• Home
  • Search
    •  
  • Login
    • Username: Password:

Did you miss your activation email?
  • Hello Guest

Author Topic: Nether Fortress and nametags  (Read 6569 times)

Echo_Matty

• Trusted
  • Could be Batman
  • Awards Donated $5 towards the server. Donated $10 towards the server. Donated $20 towards the server. Donated $30 towards the server. Donated $50 towards the server. Donated $100 towards the server.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Nether Fortress and nametags
« on: July 07, 2013, 03:40:32 pm »
Over thre last couple of days me and 2 other members of the server have been searching the nether high and low in every corner of the map looking for newly generated chunks looking for nametags. We found roughly 15 or so different fortresses and not a single nametag , the nether has a map boundry and i believe like the main world it has been fully loaded. what we did find was....... different. We found 61 Water source blocks. spawned from an OP i assume. we have them for safe keeping. take them if you need. But not a single nametag . and i find it very stupid that in a new map on single player you find name tags with in an hour. Takes the nice aspect of adding a name to mobs out of the game. Hashtag sadface.

DeeKay

• Owner
  • Champion Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Nether Fortress and nametags
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2013, 03:53:50 pm »
It is rather annoying for servers like ours with fully rendered maps, but that's just how things work on Minecraft..
In my opinion nametags should be craftable, but oh well.

Echo_Matty

• Trusted
  • Could be Batman
  • Awards Donated $5 towards the server. Donated $10 towards the server. Donated $20 towards the server. Donated $30 towards the server. Donated $50 towards the server. Donated $100 towards the server.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2013, 05:17:31 pm »
I 100% fully agree. Any plan to reset the map or extend ?

DeeKay

• Owner
  • Champion Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: July 08, 2013, 12:07:17 am »
I 100% fully agree. Any plan to reset the map or extend ?
Because of how old the map is, there have already been several extensions in it's lifetime, and the map size is currently 10000x10000. Unless I get some sort of storage upgrade for the server, I don't have any plans of extending the border.

ToastedSyrup

• In all honesty, I hate syrup......
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: July 12, 2013, 04:29:49 am »
Could there possibly be a plugin for crafting or obtaining? It would be nice if there was a 3% chance that any mob killed could drop one, though this would make farming them possible....
Jelly bean steaks and pistachio juice only live in your imagination.....

Can't click this !

DeeKay

• Owner
  • Champion Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: July 12, 2013, 04:57:07 am »
Could there possibly be a plugin for crafting or obtaining? It would be nice if there was a 3% chance that any mob killed could drop one, though this would make farming them possible....
That's completely possible, yes. But I also don't have plans on providing new ways to obtain them.

ToastedSyrup

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: July 12, 2013, 05:06:05 am »
That's completely possible, yes. But I also don't have plans on providing new ways to obtain them.
What if you were to make a rewards program with events? Like "Win this event, get 10 nametags?" That would be player friendly, and keep them just as rare as single player. Sorta

Can't click this !

DeeKay

• Owner
  • Champion Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: July 12, 2013, 09:29:53 am »
What if you were to make a rewards program with events? Like "Win this event, get 10 nametags?" That would be player friendly, and keep them just as rare as single player. Sorta
We won't be giving away any nametage.

zanster9999

• DKCRAFT | Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: July 12, 2013, 11:15:18 pm »
I agree, I think Minecraft workers should look into making nametags less rare and craftable, also, the map is getting a bit worn out with random stuff being built everywhere, I think should you keep peoples inventories and reset the map (if that is possible).
ツ Zanster9999  シ
ツ Member of DKCRAFT  シ

ToastedSyrup

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: July 12, 2013, 11:27:26 pm »
I agree, I think Minecraft workers should look into making nametags less rare and craftable, also, the map is getting a bit worn out with random stuff being built everywhere, I think should you keep peoples inventories and reset the map (if that is possible).

Now I would lose my everything if that happened.... My head.... My lifeforce... All my stuff that I have more than sixty-four of..... and my creations... unless there was a way to preserve stuff and move it from map to map.... But that would be near impossible! & it would work all the staff half to death to sort the creations, and someone who had been offline for a while because of internet problems, or computer issues would lose EVERYTHING

Can't click this !