• Home
  • Search
    •  
  • Login
    • Username: Password:

Did you miss your activation email?
  • Hello Guest

Author Topic: Staff Responses  (Read 3715 times)

Seliphail

Staff Responses
« on: March 26, 2013, 11:19:54 pm »
I enjoy this server and the staff is really nice. However, there has been plenty of times that I've seen people ask nicely for help from staff members and get no response. I understand that staff is busy with other things beside helping us, but once again, regular members will get no response at all. I'd be nice if they could show some recognition that they saw what we said with a "Please wait ___" or something along those lines.
« Last Edit: March 26, 2013, 11:25:35 pm by Seliphail »

S_HeffLey

• Trusted
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Staff Responses
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2013, 11:35:20 pm »
It matters what there asking. There is certain things we don't do and thats why we say no.
I wanted to put something here, but I had no idea what to put.

2019 update: I hate this

Seliphail

« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2013, 11:37:04 pm »
That's the thing. There is no response at all. Even if you can't, it's just nice to know you saw our question and took a second to say "yes" "no" or whatever.

impishmonkey

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: March 27, 2013, 12:44:39 am »
Hey seliphail,

Thanks for the feedback! You may not know this but staff members are usually very very busy. Since this server is growing in size and as the days go on, we get more and more members asking for water, lava, fire, portals lit, grief rollback, etc.. As well as the occasional member who feels the need to harass/cause problems.

Now, I can't speak for all the staff members here, but there are plenty of times where I get so focused on helping someone that even though I see someone else asked for help, I forget shortly after finishing my original task!

Seeing as there are many people talking, asking for help, demanding things, a lot of chat goes unnoticed or becomes a blur. That's why we have a /helpop option! What that does is it adds a little red title to the message, making it easier to see! It'll look something like this

[HelpOp] seliphail: Help! I've been griefed!

Now, even though that makes it slightly more visible, some staff members may not see it right away so please be patient and please bare with us. We're only human and can only do so much!

Hopefully that helps!

~impishmonkey

WarriorSnipes

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: July 06, 2013, 08:04:04 pm »
can moderators see [HelpOp]? (if not maybe add /modreq too)

impishmonkey

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: July 07, 2013, 03:05:03 am »
Yes they can. All staff can see the /helpop' s