• Home
  • Search
    •  
  • Login
    • Username: Password:

Did you miss your activation email?
  • Hello Guest

Author Topic: Silver Birch City Gazette- Editions 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 and 7  (Read 9022 times)

AnonymousAfro

• CANADA
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Silver Birch City Gazette- Editions 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 and 7
« on: December 08, 2013, 06:55:57 pm »
Mob Invasion
Saturday, December 7th, 2013
By Afro_Rick

A large mob invasion was recorded on video by the Silver Birch City Security cameras.
"Nothing has ever happened like this before. Never. Because of this, we ask all residents to be home before dark." Says a Silver Birch City Official.

Security Camera No. 5
Mobs entered the city using these gaps:

Security Camera No. 7
Because of this, we will ensure that all gaps will be mended.
A few minutes later, Security arrived and cleared out the hostile mobs in the area. There is a "No Mobs Policy" for the city as seen in Camera 3 here:

"I was walking down the street towards the park when I heard a growl and I turned[around to see], a Zombie! I called[City officials] and quickly hurried away." Said a citizen near the "crime" scene when asked. "It was a true terror." Because of this "terror", a curfew has been added as stated above(No citizen should be out after dark). Please follow the rules and be safe.
 "This has been the largest amount of mobs I've ever seen together," says a city official. "Is R
this because of 1.7?"

Just a reminder to any citizens of the City, please contact Afro_Rick via /mail send to notify him. New security measures will be taken up because of this. Please also keep a sword and/or bow in your hotbar for extra protection. Also, Officer G. Olem has been recruited as an officer.

Photos Tip: Click on the photos to zoom in.
Photo Copyright SB City Security

Resident Falls to Death
Sunday, December 8th, 2013
By Afro_Rick

This morning, all was going well until the screams of a resident was heard. At about 1:30SBST(Silver Birch Standard Time), an innocent resident was walking from the City Spawn as seen here in camera 1:

"Astounded. No one knows how the hole got there, but we do know one thing- After yesterday's mob invasion, Notch must be after us." Said a City Official when walking away. In fact, 3 minutes ago, it was just revealed that the "resident" killed was a City Official. The dead body is still unidentified, but right now the city's closest guess is none other than Carrot_Gal14, a top donor and Vice Mayor of Silver Birch City.

Security Camera No. 1
 As seen here, a lovely young lady is falling into a hole covered by snow. She was almost instantly killed when she hit the ground after a 37 block drop. "We need security officers!" Cried one city official after hearing about the news. "You young fellows out there! Recruit now via /mail send Afro_Rick or post on the Silver Birch City Page!"
 No doubt, Silver Birch City must have been cursed in some way.
Photos Copyright Silver Birch Security

Recruit as a security officer now! Visit Silver Birch City's page on forums under "Projects and Creations".
_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Season's Greetings from the Silver Birch City Government!

EXTRA:
Yesterday's paper was talking about a mob invasion. Afro_Rick has the story further here.

A Security guard was patrolling the streets last night, when he was brutally killed by mobs. He bowed 2 zombies and a spider but didn't notice the skeleton creeping up form behind. He was shot. This is what we managed to find in one of his %apdpdata%/.minecraft/Screenshots/ Folder when we got to the crime scene:

"Are We under attack? I don't know," says a city official. "Just stay safe, we'll sort it out. Follow the curfew."
_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Resident's Death: Confirmed
December 9th, 2013
By Afro_Rick

In our previous edition, a resident was caught on tape falling to her death. We have more here.
 "We have confirmed that yes, it was Carrot_Gal14, AKA Vice-Mayor of Silver Birch City. But what we didn't know, was that she had only lost 1 pixel in the fall, and medical researchers carefully replaced that small cube from pixel donors.

Vice-Mayor Carrot_Gal14 Posing for a picture
 "This was relief and everyone in the SB City Government is very happy that she's had a full recovery," says Mayor Afro_Rick. "We have fenced off the crime scene, which we ask no one to try and go into."
 "There are a few suspects, but right now our closest guess is Herobrine," says Officer G. Olem with the Silver Birch Security. "Please keep your eyes peeled and your ears open."

