• Home
  • Search
    •  
  • Login
    • Username: Password:

Did you miss your activation email?
  • Hello Guest

Author Topic: Banned for Mild trolling?  (Read 14130 times)

Lissy421

• https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Aql_fYL7Wwc
  • Awards Donated $5 towards the server.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Banned for Mild trolling?
« Reply #15 on: January 31, 2013, 01:12:47 am »
im not the one you brought up the past buddy. you said people have (past tense) done worse to me

Xentrality

« Reply #16 on: January 31, 2013, 01:22:54 am »
I SAID worse things done than kidding around (The topic ban) with a player not my past as previously stated above if you look closely and understand the context because this post isn't about my past.  I am just waiting for Xentrality's response now.  Now, I know I have a bad reputation but I don't want this post to be biased.  When Dk let me back in I wished people wouldn't keep bringing that up.

Sadly, that's how things like this work. We consider at all past offenses, small and large whilst we ban. Otherwise, it wouldn't be fair to people who've been banned for more misdeeds for the same time as someone who committed only one. As for bias, we disregard who actually provides the trouble, rather we look at the trouble caused itself. As staff, it's only our job that we look out for the server and protect it so it's a safe environment to all. This includes removing those who threaten the well-being of the members/server. As for the players, we ask that it is their job to provide a cooperative and friendly experience to all on the server.

eprocks60542

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #17 on: January 31, 2013, 01:40:52 am »
Honestly, kidding around here and there shouldn't be disrupting the environment as it is so mild.  I think 6D could have handled this and if he said something I would have left him alone (simple).  I even left when Lissy got mad.  I think your taking this all a bit too seriously considering everyone does little stuff like this every once in a while.  You can put this in once big picture but this is a ban appeal for the reason of me being banned for kidding with 6D not all this gibberish about corrupting the environment.  Now if it was a good reason like I was making fun of 6D or swearing at him in caps I wouldn't be here. 
« Last Edit: January 31, 2013, 01:46:42 am by eprocks60542 »

Xentrality

« Reply #18 on: January 31, 2013, 01:52:35 am »
Honestly, kidding around here and there shouldn't be disrupting the environment as it is so mild.  I think 6D could have handled this and if he said something I would have left him alone (simple).  I even left when Lissy got mad.  I think your taking this all a bit too seriously considering everyone does little stuff like this every once in a while.  You can put this in once big picture but this is a ban appeal for the reason of me being banned for kidding with 6D not all this gibberish about corrupting the environment.  Now if it was a good reason like I was making fun of 6D or swearing at him in caps I wouldn't be here.

Please re-read the highlighted text

Sadly, that's how things like this work. We consider at all past offenses, small and large whilst we ban. Otherwise, it wouldn't be fair to people who've been banned for more misdeeds for the same time as someone who committed only one. As for bias, we disregard who actually provides the trouble, rather we look at the trouble caused itself. As staff, it's only our job that we look out for the server and protect it so it's a safe environment to all. This includes removing those who threaten the well-being of the members/server. As for the players, we ask that it is their job to provide a cooperative and friendly experience to all on the server.

eprocks60542

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #19 on: January 31, 2013, 01:54:58 am »
Did I threaten the players environment.  Lol, these are threatening at all and just this day I heard someone say in the chat "xray is awesome" and the mods didn't take action.  That just shows that Lissy has a grudge on me and is overreacting.  The past offenses have already been dealt with so I disagree.
« Last Edit: January 31, 2013, 01:56:40 am by eprocks60542 »

impishmonkey

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #20 on: January 31, 2013, 01:55:40 am »
Adding on to what Xentrality said:

I think the length of this ban is the result of your "previous behavior".

Had the "past" not happen, your ban would have been 1-3 days, but considering the past... which we have to take into account lest we not take our jobs as seriously, your ban is as long as it is.

At this point it's not so much about "letting go of the past" or a matter of being "fair or unfair". It's more like the straw that broke the camel's back. You were given more chances then you deserved and you blew it. You knew full well people didn't appreciate your "trolling" (considering your past) and yet you continued doing it.

