• Home
  • Search
    •  
  • Login
    • Username: Password:

Did you miss your activation email?
  • Hello Guest

Author Topic: Griefers attempting to pass off as 'Trolls'  (Read 10915 times)

PUFlN

• View Profile
    • Awards
Griefers attempting to pass off as 'Trolls'
« on: December 12, 2012, 09:01:35 pm »
Hello and good afternoon.

I had just started playing Minecraft only recently, by the recommendation of someone by the name of pigglesquirt directed me to this server after I had obtained my friend's account (He stopped playing just before 1.8 came out). While everything was hunky-dory all around, everything came to a head when a trio, including one trusted member, began to 'grief' me. At first I tried to tell them that I didn't want them anywhere near my creations (Rightfully so, I had a sky building to make) but then they tried to kill me off more than once by breaking the glass beneath my feet.

When I tried to tell them to stop, they simply began to say they were 'trolling' because of my character's skin texture (Given how I am, frankly, new to this server and minecraft in general I don't really know how even). I kindly tell them that I am African, hailing from the country of Chad since my birth (I was actually born here in Canada). They of course took this opportunity to thinly mask their griefing as 'vigilante' justice by blocking my furnace with glass and or cobble stone.

I have pictures here. How is it that you could let a Trusted Member, of all people, do this kind of crap?

Trusted Member admitting to trolling
Them admitting they were griefing.

Now, if I am to face judgment for my texture, I'll gladly accept it (Honestly I don't even mind the texture given how I rarely even see it). Even when I first came into the server Pigglesquirt, the person who recruited me here, found nothing wrong with it. However, the way these three have acted is way above the line and casts a shadow of doubt over how you choose your trusted members. I am not going to leave this server because of this little infraction nor am I going to hold a grudge, but please, if you do value the esteem of this server, take corrective action.

To round off:

AaronnJ
VexedLemonade
andrewtimmins13

In the meanwhile, I'm going to find a way to change the texture, while I'm at it.

Yours truly,

~PUFIN
« Last Edit: December 12, 2012, 09:15:39 pm by PUFlN »

impishmonkey

• View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Griefers attempting to pass off as 'Trolls'
« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2012, 10:15:30 pm »
I apologize greatly, for what's happened and this shall be looked into and dealt with.

VexedLemonade

• PUT THAT PEPSI DOWN PICK UP SPRITE :P
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2012, 11:07:15 pm »
I admit that I deleted 1 blog and made u fall to your death I meant no harm and I did not participate in those 2 griefing I did not tale offence to the skin because I am white I was just thinking of those who do find it racist I also went onto the server and was acused of trying to force him to change his skin if u look at the screen shot I said can u please change ur skin otherwise I will take further action and report it I was counting down as a joke I dident think they was going to grief and as soon as they told me they was griefing I told them to stop they was also trying to get to me to place lava and water on you I am sorry about you getting griefed I did not mean any harm I only was playing a joke it is not my fault that they griefed you I only killed you once by deleting a block u was standing on I am truly sorry for this hastle and I hope that you enjoy the server
DROP THE FANTA PICK UP THE 7up

DeeKay

• Owner
  • Champion Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: December 13, 2012, 03:03:53 am »
VexedLemonade, you really need to work on your sentence structures, especially when giving an apology.

Like Impish said, we'll be looking into this matter, and punishments will be given.

VexedLemonade

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: December 13, 2012, 04:38:48 pm »
Im sorry i cant help that i am dyslexic and it was extreamly hard for me to write that apology.

AaronnJ

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: December 13, 2012, 04:51:32 pm »
Yes, okay. Me, VexedLemonade nor andrewtimmins13 was 'Griefing', we deleted one block from under your feet as a joke, we then replaced the block. (He was suiciding off the structure anyways). No damage was done to you nor your builds, so it was in no way or form griefing. The three of us was in a skype call and VexedLeonade said himself he didnt want no part in this, so the 2 day ban and the removal of his 'Trusted' status wasnt necessary. As for andrew, he had a 5 day ban i belive? All he did was threaten to report him unless he changed his skin, but no damage was done. I have a 13 day ban, and i did just as much as the andrew, if not less.

DeeKay

• Owner
  • Champion Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: December 13, 2012, 05:16:39 pm »
Im sorry i cant help that i am dyslexic and it was extreamly hard for me to write that apology.
I apologise.

