• Home
  • Search
    •  
  • Login
    • Username: Password:

Did you miss your activation email?
  • Hello Guest

Author Topic: New Laptop - :3  (Read 6142 times)

TTLego

• Trusted
  • ^ British Guy
    • View Profile
    • Awards
New Laptop - :3
« on: June 22, 2013, 03:15:58 pm »
Good News and Bad News

Hi guys, just a while back I finally got a new laptop, and only just set it up a few days back, hoping to increase my gaming performance, now so far it's not the best gaming computer within fps, so I will be trying to update it throughout the week, but until then I will still be on the server, but not as long of periods of time due to the amount of fps I get, which around now is 10 and if im lucky 20, if I can I will be converting back to my old laptop until I can sort out or upgrade my current new one, but until that moment you may not see me on for more than 15 - 20 minutes intervals of playing as it leads to either Minecraft crashing or me not being able to handle the quality. I will still try and be on as frequently but just in-case I don't, this is a little heads up to the current situation.  ;D

- Lego

DeeKay

• Owner
  • Champion Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: New Laptop - :3
« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2013, 03:27:16 pm »
Have you ever considered investing in a PC? It's well worth it.

TTLego

• Trusted
  • ^ British Guy
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: June 22, 2013, 03:32:28 pm »
Yea, i've definatly thought about the process of purchasing a pc, one of the main problems is the space within my household to store it, but yea i'll have to look more into that during the near future, as I'll probably be saving up for one quite soon if I can, any specific brands or choices you would recommend?

dave2072

• Trusted
  • Arigato Nakama
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: June 22, 2013, 03:43:43 pm »
Pardon my interuption
But I think a $600-$800
AlienwareX51
Deskstop would work at your cause
« Last Edit: June 22, 2013, 03:52:28 pm by dave2072 »
༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つMOLLY MOLLY ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ

DeeKay

• Owner
  • Champion Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: June 22, 2013, 04:17:51 pm »
Pardon my interuption
But I think a $600-$800
AlienwareX51
Deskstop would work at your cause
Keep in mind, that price is for the lowest specs available for the X51 (Core i3,  GeForce GTX 645, not really worth buying)
If you want an X51 that's a good all-rounder for games like Minecraft, you're looking paying $1000+ USD. I got my X51 for around $1200 AUD, and I get 125 FPS playing Minecraft with max settings. It will struggle with certain games on max settings, but is fine on medium/high for most FPS heavy games. It's also very hard to upgrade new parts for the X51, because of it's size and limited space.

That's my advice if you were thinking about the X51, but there are tons of better PC's out there, trust me.
(You'd also still need a desk and chair, which would take up more room than the PC obviously, so you'd still be confined to a small space)

Altus Clura

• Operator
  • (((d[-_-]b)))
  • Awards Donated $10 towards the server. Donated $5 towards the server. Donated $20 towards the server. Donated $30 towards the server. Donated $50 towards the server.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: June 22, 2013, 04:50:33 pm »
When I bought my pc, I just went to a local pc store(my dad is friends with the owner) and asked how much out would be for him to make me a gaming pc. He told me he could do it for 600$ and the highest fps I've seen it run was 220

DeeKay

• Owner
  • Champion Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: June 22, 2013, 04:59:28 pm »
Oh yeah, and I forgot to mention not to buy pre-built branded PC's like Alienware. If you have a local PC store nearby, do what d00m said and go there.
You can buy the parts for much less, and buy much better parts too. The problem with brands like Alienware/Dell is you're paying for the name more than anything.

(I only bought the X51 cause I'm loco crazy)

jt03140

• Trusted
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: June 22, 2013, 05:41:55 pm »
The best brand of desktop pc is: build your own.    I get my parts from newegg.com and never had an issue.  If you need help with the parts let me know.

dave2072

• Trusted
  • Arigato Nakama
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: June 22, 2013, 06:51:27 pm »
The best brand of desktop pc is: build your own.    I get my parts from newegg.com and never had an issue.  If you need help with the parts let me know.
This also works too cause you can work your way up

impishmonkey

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: June 22, 2013, 08:08:04 pm »
Why can't I know you guys in real life? D: I can never figure this stuff out! xD

dave2072

• Trusted
  • Arigato Nakama
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: June 22, 2013, 10:57:17 pm »
Why can't I know you guys in real life? D: I can never figure this stuff out! xD
Lawl