• Home
  • Search
    •  
  • Login
    • Username: Password:

Did you miss your activation email?
  • Hello Guest

Author Topic: Protection Stones  (Read 6383 times)

DeeKay

• Owner
  • Champion Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Protection Stones
« on: June 26, 2015, 01:58:33 pm »
Hey guys,

We're happy to announce the addition of protection stones!

Before the server was wiped, we used the sponge block as a means of protecting land, but because of the official implementation of sponges into ocean monuments, using them was no longer an option.
We have now, however, added 3 types of new protection stones that come in the form of Coal, Lapis, and Emerald ore blocks.

For those of you unfamiliar with how these work, I'll give you a quick rundown. You purchase these protection stones from the shops, and you can place them like any other block. Once placed, they will protect the area from other players, unless you give them access.
Protection stones will protect the area from players breaking blocks, placing blocks, breaking entities (paintings, item frames, armor stands), harvesting crops, and killing animals.

You can allow a player to a protection field by standing in it and using: /ps allow <name>
The same can be done to remove a player by using: /ps remove <name>
Other features include visualizing the field with /ps visualize, and hiding/camouflaging the block with /ps hide and /ps unhide.
Use /ps for a full list of available commands.

The sizes/prices are as follows:
- Coal Protection: 11x11x11 - $1500
- Lapis Protection: 22x22x22 - $9000
- Emerald Protection: 41x41x41 - $45000

Head over to the far left corner of /warp shops to purchase them. Keep in mind the prices are subject to change at any time, but the sizes will never change.

Enjoy!
« Last Edit: June 27, 2015, 08:22:17 am by xDeeKay »

Tobieias

• Tobieias
  • Admin
  • Pretty sweet.
  • Awards Donated $10 towards the server. Donated $5 towards the server. Donated $20 towards the server. Donated $30 towards the server. Donated $50 towards the server. Donated $100 towards the server. Donated $150 towards the server.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Protection Stones
« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2015, 10:01:20 pm »
I'm having a little problem with adding players to the protected field. I try /ps allow playername and I will be returned with a message saying "You cannot allow others into this field." I'm pretty sure that I'm not doing anything wrong, but could someone else try this?

Thank you for at last implementing Protection Stones though! Would these be added to the donation store by any chance?
Don't go hollow.

DeeKay

• Owner
  • Champion Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2015, 08:09:11 am »
I've fixed the issue with not being able to allow players to the fields, it was something to do with the flags.
As for the donation store, we might look into adding them soon.

Tobieias

• Tobieias
  • Admin
  • Pretty sweet.
  • Awards Donated $10 towards the server. Donated $5 towards the server. Donated $20 towards the server. Donated $30 towards the server. Donated $50 towards the server. Donated $100 towards the server. Donated $150 towards the server.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: June 27, 2015, 12:06:35 pm »
Cheers for that! It would be nice to see them in the donator store again (:
Don't go hollow.

lucius100100

• brev
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: July 04, 2015, 10:04:25 am »
hi guys! I really like your idea, but i think they are a bit too expensive. On the old map they used to be way cheaper and i would like to see the current protection stones getting cheaper. As a member, active for about 2 years on the server now, I would still like to say that you guys are doing a great job! The shop could just get some improvement thats all ;)

- lucius100100
when looking at this signature, you waste 2.234 seconds of your life

DeeKay

• Owner
  • Champion Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: July 04, 2015, 11:25:59 am »
On the old map they used to be way cheaper and i would like to see the current protection stones getting cheaper.
The protection stone you speak of was the sponge protection which protected a 13x13x13 area and was around $6000 if I recall correctly, maybe even less towards the end of its use. In that respect, I think the current prices are more than fine.

Tobieias

• Tobieias
  • Admin
  • Pretty sweet.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: July 04, 2015, 11:36:15 am »
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Yeah, the prices started at 8k per sponge and after 2 years it went down to a mere 5k.
With the new stones there are also 3 different sizes, with the 11x11x11 costing 1.5k which is really cheap and covers a decent area. The other blocks may cost a large sum more; but they both cover a massive area. I'm agreeing with dk that the prices are pretty decent as they are.
Don't go hollow.

Lissy421

• https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Aql_fYL7Wwc
  • Awards Donated $5 towards the server.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: July 05, 2015, 02:44:41 am »
Just a little side note:

If you place a protection underground and break it. If it looks like it vanished and is not in your inventory, It warped to the surface. Will try to see if that can be fixed, but as of now keep that in mind. It essentially tries to drop your protection stone on the block above it, and without any air pocket to fall on, it warps to the surface.