Hope that clears up any confusion you might still have. :)

EDIT- Considering you are not a staff member, there isn't a clear way to know on your end whether a mod/op took action against the player talking about xray. So no, that would not "prove" that Lissy just has a grudge on you.
« Last Edit: January 31, 2013, 02:01:14 am by impishmonkey »

eprocks60542

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #21 on: January 31, 2013, 02:01:05 am »
It didn't clear anything up because the only time 6D told me to go away was once because I was afk there and I left (This was a long time ago).  Honestly I wasn't even trolling him, I was joking around with him and was going to say hello.  The only reason the post has trolling in it is because that's how Lissy labeled it (incorrectly) (misunderstanding).  Therefore, this act was so minor that it shouldn't have broken the camal's back at all.  It was worth a kick at the most and not even that in my opinion.  If someone wants someone to go away they say it.  If they say it and I don't go away then we have a problem.  He didn't say anything to me therefore I did not know he wanted me gone and I even left when Lissy said something.  This was me listening to the op and leaving even though 6D didn't say for me to leave.  As I said earlier, I didn't know he wanted me gone.  I'm talking common logic here about how this situation was handled please don't spam a bunch of threads to the rules.
« Last Edit: January 31, 2013, 02:07:44 am by eprocks60542 »

impishmonkey

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #22 on: January 31, 2013, 02:27:43 am »
Alright, I spoke with 6D and he told me that he did indeed tell you not to do that, in chat and in a pm. He said you would tp to him and stalk him/ visit his secret projects, all without permission.

As well as that, Lissy is not the only staff member 6D told that you were harassing him. He has told me as well, and probably a few other staff members, feeling as though he could not get you to stop.

We are also talking common sense here. The rules were posted to point out what rules you've broken. Links to the rules had only been posted once by Xentrality as far as I saw, please quote the other times if I missed them.

eprocks60542

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #23 on: January 31, 2013, 02:41:04 am »
6D never said a word today to me AT ALL and if he was really telling you that I was harassing him or whatever (I had no idea I was "harassing" him) then why didn't you tell me this before today?  Also he told me to go away on one day and the other ones he would play around and makes signs to me and etc. laughing.  I am literally clueless to why he would think any of this.  Also, he had a monster gen and I would pay him to use it in his old base so I was there sometimes with permission.  This isn't adding up...
« Last Edit: January 31, 2013, 02:44:22 am by eprocks60542 »

DZHWKZ

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #24 on: January 31, 2013, 02:47:08 am »
xen or imp or lissy could i tlk to u on the server plz?

eprocks60542

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #25 on: January 31, 2013, 02:48:09 am »
xen or imp or lissy could i tlk to u on the server plz?

SORRY 6D I DIDN'T KNOW YOU WANTED ME GONE.  Is this even 6D?. lol.
« Last Edit: January 31, 2013, 02:51:41 am by eprocks60542 »

eprocks60542

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #26 on: January 31, 2013, 02:55:42 am »
What i'm saying is if he was trying to say that he wanted me gone then he didn't do a good job because last time I saw him I was using his gen at his house and he was fine.  He did not clearly say he wanted me gone and that'ts not my fault we had a miscommunication.
« Last Edit: January 31, 2013, 02:58:36 am by eprocks60542 »

DZHWKZ

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #27 on: January 31, 2013, 03:05:28 am »
we may have had  misscomunication when you visited at todays ohome but before that incident at my old ohome i had asked you many many times to leave (this was when i was building the mine) and i caught your nameplate exploring the spawner before i had allowed anyone near it even tho i said it publically that noone was allowed near it, me and you arent truly friends we had a bad start which never sorted out and u constantly showing up at my doorstep acting like we were and exploring all of my stuff kinda gives a bad vibe to someone and its common sense, no excuse for miscommunication there.  i had asked in the past for you to leave even when you werent doing anything , i dont see how we had any sort of miscommunication on that point.

DZHWKZ

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #28 on: January 31, 2013, 03:07:10 am »
you would have been banned either way for this, however i dont control legnth, server rules guide those and it wasnt lissys choice to make it permanent, it was your third offense which does mean permanent.

DZHWKZ

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #29 on: January 31, 2013, 03:18:03 am »
also, i would like to point out that i was cool with you using the spawner that time because it was finished, and you had paid to use it but before that when you went in i wasnt as cool with it