or may not be major world updates.
We won't be having many of these wipes. But I think 2.5 years with the same stuff warrants the consideration of one.

Gurjit4169

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #41 on: July 24, 2014, 04:07:26 am »
No i dont think the server should be wiped because all of the players have built so much including me and i dont want to lose my stuff i think this server is best the way it is and people ahould not lose there things so my answer is a big fat NO!!!!!!!!

Altus Clura

• Operator
  • (((d[-_-]b)))
  • Awards Donated $10 towards the server. Donated $5 towards the server. Donated $20 towards the server. Donated $30 towards the server. Donated $50 towards the server.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #42 on: July 24, 2014, 04:20:56 am »
No i dont think the server should be wiped because all of the players have built so much including me and i dont want to lose my stuff i think this server is best the way it is and people ahould not lose there things so my answer is a big fat NO!!!!!!!!

You wouldn't really lose your things, you would just have them in single player instead of multiplayer after you download the worlds...

Penguinmanss

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #43 on: July 27, 2014, 01:54:44 am »
I vote yea for server wipe.

LeBritishCrumpet21

• Trusted
  • bootybootybooty
    • View Profile
    • Tumblrrrr.
    • Awards
« Reply #44 on: July 27, 2014, 02:46:54 pm »

The worlds will be up for download. Just think, you can download the worlds and play them in single player or set up a LAN network thingy and play with your friends if they're over at your house or something. You can do WHATEVER you want in the world, you don't have to worry about other players' builds!
At least that's the way I'm seeing it. After all, I don't think a server wipe would be all that bad, considering the server has been around for nearly 3 years. That's amazing. It'd be nice to see the server with a fresh face. And this way, everyone can start out with a new update, in a new world, playing with their friends they've made on the server.