Yes, okay. Me, VexedLemonade nor andrewtimmins13 was 'Griefing', we deleted one block from under your feet as a joke, we then replaced the block. (He was suiciding off the structure anyways). No damage was done to you nor your builds, so it was in no way or form griefing. The three of us was in a skype call and VexedLeonade said himself he didnt want no part in this, so the 2 day ban and the removal of his 'Trusted' status wasnt necessary. As for andrew, he had a 5 day ban i belive? All he did was threaten to report him unless he changed his skin, but no damage was done. I have a 13 day ban, and i did just as much as the andrew, if not less.
I find it amazing how all 3 of you just happened to stumble across Pufin at the exact same time. It would seem to me that the 3 of you were looking to troll someone, just for the kicks.
I also don't understand why you thought 'trolling' is any better than greifing. You must not have seen the second rule in /rules 'Be respectful to other players'

The first screenshot shows a lack of respect towards Pufin, and just plain immaturity.
Also, both you and Andrew threatened to grief Pufin, as seen in the second screenshot.
Joke or not, 'trolling' is not welcome on the server, this is a friendly community. So for that, you must all wait your time.

At least VexedLemonade realized what you 3 were doing was wrong, and came right to this thread to write an apology.
VexedLemonade; I will be discussing your punishment some more.
« Last Edit: December 13, 2012, 05:20:49 pm by xDeeKay »

AaronnJ

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: December 13, 2012, 05:49:30 pm »
All we did was ask him to change his skin, as its offensive to black people. All we wanted to do was have a little laugh, none of us stole or destroyed anything, yeah i admit to trolling. But him claiming we 'Griefed' is not true in any way. As for being immature? Were 13 year olds.. You see 30 year olds on YouTube trolling, big deal. I think its funny how i got a 13 day ban and i did close to nothing to Pufin. I mean, why did i get the 13 day ban and Andrew only getting a 5 day ban even though i did less? Funny.

impishmonkey

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: December 13, 2012, 05:50:29 pm »
Are any of you even black? Just wondering....

AaronnJ

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: December 13, 2012, 05:54:58 pm »
No, none of us are black. But thats besides the point.

impishmonkey

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: December 13, 2012, 06:12:52 pm »
Alright, so... none of you are black but yet you're incredibly offended that someone had a "racist" skin on. Even if he did, the best thing to do would be to ask him to change it in a respectful manner. You can't force him to do anything. He's a regular player, like you. If he refused and it really genuinely offended you, then ask a member of staff to speak with him. Pufin did not have to answer to you, though he would have to answer to staff.

Vexy was mostly banned because he intended to kill pufin, which is considered pvp. He did this by griefing blocks under him. As a trusted he should have known better. He lost his rank because he lost his trustworthiness and was banned for breaking the rules.

As for your and andrew's bans, if you feel you were unjustly banned, feel free to make a ban appeal. This is not the topic to decide whether your ban was fair or not.

You have all three, intentionally disrespected a player, who, given his level of maturity as compared to yours, did not deserve it. It is one thing to wear a skin to intentionally upset someone, it is another to wear it because you didn't see anything wrong with it.

I did some research on the character of the skin. It is called a "Golliwogg" Is that correct? There has been a lot of debate over whether that character was intentionally racist or not and while I can see your point, please consider that pufin did not believe it to be racist. It was made as a toy not intended to be offensive, but became so after people who are easily offended by certain things, caused a stink over it.

VexedLemonade

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #11 on: December 13, 2012, 06:15:41 pm »
if you look at the first screen shot i asked him kindly

impishmonkey

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #12 on: December 13, 2012, 06:17:08 pm »
And at what point did you break the block under him? After he didn't do what you asked?

VexedLemonade

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #13 on: December 13, 2012, 06:23:53 pm »
oh now i realise that he may of felt he was being forced i dident think of it that way

AaronnJ

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #14 on: December 13, 2012, 06:30:33 pm »
We did ask him in a nice manner, thanks. We also weren't forcing him to change his skin, we asked him to as its offensive. There's no need in me appealing, as i most likely wont be joining the server again. We didn't 'Disrespect' him either. Yes, its a GolliWogg, he may not think its racist, but we do. I'm sure a few hundred thousand people think so too. I'm just thinking of other people and how they might react to it.