• Home
  • Search
    •  
  • Login
    • Username: Password:

Did you miss your activation email?
  • Hello Guest

Author Topic: IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT  (Read 7093 times)

Lissy421

• https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Aql_fYL7Wwc
  • Awards Donated $5 towards the server.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT
« on: November 02, 2014, 04:02:40 am »
Ok guys, this is a very important announcement and I am going to do my best in explaining everything in as much detail as possible. As you are aware we have both 1.7 and 1.8 servers running at the moment. Everything has been running smoothly until recently and id like to try to fix as much as possible before it is too late.

For the past 3 and a half years, the server(s) has been running off you guys and your donations. Donation money has never been used for anything outside of the server and has always been used to upgrade and upkeep the server. However, for the past few months we have gotten no donations at all, meaning we are slowly running low on money to keep the servers running. With this being said it is very likely we may have to close the 1.8 server. It is also very likely that If we don't start working together, 1.7 server may also have to close down. The thing is, I do not want this to happen. I also do not want you guys to feel you have to donate. If I have to, I will personally put in money for the next month or 2 to get us back on track. There are other ways you all can help out with the server aside from using your own money which leads me to the next topic

VOTING
 The Voting has been extremely low. Without votes it is very hard for people to see our server on server lists. I am going to add a few more voting sites within the next week or so. Our player base has been very low lately and I believe the lack of voting is why, this is something we all need to work on doing, this includes myself and Deekay.

Now onto what you guys want. We are open to any suggestions for both servers. What do you guys feel we should do to better the server. We will do everything in our ability to try to keep Dkcraft running, but like i said, WE ALL have to work together to keep this running. We had a good run for the past 3 and a half years and I believe we can overcome this downfall. I know many of you guys are still very loyal to the server and we appreciate that a lot! Without you guys the server wouldnt have even lasted as long as it has. We can fix this. We just need a little motivation.

As for us (meaning me and Deekay) you may be aware that you havent seen much of either of us, and I truly apologize. Both me and Deekay have been pretty busy. We will both do everything we can and will be focusing as much free time as needed to help get the server back on track. I will try be on the 1.8 server daily from here on out to help you guys in anyway I can.

As I said If you guys have ANY SUGGESTIONS on what we should change, fix, improve, then please let us know now! Your guys opinion ALWAYS matters to us. Thank you guys for taking the time to read all this, but we want you guys to be fully aware of whats going on lately.

AGAIN THANK YOU
-Lissy

CollisionCourse

• Trusted
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT
« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2014, 04:46:47 pm »
Stuff like this is why so many people were against the EULA changes, that being said I have noticed that massive servers get away with sticking with the old system I know its a risk but at the moment I see it as the only quick (though temporary) option to boost the amount of money for the server.

Lissy421

• https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Aql_fYL7Wwc
  • Awards Donated $5 towards the server.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2014, 06:04:41 pm »
Stuff like this is why so many people were against the EULA changes, that being said I have noticed that massive servers get away with sticking with the old system I know its a risk but at the moment I see it as the only quick (though temporary) option to boost the amount of money for the server.

Yeah we were planning on adding everything back to the shop and probably a lot more. Have any suggestions on what should be added to the store?

CollisionCourse

• Trusted
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: November 02, 2014, 09:47:41 pm »

Yeah we were planning on adding everything back to the shop and probably a lot more. Have any suggestions on what should be added to the store?
Other than some 1.8 items, "Kits" nothing too op but simple boosts to what a player has, something like: person buys kit that lasts X amount of time, could have some building materials, sponges etc depending on which kit is bought, the amount of time the kit is owned can be extended for a discounted price.

leatherneckjr

• Trusted
  • They will quake in my shadow
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: November 04, 2014, 12:08:16 am »
As far as store stuff goes, I was thinking about the various cosmetic things people can put in stores like particle effects and pets. Server wide perks are also something to look at. ex: server has a monthly goal of 200 usd, at 50 usd everyone on the server gets reduced hunger rate, at 100 usd everyone gets a 30 levels of xp, at 150 everyone gets a handful of random items like potions/fireworks, and at 200 maybe a special area on the map can be activated where people can go to fight the wither for a day or two. Other perks could also be given out based on how quickly the goal for the server is met. Those are just rough ideas.

http://dev.bukkit.org/bukkit-plugins/particlemenu/ for potential particle related stuff, even has the ability to sell seperate particle effects

http://dev.bukkit.org/bukkit-plugins/dpets/  potential plugin for pets

I'm sure you've looked at these plugins before, but I figured I'd link them for convenience.

http://adf.ly/hCsfh -->Check out my blog! http://adf.ly/hCtSU --> Check out my minecraft skins! Want me to make you one? Just ask!

S_HeffLey

• Trusted
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: November 04, 2014, 12:41:45 am »
I think the only reason player count is low for 1.7 server is because everyone plays 1.8. And though there is a beta 1.8 server I never really find myself wanting to play it. Not much can really be done in the way to fix that, It's just how it will be until the current 1.7 server updates to 1.8. (Not sure if this helped anything.)
I wanted to put something here, but I had no idea what to put.

2019 update: I hate this

Blood

• (:RaNdOmNeSs:)
  • Awards Donated $5 towards the server. Donated $10 towards the server.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: November 04, 2014, 01:28:01 am »
I haven't really been on the 1.8 server since I never see anybody really on and that's also the reason I havent really been voting much either. I'm sorry I haven't done much for the server but I'll try to vote as much as possible now.

DeeKay

• Owner
  • Champion Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: November 04, 2014, 04:55:50 am »
Server wide perks are also something to look at. ex: server has a monthly goal of 200 usd, at 50 usd everyone on the server gets reduced hunger rate, at 100 usd everyone gets a 30 levels of xp, at 150 everyone gets a handful of random items like potions/fireworks, and at 200 maybe a special area on the map can be activated where people can go to fight the wither for a day or two. Other perks could also be given out based on how quickly the goal for the server is met. Those are just rough ideas.
Yeah, this was something I really wanted to do and still plan on doing. I'll probably take a look at this soon, and based on our player count at the moment, the goal will be pretty low.

Ian2713

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: November 27, 2014, 01:54:33 pm »
I wish I could donate and help the server but there's more things I need to spend my money on.
Sorry about that but if I take care of the things I need to maybe I could donate at some point.
You have a sad life if you don't play DK

DeeKay

• Owner
  • Champion Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: November 27, 2014, 02:35:27 pm »
I wish I could donate and help the server but there's more things I need to spend my money on.
Sorry about that but if I take care of the things I need to maybe I could donate at some point.
No worries Ian, I appreciate the thought. No matter what I will be taking any necessary action to keep the server running.