Did you miss your activation email?
  • Hello Guest

Poll

Do you think 'The End' should be;

Reset
5 (29.4%)
Removed of tall 1 block towers and dug out ground filled in
3 (17.6%)
Cleaned up as seen fit by mod+ (Ridding of ugly builds and tall towers, filling in holes)
8 (47.1%)
Eh, Not bothered.
0 (0%)
Left alone and Carried on to amass with tall 1 block towers
0 (0%)
Cherished as it is >.> <.<
1 (5.9%)

Total Members Voted: 16

Voting closed: May 28, 2013, 06:47:19 pm

Author Topic: The End 'clean up'  (Read 4052 times)

Tobieias

• Tobieias
  • Admin
  • Pretty sweet.
  • Awards Donated $10 towards the server. Donated $5 towards the server. Donated $20 towards the server. Donated $30 towards the server. Donated $50 towards the server. Donated $100 towards the server. Donated $150 towards the server.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
The End 'clean up'
« on: May 14, 2013, 06:47:19 pm »
Me, and others would like to see a clean TheEnd area. i.e. none of those dirty 1 block towers that go way high that will never be used again and ugly pointless builds spammed all around The End area. Fighting the dragon becomes difficult as having to weave in and out of pointless towers all the time to attempt to even shoot an arrow at the dragon without hitting placed blocks. I guess this is put in the correct forum area. Thanks for your time, and vote with consideration. Thanks.
Don't go hollow.

Seliphail

Re: The End 'clean up'
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2013, 12:25:56 am »
I would vote reset, but my worry with that is that (if I'm correct) it could mean resetting the whole map; Overworld, end, and nether.

stevejobs

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2013, 01:52:49 am »
It wouldn't be hard to reset just the end, if that's the decision DK makes.

payrol

• Trusted
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: May 15, 2013, 08:18:23 am »
To be honest, I agree with Tobieias. The End has become messed up with objects placed that people dont exacly use. However, people have used some buildings to gain protection from Enderman and get a much easer shot with killing the Enderdragon. If we did roll this back, we would need to ask everyone that their belongings are taken. For example, TheLumberLord's egg that is located on a building to where we kill the Dragon, would need to be given to him.

We could make a simple structure where we could kill the dragon, as long as it does not mess up the End.

In a nut shell, yes, it would be nice to see the End back to normal :P
Payrol.
 :D :D :D
Payrol, the man who gave everything to you.

26/12/12 - 19/10/13

DeeKay

• Owner
  • Champion Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: May 15, 2013, 09:00:07 am »
There will be no reset to the end world, nor a clean up. You guys are missing the point of the end world.
I want to make this clear for the last time. People are free to mine and build whatever they want in this world, just like the overworld and the nether.

The only difference is it's obvious size, and the fact that the dragon respawns there. This is not a vanilla feature, the dragon respawning was my idea to give the end world something fun; I didn't have to add it.
So if you have no intentions of building in the world, you need not worry about the worlds looks, as you're probably only there to fight the dragon.
If you're there to fight the dragon, you're going to need to tolerate the messiness, it's all part of the game, and it may even give you an extra challenge when fighting the dragon.

There will be no modifications to the world. Like I said, it's just another world like the other 2, try not to get too attached.

TheLumberLord

• I am weird, but maybe not as weird as some people.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: May 15, 2013, 05:32:02 pm »
We could form a clean up the end group, removing the messy towers 1 block towers, etc
I must find the perfect tree!

impishmonkey

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: May 15, 2013, 07:13:24 pm »
Like it or not, that would technically be considered griefing as the things built/removed in ''the end'' were done by players for decoration, personal use, and/or protection.

I understand that you guys don't like how messy it looks, I get that, I'm sorry.

To modify any used space you must gain permission before doing anything. Just as you would in any other world, ingame.

Like DeeKay said, this is just another world like the other two and there will be no modifications.