• Home
  • Search
    •  
  • Login
    • Username: Password:

Did you miss your activation email?
  • Hello Guest

Author Topic: Ban help? :<  (Read 2911 times)

SomeoneSneaky

• View Profile
    • Awards
Ban help? :<
« on: April 01, 2014, 01:45:51 am »
Okay, an annoying chain of unpleasant events.

Went exploring to find a place to build.

In the middle of nowhere, I see mention that in order to be promoted above 'guest', one has to register for the forums, so I switch windows to go do that, while standing in an area I thought was safe. I wasn't safe -- creeper blew my face off, and I don't remember where I was, so everything was lost. No tools, food, nothing.

So I finish registering, and go back to exploring, using sand towers to build up and knock down trunkless trees, gathering wood and saplings. I'm in the jungle, so there is very little grass, and there are so few animals that I don't want to kill any and have them go extinct, so I start slowly starving.

At this point, I'm half-dead, almost out of hunger, nothing to eat, still no tools because I hadn't even gone underground to get stone, so when I found a farm, I started to harvest a bit of the wheat to make some bread, replanting as I went with the seeds that popped up.

I know the farm belonged to someone else, but I was close to death and had very little choice, and was replanting the wheat instead of leaving an empty plot :<

Lissy421

• https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Aql_fYL7Wwc
  • Awards Donated $5 towards the server.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Ban help? :<
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2014, 04:15:13 am »
You were banned by a HoneyPot. Honeypots are basically griefer traps. Dummy/fake homes are places around the map to catch griefers and auto ban them for 7 days.
However. Iv reduced this ban to 1day. Consider this a lesson. Just ask someone next time, im sure someone could have given you food.

On a side note, we have a /back command that teleports you back to your last location. If you die and type /back you would have gotten your stuff back. You also cannot die of hunger.
« Last Edit: April 01, 2014, 04:23:42 am by Lissy421 »

SomeoneSneaky

• View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Ban help? :<
« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2014, 05:09:23 am »
Between misadventures with mobs and misjudged jumps, I was mostly dead, and couldn't heal since I was starving :< And I'd asked for help finding food, but got no response. Wasn't aware /back would take you back to the death point, though -- the other servers I'd played on, it didn't work for deaths, so I didn't think to even try it. Thank you for shortening the ban, though -- I do appreciate it!