• Home
  • Search
    •  
  • Login
    • Username: Password:

Did you miss your activation email?
  • Hello Guest

Author Topic: Mob Spawn Rate  (Read 3791 times)

The_ChamPeon

• I'm Back! Keep an eye out for me!
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Mob Spawn Rate
« on: March 25, 2013, 10:57:54 pm »
Hi people.

I would like to talk about the mob spawn rate of the server.
The mob spawn rate is lower than an adverage minecraft world, making finding wild cows, chickens, pigs, ocelots and wolfs a difficult task. I understand there are spawn eggs in the shop for cows and pigs and one can easly get chicken eggs from others, but finding the two tamable mobs (ocelots especialy) a difficult task. I am asking Deekay to ether increase the spawn rate of passive, neutral and agressive mobs in the overworld so that finding tamable ones are a bit more easy and hunting trips yield more, or to put the spawn eggs of wolfs and ocelots into the donation store, so one can simply spawn a wolf or ocelot and tame it. Thank you for taking the time to read this, especialy you Dee. :)
I'm going to camp for four weeks. I won't be back until some time in August.

S_HeffLey

• Trusted
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Mob Spawn Rate
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2013, 11:03:08 pm »
Once mobs are killed, they don't respawn. Since there is a border on the server, a lot of the mobs have been killed and wont respawn.
I wanted to put something here, but I had no idea what to put.

2019 update: I hate this

DeeKay

• Owner
  • Champion Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2013, 12:05:23 am »
Once mobs are killed, they don't respawn. Since there is a border on the server, a lot of the mobs have been killed and wont respawn.
I don't know where you got that from, but that's not true.

The problem lies with all the math that's used for mob spawning. Since this is multiplayer, there is going to be more than one player in a world.
I'm not 100% how it all works, since there's a lot to it, but basically there's an algorithm that's used to determine how many mobs should spawn based on the player count.

So obviously the more players there are on the server, the less the mobs are going to spawn, because of this algorithm.
I don't really have much control over the spawn rate, as it's simply a Minecraft thing.

S_HeffLey

• Trusted
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: March 26, 2013, 01:38:55 am »
Oh nevermind I was thinking something else.
I wanted to put something here, but I had no idea what to put.

2019 update: I hate this

The_ChamPeon

• I'm Back! Keep an eye out for me!
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: March 26, 2013, 07:29:44 pm »
ok, thanks for letting me know about that, now i know what to do on spring break...
I'm going to camp for four weeks. I won't be back until some time in August.