• Home
  • Search
    •  
  • Login
    • Username: Password:

Did you miss your activation email?
  • Hello Guest

Author Topic: 1.7 Server Update - Spigot  (Read 3421 times)

DeeKay

• Owner
  • Champion Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
1.7 Server Update - Spigot
« on: November 08, 2014, 02:56:46 pm »
Hey guys,

I've gone ahead and switched our 1.7 server over to Spigot, which brings some wonderful changes from here on out. As you may or may not know, Spigot have been doing a wonderful job regarding 1.8, and not too long ago released a patch for 1.7.10 which allows 1.8 clients to connect to 1.7.10 servers. For us this means you can now connect to our 1.7 server while running a 1.8 client, however you won't have access to any of the 1.8 features just yet.

NOTE: This is only a patch which allows 1.8 client to connect, and it does not actually add 1.8 features for the server. I want to make this clear. If you wish to play with 1.8 features, head over to our 1.8 server.

On the subject of Spigot, it looks as if a proper 1.8 update is right around the corner! A post was made today about Spigots progress on 1.8, and that beta testing has begun. As stated in the post, there is currently no official release date for the patch, but they are hoping to release it before the end of the month!
This is great news, and I hope you're all excited for this update. Once our server receives this update, that means all our current plugins and features on our 1.7 server will work alongside the Spigot update. This also means I will be able to go ahead with the server wipe which has been put on hold since September.

I shall keep you all updated once more news from Spigot arises.

Cheers!
« Last Edit: November 08, 2014, 03:40:03 pm by xDeeKay »

CollisionCourse

• Trusted
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: 1.7 Server Update - Spigot
« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2014, 03:15:38 am »
Heads up to everyone, some plugins won't work, obviously I can't get on, but I know for sure that things like the live map or other plugins might be buggy or not work at all.

DeeKay

• Owner
  • Champion Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: 1.7 Server Update - Spigot
« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2014, 11:14:26 am »
Heads up to everyone, some plugins won't work, obviously I can't get on, but I know for sure that things like the live map or other plugins might be buggy or not work at all.
Thanks for letting me know about the live map. It looks like the live map is the only thing that's broken, I made sure to test everything else. I'm not sure if it was broken before or after updating though, but nonetheless I will look for a fix.