• Home
  • Search
    •  
  • Login
    • Username: Password:

Did you miss your activation email?
  • Hello Guest

Author Topic: Enderpearls and Doors  (Read 5046 times)

Grim_Sheep

• Trusted
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Enderpearls and Doors
« on: March 23, 2013, 09:06:41 pm »
I found that it's really easy for players with enderpearls to get through doors, and enderpearls are very easily accessible to all playerse. I don't want to have to piston all of my doors in my homes. I was wondering if there was a solution to this.

Lissy421

• https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Aql_fYL7Wwc
  • Awards Donated $5 towards the server.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Enderpearls and Doors
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2013, 09:23:29 pm »
The only real solution to this would be to disable enderpearls. I am against enderpearls because of the same issue you are having. I think maybe giving enderpearl to trusted plus and disable it for anyone lower. So that way its not completely disabled but requires ranking up to use them. thats just my opinion on this however I cannot change this unless someone higher then me does so.

Waddles15

• Trusted
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2013, 01:50:20 am »
Deekay and I spoke earlier about that, and he is thinking about making enderpearls accessible through trusted and up. Maybe we will see a solution to this soon. :3

DeeKay

• Owner
  • Champion Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: March 24, 2013, 06:03:53 am »
The only thing stopping me from doing that is the fact that I'm a little reluctant in taking away normal features in the game.
Water and lava are understandable, since they're blocks. But enderpearls are hardly comparable to lava poured over a house.

If people are using enderpearls to teleport through doors, they're hardly there to do any damage, or else they would have griefed into your house instead of using an enderpearl.
If this becomes an issue to the point where we get tons of complaints, then I'll consider putting this in place.

Altus Clura

• Operator
  • (((d[-_-]b)))
  • Awards Donated $10 towards the server. Donated $5 towards the server. Donated $20 towards the server. Donated $30 towards the server. Donated $50 towards the server.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: March 25, 2013, 07:12:30 pm »
you could also use iron doors. its much harder to enderpearl through them

The_ChamPeon

• I'm Back! Keep an eye out for me!
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: March 25, 2013, 08:14:54 pm »
you could also use iron doors. its much harder to enderpearl through them

you really cant enderpearl through an iron door, unless you somehow manage to teleport partly through the door.

I might have the solution to the problem, just re-add the damage dealed to people when they enderpearl, so they cant spam them through doors without the risk of dieing of the damage.
I'm going to camp for four weeks. I won't be back until some time in August.

WarriorSnipes

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: July 06, 2013, 08:06:11 pm »
plus your house should be protected. how could they do damage? (mob griefing? Answer: Protect your animalz in a shelter)

ToastedSyrup

• In all honesty, I hate syrup......
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: July 06, 2013, 08:34:32 pm »
My issue with the animal shelter (as stated above) is that you could ender pearl through those, too. I hope no one reads this post and starts griefing animal pens......
Jelly bean steaks and pistachio juice only live in your imagination.....

Can't click this !