• Login
    • Username: Password:

Did you miss your activation email?
  • Hello Guest

Author Topic: Towny  (Read 3949 times)

Ryuuza

Towny
« on: March 25, 2013, 05:39:35 am »
Hello fellow Dkcrafters!, I am here to suggest an amazing plugin for the benefit of the server, and the fun and opportunities for the awesome players!.

The plugin is called, Towny, a versatile, player-controlled land management plugin for use with Bukkit/Tekkit/Spigot/Libigot, offering solutions for pvp, griefing, chat, inflated economies and monsters.

Towny includes a wide variety of features to offer instant enhancements to your traditional Minecraft server.

Allows players to own and manage land based on a pre-set grid layout.
Players join towns and purchase plots of land.
Players decide who can build, destroy, use ?switchs? and use items on every plot they control.
Towns can join together into nations, further structuring a server into teams.
Towns grant protection from monsters, pvp, fire, explosions and greifing.

Wilderness Rules (Optional)
Area between towns is wilderness, with its own build permissions.
Limit players? interaction with the wild to just harvest-able blocks, keeping the wild pristine.
Roll-back tnt, creeper, wither explosions, dragon damage and endermen block-moving.
Block explosions and fire.
PVP Enhancements
Server with a strong PVP aspect will find Towny?s grouping of players to be invaluable.
Prevent friendly-fire. (Optional)
Nations split players into larger teams.
Nations can declare other nations to be allies or enemies, further splitting players into even larger teams.
PVP can be turned on/off in wilderness, towns and worlds. (Optional)
Teleporting/Warping and Spawning (Optional)
Players can spawn to their town upon death.
Players can spawn to their town or a town that is within their nation/allied with their nation.
Customized modified chat. (Optional)
Colours, group prefixes and suffixes, nation, town, towny titles.
Channels for general, local, town, nation, moderator, admin and custom channels.
Anti-spam feature.
Shop plugin support. (Optional)
Limit shops to special Shop Plots, enhancing realism.
Economy plugin interaction. (Optional)
Supports all economy plugins.
Charge money for plots, towns, nations.
Flexible tax system.
Upkeep to remove money from the economy, stopping rampant inflation.
All Permissions Plugins supported. (Optional)
Perms 2/3, GroupManager, BukkitPermissions, bPermissions, PermissionsEx, etc.
Multiworld Support
Flexible settings for every world.
Enable/disable Towny in as many worlds as you like.

If you wish to look into this amazing plugin, do so by visiting: http://forums.bukkit.org/threads/sec-fun-info-chat-tp-towny-advanced-v0-82-1-0-land-and-town-management-2602-1-4-7-r1-0.25101/

This is something the server should look into, I think we need a change and this is a big opportunity for players to extend their adventure in Dkcraft!
« Last Edit: March 25, 2013, 05:42:18 am by Ryuuza »

The_ChamPeon

• I'm Back! Keep an eye out for me!
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Towny
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2013, 08:23:36 pm »
Hello fellow Dkcrafters!, I am here to suggest an amazing plugin for the benefit of the server, and the fun and opportunities for the awesome players!.

The plugin is called, Towny, a versatile, player-controlled land management plugin for use with Bukkit/Tekkit/Spigot/Libigot, offering solutions for pvp, griefing, chat, inflated economies and monsters.

Towny includes a wide variety of features to offer instant enhancements to your traditional Minecraft server.

Allows players to own and manage land based on a pre-set grid layout.
Players join towns and purchase plots of land.
Players decide who can build, destroy, use ?switchs? and use items on every plot they control.
Towns can join together into nations, further structuring a server into teams.
Towns grant protection from monsters, pvp, fire, explosions and greifing.

Wilderness Rules (Optional)
Area between towns is wilderness, with its own build permissions.
Limit players? interaction with the wild to just harvest-able blocks, keeping the wild pristine.
Roll-back tnt, creeper, wither explosions, dragon damage and endermen block-moving.
Block explosions and fire.
PVP Enhancements
Server with a strong PVP aspect will find Towny?s grouping of players to be invaluable.
Prevent friendly-fire. (Optional)
Nations split players into larger teams.
Nations can declare other nations to be allies or enemies, further splitting players into even larger teams.
PVP can be turned on/off in wilderness, towns and worlds. (Optional)
Teleporting/Warping and Spawning (Optional)
Players can spawn to their town upon death.
Players can spawn to their town or a town that is within their nation/allied with their nation.
Customized modified chat. (Optional)
Colours, group prefixes and suffixes, nation, town, towny titles.
Channels for general, local, town, nation, moderator, admin and custom channels.
Anti-spam feature.
Shop plugin support. (Optional)
Limit shops to special Shop Plots, enhancing realism.
Economy plugin interaction. (Optional)
Supports all economy plugins.
Charge money for plots, towns, nations.
Flexible tax system.
Upkeep to remove money from the economy, stopping rampant inflation.
All Permissions Plugins supported. (Optional)
Perms 2/3, GroupManager, BukkitPermissions, bPermissions, PermissionsEx, etc.
Multiworld Support
Flexible settings for every world.
Enable/disable Towny in as many worlds as you like.

If you wish to look into this amazing plugin, do so by visiting: http://forums.bukkit.org/threads/sec-fun-info-chat-tp-towny-advanced-v0-82-1-0-land-and-town-management-2602-1-4-7-r1-0.25101/

This is something the server should look into, I think we need a change and this is a big opportunity for players to extend their adventure in Dkcraft!

This is not a PvP server, nor will it ever be, the parts about the pvp would be useless on this server.

if this pluggin is added, the server may have to have a BIG restart to manage and set the "pre-set" grid for plots, the server might lag more and restart more because it needs to mantain the grid and DeeKay is trying to keep the server as vinilla as possable, this might remove more vinilla and add a little more "forien flavors" as I like to call them.

Over all, its a good idea untill the server has to shut down for at least a good 12 hours or so to manage and set the grid. I am not the owner of the server, but I'm pointing out some facts that deekay might point out.
I'm going to camp for four weeks. I won't be back until some time in August.

Ryuuza

« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2013, 11:05:59 pm »
If you read more about it, nothing mentions having to manage a "pre-set" grid. It's just like adding any plugin, nothing extra to it, it's an integrated plugin. Not too much effort should be applied, but in this case to configure it to the servers aspect then effort would be acquired (i.e. setting economy prices, money to start a town, etc.).

All in all, it's dk's decision, not mine. I will leave it up to peoples valid opinions, and discussions, decisions etc.

DeeKay

• Owner
  • Champion Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: March 26, 2013, 12:12:30 am »
Although I've heard good things about Towny, and overall it seems like a great plugin, it doesn't really suit our setup unfortunately.
We already have ways of protecting land, one of those being applying for a project/city protection.

WarriorSnipes

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: July 06, 2013, 08:08:39 pm »
and it pushes us further away from vanilla D: