• Home
  • Search
    •  
  • Login
    • Username: Password:

Did you miss your activation email?
  • Hello Guest

Author Topic: On the no-mods rule  (Read 5724 times)

latias1290

• "I dont care, really."
    • View Profile
    • Awards
On the no-mods rule
« on: March 11, 2015, 02:20:10 pm »
Let's say I made/found a mod that did something reeeaaally tiny such as fix a bug or something else like select which painting you want to place. Would that be allowed?

DeeKay

• Owner
  • Champion Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: On the no-mods rule
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2015, 02:54:19 pm »
Just gonna get right to your question and say no. Also if it was a mod that fixes/enhances/improves any server related thing, it won't work.

CollisionCourse

• Trusted
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2015, 09:31:11 am »
Let's say I made/found a mod that did something reeeaaally tiny such as fix a bug or something else like select which painting you want to place. Would that be allowed?

The rules are rather clear: no mods except for optifine, even then its debatable because optifine has that zoom feature.

latias1290

• "I dont care, really."
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: March 12, 2015, 07:15:48 pm »

The rules are rather clear: no mods except for optifine, even then its debatable because optifine has that zoom feature.
I don't see how zooming would be debatable as it only enlarges the pixels and does not actually move the camera.

CollisionCourse

• Trusted
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: March 13, 2015, 11:47:45 am »

I don't see how zooming would be debatable as it only enlarges the pixels and does not actually move the camera.
It gives players with it an advantage even if it's a small one.

latias1290

• "I dont care, really."
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: March 13, 2015, 03:38:46 pm »
It gives players with it an advantage even if it's a small one.
While that's true, I don't think there are many scenarios where it would make any difference, let alone noticable. You might be able to spot a creeper from a distance but it doesn't really matter, as far as I've seen it the only advantage is while making videos. Craftermovie uses the zoom feature when their camera guy is a distance away, but that's not a gameplay advantage.

DeeKay

• Owner
  • Champion Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: March 13, 2015, 10:56:37 pm »
The zoom in feature is ok, I'm fine with it. There was recently a change in the rules which also allows you to use shader mods now. As for any other mod, it's not allowed. Hope you can understand.