• Home
  • Search
    •  
  • Login
    • Username: Password:

Did you miss your activation email?
  • Hello Guest

Author Topic: Server Language Pack!  (Read 5325 times)

Lenny77777770

• Trusted
  • Voices? What voices?
    • View Profile
    • Youtube
    • Awards
Server Language Pack!
« on: September 06, 2016, 12:34:47 am »
Alright, so you guys have probably seen me around here or there. Hi, I'm Lenny if you haven't.

I wanted to make something for us. In Minecraft you can edit a LOT of stuff. Even the languages that you use (so that people can make their own translations for other people who use a certain language), but that also means that anyone can change the words in the game to anything they want! This is literally everything from arrows to the "Exit Game" text in the options menu.

What I want to do is have the community (you guys) help me change up some of the item names or the text in the menus to what you guys want. If you have any clever ideas you want some items to be called, I'll probably add it. The only rules I want to make to this is that the names can't be swear words or just profanity in general, and I don't want to name items after specific usernames (I'm not going to name a diamond block "xDeeKay", sorry Dee), but I do want you guys to look at the text in-game and say "Hey, why isn't (blank) called (blank) instead?" and I'll try to make that happen for you. Changing the start screen to say "Forever Alone" instead of "Singleplayer" is something I can definitely do if you want me to.

So c'mon, be creative! (I'll release the pack when I think it's done and if someone else wants to add to it after that, I'll update the download link)

-Lenny <3

Linebeckland83

• Trusted
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Server Language Pack!
« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2016, 12:45:27 am »
Orange wool HAS to be named Watty xD

Blood

• (:RaNdOmNeSs:)
  • Awards Donated $5 towards the server. Donated $10 towards the server.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2016, 03:52:23 am »
every block needs to be a pokemon name

Lenny77777770

• Trusted
  • Voices? What voices?
    • View Profile
    • Youtube
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: September 18, 2016, 04:52:07 pm »
Here's the first version: https://www.mediafire.com/folder/x5mqm9ukugcu9/lang

Most of the stuff added so far is little stuff, but there are also Title and Death screen differences, death messages differences, and some item name changes.

C:\Users\[USERNAME]\AppData\Roaming\.minecraft\resourcepacks\[ANYFILENAME]\assets\minecraft\

This is where you put it in your directory. If you don't have anything in the resourcepacks folder, make a new file, name it whatever you want to, make and assets folder inside that, make a minecraft folder inside the assets folder, and then put the lang folder (that's what the download is) inside of the minecraft folder. Seems confusing but it's not really. :)

I also stayed up all night (literally all night. no sleep.) making an 8 bit (8x8) resource pack, so if you want a download for that message me on discord and I'll get it to you. It's pretty awesome actually and that's coming from someone who usually hates his own artwork. It makes everything look very small, like the dispensers (which took a while to texture let me tell you), but it looks good and kinda funny.

-Lenny <3
« Last Edit: September 18, 2016, 05:03:31 pm by Lenny77777770 »