• Home
  • Search
    •  
  • Login
    • Username: Password:

Did you miss your activation email?
  • Hello Guest

Author Topic: Build Competition - Free Build  (Read 6864 times)

Tobieias

• Tobieias
  • Admin
  • Pretty sweet.
  • Awards Donated $10 towards the server. Donated $5 towards the server. Donated $20 towards the server. Donated $30 towards the server. Donated $50 towards the server. Donated $100 towards the server. Donated $150 towards the server.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Build Competition - Free Build
« on: July 23, 2017, 10:32:34 am »
Hello! We will be hosting a new building competition during the summer, it's been a while!

What's the theme?
The theme for this build competition is FREEBUILD! We are looking for creative and fun ideas this time around, all on a topic of your choice as it's Free Build! Show us your creativity!!

How do I enter/submit my creation?
There is no sign up for this event. If you wish to enter, simply start building!
Once you've completed your creation and wish to submit it, reply to this thread with the x y z coordinates on where it's located. (please no /homes)

Can I use a resource pack?
We want everyone to have the same look/advantage when entering, therefore all submissions will be judged using the default resource pack.

When does the event end?
The event will last 4 weeks from today. July 23rd 2017 - August 20th 2017
After this, no more submissions will be accepted and we will move onto the judging stage.

Rules
Nothing too major:
1. Building with other players is allowed, however, the prize will be split between the group.
2. As player Moderators can use /fly, their builds will be judged more harshly depending on what style of build they choose to do.
3. Have fun!!
4. Previous builds of yours may not be used, the build you are entering into the competition must be created after the 22nd of July 2017. (we can check)

Prizes
There will be 3 winners in the form of first, second, and third place.
First place will receive $30 to spend in the donation store.
Second place will receive $20 to spend in the donation store.
Third place will receive $10 to spend in the donation store.

Judging
Judging will be based on Creativity, Visuals and Difficulty.
Your designated Judges are xDeeKay, Lissy421 and Tobieias.

Any questions? Feel free to ask them below. Good luck!
Don't go hollow.

Adstrum_

• Trusted
  • It's not personal text if you read it ;)
  • Awards Donated $100 towards the server.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Build Competition - Free Build
« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2017, 11:28:48 am »
Question, can you use a space you've been clearing out since before the start of the competition but haven't built anything on?

Tobieias

• Tobieias
  • Admin
  • Pretty sweet.
  • Awards Donated $10 towards the server. Donated $5 towards the server. Donated $20 towards the server. Donated $30 towards the server. Donated $50 towards the server. Donated $100 towards the server. Donated $150 towards the server.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2017, 01:23:54 pm »
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Assuming the area hasn't been built on yet, this is allowed.
Don't go hollow.

Griffore

• Trusted
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: August 21, 2017, 10:10:16 pm »
I forgot about my build for like a week... So I didn't really get a chance to do much today. Oh well... :P

Here are the cords:
X: 4158.500 Y: 78 Z: 2199.500

Or '/ohome p' for those who cannot tp to certain cords :)

Good luck to anyone who enters! ^-^
~Griff

Tobieias

• Tobieias
  • Admin
  • Pretty sweet.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: August 23, 2017, 05:13:30 pm »
Firstly I would like to thank the two people who entered their builds in for the competition and for anybody who created anything but didn't quite finish.
And as you just read, we only had two people submit in their builds for judging and because of this the Admin team feel as though having a default 1st and 2nd place isn't much of a competition, so it's been decided that we will have only a first place this time round due to the underwhelming turn out.

The first place will therefore be given to Linebeckland83 and SparkyWinx! Thank you for putting in the effort in, it really showed in your final product.

And thank you to anybody else who made anything for this summers build comp!

My apologies for the circumstances that we only have one winning entry, if there is anything that could have been done better by me in hosting this event, please PM me or post a suggestion in this thread below.
Thank you and congratulations to the winner(s)! I will be sending a PM to each of you with your prize.

(https://thumb.gyazo.com/thumb/1200/_5ad751aa5174145a4c153692eb61a688-png.jpg) <-- Link to an image of the winning entry.
Don't go hollow.