• Home
  • Search
    •  
  • Login
    • Username: Password:

Did you miss your activation email?
  • Hello Guest

Author Topic: Horses situation with old map and horse mechanics.  (Read 6757 times)

Echo_Matty

• Trusted
  • Could be Batman
  • Awards Donated $5 towards the server. Donated $10 towards the server. Donated $20 towards the server. Donated $30 towards the server. Donated $50 towards the server. Donated $100 towards the server.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Horses situation with old map and horse mechanics.
« on: July 04, 2013, 10:50:02 am »
Recently the server was updated to minecraft v.1.6.1 this added Horses and other items to the game. The Horses were not able to found in the wilderness as the map was not a new map and has a border. This means there was no new chunks for the horses to spawn. The dev and Owner added horses spawning at "Easttown" and other town warps. The problem others and I found was the new horses will only spawn in new chunks the same as the nametags and horse armor. if horses have been spawning nobody can keep them , because without a "Nametag" they horses will despawn we found this out the hard way losing 11 horses. A way to get Horses has been added and many others and I believe that nametags should be introduced to the server as soon as possible via shop or other method. Armor personally im not too fussy.

-Thanks for reading!
-Matty_B_Ire
-Matt

DeeKay

• Owner
  • Champion Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Horses situation with old map and horse mechanics.
« Reply #1 on: July 04, 2013, 11:13:46 am »
Last time I checked, horses are not supposed to despawn as long as they're tamed. This could just be a Minecraft/Bukkit bug. Also, I have already added saddles and horse armor to the blacksmith store.

Blood

• (:RaNdOmNeSs:)
  • Awards Donated $5 towards the server. Donated $10 towards the server.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: July 04, 2013, 01:37:14 pm »
Hey Dk, Thanks for adding the horse armour and saddles to the shops. But we still don't have nametages and without them it's pretty pointless having a horse now.  :-\

Echo_Matty

• Trusted
  • Could be Batman
  • Awards Donated $5 towards the server. Donated $10 towards the server. Donated $20 towards the server. Donated $30 towards the server. Donated $50 towards the server. Donated $100 towards the server.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: July 04, 2013, 01:39:46 pm »
You are correct , this was fixed in the last snapshot but not fixed for servers. the only way horses will despawn is without a nametag jk_rules and I have spent nearly an hour reeding peoples posts on forums . they have allmost ALL said they had trouble with despawning horses without namtags. Key word: "Without".

-Matty

-I and Alot of others on the server have found horses to despawn when leashed tamed and saddle , but not name tag'd.

DeeKay

• Owner
  • Champion Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: July 04, 2013, 02:11:03 pm »
I won't be adding nametags to the shops unfortunately, it just doesn't have any place in any of them.
You'll just have to wait until the bug is fixed.

Echo_Matty

• Trusted
  • Could be Batman
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: July 04, 2013, 02:53:02 pm »
i Honestly dont see the downside to adding nametags , you have added saddles and armor but Not the thing everybody wants/needs and then next to that we have no way of getting name tags anyways , jk_rules is very upset he wanted to name his chicken simon.......

Blood

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: July 04, 2013, 03:02:20 pm »
Please DK? We don't know when the bug will fix or if it ever will be. It'd just be better if we could all buy nametags and have our own horses that won't despawn. I was really excited about 1.61 only to find that my money was wasted when my horse disappeared.

TTLego

• Trusted
  • ^ British Guy
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: July 04, 2013, 03:12:27 pm »
Name tags and horse armour can still be found, as you can now get chests in the nether, and since the nether has no border you can get these items such as name tags and horse armour, within those specific chests, so no need for Dk to add them to the shop  :)

Blood

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: July 04, 2013, 03:18:44 pm »
Well at least it is possible to find them in the game but still it'd be easier for the shops to have them. :-\

DeeKay

• Owner
  • Champion Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: July 04, 2013, 03:46:51 pm »
you have added saddles and armor but Not the thing everybody wants/needs
Ok, let me go ahead and remove them.

Blood

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: July 04, 2013, 09:05:21 pm »
I'm sorry Dk, I just really wanted a horse and was upset when my horse disappeared. I guess we just have to wait for the bug to fix.   :)