• Home
  • Search
    •  
  • Login
    • Username: Password:

Did you miss your activation email?
  • Hello Guest

Author Topic: Random thoughts...  (Read 18545 times)

Altus Clura

• Operator
  • (((d[-_-]b)))
  • Awards Donated $10 towards the server. Donated $5 towards the server. Donated $20 towards the server. Donated $30 towards the server. Donated $50 towards the server.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Random thoughts...
« Reply #15 on: September 24, 2015, 09:11:17 pm »
honeypot is a plugin where you can build a house and set the boundaries of that house, and if anyone modifies any blocks inside the boundaries they get automatically baned and it announces their ban to the server

swimmergirll

• Trusted
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #16 on: September 24, 2015, 09:13:12 pm »
that sounds awesome. if there is a newer version of honeypot. i think we should try it out :P
just keep swimming

Altus Clura

• Operator
  • (((d[-_-]b)))
  • Awards Donated $10 towards the server. Donated $5 towards the server. Donated $20 towards the server. Donated $30 towards the server. Donated $50 towards the server.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #17 on: September 25, 2015, 12:06:13 am »
There isnt a new version, thats the problem, deekay just said he was going to code his version of HoneyPot

S_HeffLey

• Trusted
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #18 on: September 25, 2015, 01:38:15 am »
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

That wouldn't make sense as people are allowed to take things from unlocked chests ;)

Sorry for coming out of the blue here, but are they allowed to take without punishment if you have signs around saying they can't? Back when I was a mod I banned a person for taking from a chest that I said you could not take from. Was this unfair? I doesn't really matter now, since he is unbanned, but I'm just wondering.
I wanted to put something here, but I had no idea what to put.

2019 update: I hate this

DeeKay

• Owner
  • Champion Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #19 on: September 25, 2015, 06:00:17 am »

That wouldn't make sense as people are allowed to take things from unlocked chests ;)

Sorry for coming out of the blue here, but are they allowed to take without punishment if you have signs around saying they can't? Back when I was a mod I banned a person for taking from a chest that I said you could not take from. Was this unfair? I doesn't really matter now, since he is unbanned, but I'm just wondering.

It wasn't really enforced back in the day, and I think I only added it to the staff guidelines later on. I wouldn't say it was unfair then. But yes, if a chest is unlocked, the stuff is free for the taking regardless of signs. LWC locks any container block automatically, and there's numerous amounts of different tools, ie donation chests which only let players put items in and not take them out, there's whitelisting certain groups to access the chests, and of course a player whitelist to allow your friends to access the chests. So yeah there's really no need to ever have a chest unlocked.

AnnaRooks

• :c
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #20 on: September 25, 2015, 07:03:38 pm »

i think people left chests unlocked all the time bc they only know that it locks when you place it, no one really tells new people how lwc worked. they just think its either just you, or everyone can access it
I think it's broken.

Blood

• (:RaNdOmNeSs:)
  • Awards Donated $5 towards the server. Donated $10 towards the server.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #21 on: September 28, 2015, 08:39:15 pm »
sorry a noob question... what is honeypot?
Oh, swimmer, you were never an old world dkcraftian lol. Honeypot were little houses that were filled with valuable blocks and such and if you break a block you automatically get banned for a week if I remember correctly. (I haven't been banned for it so I wouldn't know)  ;).

swimmergirll

• Trusted
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #22 on: September 29, 2015, 02:43:52 am »
sorry a noob question... what is honeypot?
Oh, swimmer, you were never an old world dkcraftian lol. Honeypot were little houses that were filled with valuable blocks and such and if you break a block you automatically get banned for a week if I remember correctly. (I haven't been banned for it so I wouldn't know)  ;).
no, sadly i wasnt ;-;
just keep swimming