• Home
  • Search
    •  
  • Login
    • Username: Password:

Did you miss your activation email?
  • Hello Guest

Author Topic: Formal Suggestion: Please allow all server players to use "Schematica"  (Read 8381 times)

jllmprrt

• eprocks swag
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Schematica is a very useful and helpful minecraft mod that does nothing to give any kind of advantage to one player over others. From the "About" section of the mod page, "With this mod you're able to display a ghost image of a schematic file inside Minecraft to rebuild a structure or export any part of your world (or a server's world) into a schematic file. You're able to export parts of your world, too!"

The full mod can be found here: http://www.minecraftforum.net/forums/mapping-and-modding/minecraft-mods/1285818-schematica

Here's a video of someone using the mod (even though it's from 2013, not much has changed with the mod since then) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2701Y64SmfY

Please leave your input on what you think of the mod, I really hope we can get this mod allowed on DKCraft because I enjoy using it and I'm bad at building so it's helpful to me!
eprocks swag eprocks swag eprocks swag eprocks swag eprocks swag eprocks swag eprocks swag eprocks swag eprocks swag eprocks swag eprocks swag eprocks swag eprocks swag eprocks swag eprocks swag eprocks swag eprocks swag eprocks swag eprocks swag eprocks swag eprocks swag eprocks swag eprocks swag

DeeKay

• Owner
  • Champion Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Formal Suggestion: Please allow all server players to use "Schematica"
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2016, 07:13:29 pm »
does nothing to give any kind of advantage to one player over others.

"With this mod you're able to display a ghost image of a schematic file inside Minecraft to rebuild a structure or export any part of your world (or a server's world) into a schematic file. You're able to export parts of your world, too!"

These two things clearly contradict each other. I'm sorry, but I fail to see how this isn't an advantage.
You saw what I said about it in-game, that still stands.

jllmprrt

• eprocks swag
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2016, 07:33:06 pm »
It doesn't give an advantage because it only helps you build it, you still need
All the materials you would use to build normally, as well as some time and effort to do the job.
eprocks swag eprocks swag eprocks swag eprocks swag eprocks swag eprocks swag eprocks swag eprocks swag eprocks swag eprocks swag eprocks swag eprocks swag eprocks swag eprocks swag eprocks swag eprocks swag eprocks swag eprocks swag eprocks swag eprocks swag eprocks swag eprocks swag eprocks swag

DeeKay

• Owner
  • Champion Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2016, 07:40:36 pm »
An advantage isn't limited to a mod that would be able to build for you. Schematica gives you a schematic, that's an advantage that players without the mod don't get.

jllmprrt

• eprocks swag
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: February 13, 2016, 07:48:23 pm »
That's like saying optifine and shaders give players an advantage because they don't have better fps or nicer graphics without the mod, yet those are allowed. your argument makes no sense

DeeKay

• Owner
  • Champion Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: February 13, 2016, 08:12:01 pm »
No, that's not the same at all. The difference is client optimisation and straight up adding features to your game. Everyones game performance is different, and OptiFine improves the quality of your performance if you have a lower end PC for example. I don't see how using something like OptiFine makes it unfair for someone who wants a few more FPS in their game. Schematica is different in the sense it introduces a brand new feature to the game which regular players don't have access too.

I'm sorry that your definition of an advantage is different to mine, but my decision is final and there's no point trying to fight that.

jllmprrt

• eprocks swag
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: February 13, 2016, 08:15:41 pm »
Did you watch the video? This was made to get other people's input or what they think of it, the mod isn't inherently wrong and I am not protesting the rules by posting this

DeeKay

• Owner
  • Champion Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: February 13, 2016, 08:26:31 pm »
You're not protesting, but you posted this under suggestions saying you hope it can get allowed on DKCraft. That warrants my input, no?

jllmprrt

• eprocks swag
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: February 13, 2016, 09:22:42 pm »
Yes exactly, I'm not trying to protest the rules but put a formal suggestion about it. If I wanted to protest then I'd come on the server and spam the link to the mod or something

Lissy421

• https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Aql_fYL7Wwc
  • Awards Donated $5 towards the server.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: February 14, 2016, 08:50:59 pm »
no

leatherneckjr

• Trusted
  • They will quake in my shadow
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: March 02, 2016, 12:41:55 am »
Locked.
http://adf.ly/hCsfh -->Check out my blog! http://adf.ly/hCtSU --> Check out my minecraft skins! Want me to make you one? Just ask!