• Home
  • Search
    •  
  • Login
    • Username: Password:

Did you miss your activation email?
  • Hello Guest

Author Topic: Ban Appeal for Discord IP Ban?  (Read 7035 times)

AnnaRooks

• :c
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Ban Appeal for Discord IP Ban?
« on: November 06, 2016, 05:26:41 am »
- Did you break any of the rules? No
- Did you grief another players work? No
- Did you swear excessively? No
- Did you upset an operator/ moderator or cause general disrespect to other members/ players on the server? No
- Did you draw hateful symbols or say hateful remarks? No

Really not sure how to handle this, since its p hard to get ahold of anyone w/o Discord now, plus not even sure if Discord IP ban goes here?
But someone on my IP was banned, so I couldnt join back when I tried tonight, so now idk what to do
I think it's broken.

DeeKay

• Owner
  • Champion Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Ban Appeal for Discord IP Ban?
« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2016, 06:32:24 am »
Hello Anna,

Upon investigation, we have reason to believe you were posting content that violates the DKCraft Rules and Guidelines (DKCraft Website & Discord Rule #4) under the alternative Discord profile "CBKreme".
Due to the design of Discord bans, all Discord profiles under the banned IP will also cease access to the Discord server.

If you would like a break down of how we came to this conclusion, I'd be glad to explain it to you.

Cheers.

AnnaRooks

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2016, 08:29:48 am »
I understand how discord bans work, and I would like to hear how you came to the conclusion.

If it's worth anything, I'm trying to connect on my uni's network.
« Last Edit: November 06, 2016, 08:43:19 am by AnnaRooks »
I think it's broken.

DeeKay

• Owner
  • Champion Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: November 08, 2016, 04:15:26 pm »
So originally I had investigated the name "CBKreme" and found you follow this person on Twitter.
This person claims to be a "semi-competitive" Super Smash Bros. 4 player, leading me to believe you could have used an alternative Discord profile with this name as an impersonation.
Keep in mind this assumption was only made after the ban of "CBKreme", not before.

I looked into this further and found that the banned Discord profile "CBKreme" matches that of another "CBKreme" I found on a popular Super Smash Bros. 4 Discord server.

I still however find it very suspicious you share an IP with this person and also have a direct link to them via Twitter.
« Last Edit: November 08, 2016, 04:25:35 pm by DeeKay »

AnnaRooks

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: November 09, 2016, 12:36:15 am »
Yea I guess it is suspicious that we have the same IP and follow each other isnt it.
Just a bit confused why the smash 4 player part made you think it was me of all things, Im not a huge fan of playing smash, esp not competitively.
I think it's broken.

DeeKay

• Owner
  • Champion Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: November 11, 2016, 07:07:24 am »
You're right, that was bad wording on my part. The only factors that lead me to believe it could be you was the link you have on Twitter and the matching IP, not the Super Smash Bros. 4 part.

As for the IP ban itself, there's not much I can do unless CBKreme is unbanned.

AnnaRooks

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: November 11, 2016, 10:53:02 pm »
I guess I'll just wait the IP ban out, assuming that the name ban will stick around.
I think it's broken.