• Home
  • Search
    •  
  • Login
    • Username: Password:

Did you miss your activation email?
  • Hello Guest

Author Topic: Viola tips  (Read 5686 times)

Rosey2525

• Trusted
  • I'm still alive
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Viola tips
« on: March 01, 2015, 07:32:27 am »
Hello again! I'm learning the viola and I am very new and know almost nothing of music stuff. Do any of you guys have any tips? I can't afford a teacher.
Sometimes you just wanna throw a pomegranate. -The wise words of BloodBro.

DeeKay

• Owner
  • Champion Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Viola tips
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2015, 08:38:59 am »
I don't play an instrument, but with being into sound production I can say knowing general music theory helps a lot.
It doesn't have to be anything crazy like knowing how to read sheet music, just things like understanding bars, octaves, note types, etc can go a long way.

This all should come naturally when learning an instrument though, but without a physical teacher I can more or less guarantee it will be very hard to learn.
If you can't afford one, make use of free resources such as YouTube. I'm sure there's tons of videos and other sources out there for you.

Good luck!

Rosey2525

• Trusted
  • I'm still alive
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2015, 06:25:03 am »
Yeah, I've been going through a bunch of Youtube videos. I'm slowly understanding more of the notes. Thank you very much! Luck is always welcome.
Sometimes you just wanna throw a pomegranate. -The wise words of BloodBro.

swimmergirll

• Trusted
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: July 24, 2015, 02:50:10 am »
sorry this reply is a little late, but i play viola myself and it is a great instrument. i suggest getting some fingering tapes at the music store so you know where your fingers are supposed to go to play in tune. second, a shoulder rest helps... a lot especially with you hand position. and if you need any help just ask :DD im always here ! and finally enjoy playing, its so much fun and pays off when you perfect this skill.
just keep swimming