New Updates in the City
+S.B. Mail, mail system. Under construction. What it is, is that in the very near future, there will be a room with chests. Mailmen will take the things out of each resident's own private chest and place it in their mailbox which is situated in front of their plot/house.
+Mob Market VERY EXCITING GALLERY! This will be open to the public soon. What it is, it is like a gallery of a fake market with stands owned by mobs... I'll keep you in suspense and I'll keep it as a surprise for now  8)
__________________________________________________________________________________________________________

City Update
December 11th, 2013
By Afro_Rick
 Hey guys! Recently, the Silver Birch City Council held a meeting and have made a few changes. First of all, the city is relocating and will be relocated in the 1.7 world once it comes out- hopefully. And secondly- A small thing- "All residents who have been inactive for 2+weeks will be kicked from the town(Stripped of their rank in the city).
 The reason of the relocation: Our Vice Mayor has said that she would be spending more time in the new world, and honestly, the Mayor isn't too good at making decisions on his own... But that's another story. Once again, Silver Birch City is officialy being relocated!
 Unfortunately, due to this change, this means all builds in the City will have to be demolished/abandoned... Or they can be left there.
Thanks for your co-operation!
__________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Change in name?
December 12th, 2013
By Afro_Rick

Earlier today, Mayor Afro_Rick stated: "We are thinking about changing the name of our city to OakVille and completely abandoning the name 'Silver Birch City'".
 Do you agree? Vote on our city page!

UPDATE: The idea was turned down after a City Council Meeting. Poll topic:
Should the city kick inactive players?

This is just a small thing. We here at The Silver Birch City Gazette would like to wish you a happy holiday and a merry Christmas!  Stay safe!

[size=20pt2 Kind Souls[/size]
December 18th, 2013
By Carrot_Gal14

During the reconstruction of Silver Birch City, two kind souls, andyisawsome1 and sambanks57. Have chipped in and helped tidy up reconstruct Silver Birch City. Thanks to their help, Silver Birch City is continuing to grow and prosper. Silver Birch City is currently constructing homes and feeding the homeless to help the community. Posing for a picture here, with the Mayor and Vice Mayor Afro_rick and Carrot_Gal14, is andyisawsome1. He has recently donated $20,000 to the community of Silver Birch City. Not only that, he is donating his community service to Silver Birch City. Expect another helpful face around Silver Birch City.

From left: Mayor Afro_Rick, andyisawesome1 and VM Carrot_Gal14 posing for a picture.
sambanks57 was unfortunately unable to attend the photoshoot. Thankyou, sam, anyway!

sambanks57 working on some paths
« Last Edit: December 29, 2013, 04:46:29 am by Afro_ »
"An arrow can only be shot by pulling it backward. When life is dragging you back with difficulties it means it's going to launch you into something great. So just focus and keep aiming"
Spoiler (Click to show/hide

impishmonkey

• View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Silver Birch City Sunday Paper- Resident Falls to Death
« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2013, 08:07:53 pm »
Can you please do me a solid and keep all your towns news articles in one topic?

Maybe you could create a blog somewhere else and link it into one topic, giving updates occasionally with the link.

These are highly amusing and interesting but will be viewed as spam if it more topics are created of the same thing.

Thanks
« Last Edit: December 08, 2013, 08:13:35 pm by impishmonkey »

AnonymousAfro

• CANADA
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Silver Birch City Gazette- Official
« Reply #2 on: December 08, 2013, 08:42:41 pm »
Can you please do me a solid and keep all your towns news articles in one topic?

Maybe you could create a blog somewhere else and link it into one topic, giving updates occasionally with the link.

These are highly amusing and interesting but will be viewed as spam if it more topics are created of the same thing.

Thanks

Could you delete the other topic? Thanks p, and sorry for the inconvenience.
"An arrow can only be shot by pulling it backward. When life is dragging you back with difficulties it means it's going to launch you into something great. So just focus and keep aiming"

Lissy421

• https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Aql_fYL7Wwc
  • Awards Donated $5 towards the server.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Silver Birch City Gazette- Editions 1 and 2
« Reply #3 on: December 08, 2013, 09:19:44 pm »
You can delete your own topics.

impishmonkey

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: December 09, 2013, 03:39:32 pm »
Thanks for understanding :)

AnonymousAfro

• CANADA
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: December 09, 2013, 10:41:28 pm »
You can delete your own topics.
Not if it's the first post in a thread that people have posted in....
Thanks for understanding :)
No problem :)

Piperwarrior

« Reply #6 on: December 09, 2013, 11:07:17 pm »
 I like it :) good  job!

AnonymousAfro

• CANADA
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: December 10, 2013, 12:51:17 am »
I like it :) good  job!

AnonymousAfro

• CANADA
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Silver Birch City Gazette- Editions 1, 2, 3 and 4
« Reply #8 on: December 11, 2013, 10:37:31 pm »
Big Update! Read it here! Right now!

AnonymousAfro

• CANADA
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Silver Birch City Gazette- Editions 1, 2, 3, 4 and 5
« Reply #9 on: December 20, 2013, 07:29:00 pm »
Hey guys. I was just wondering, is anyone looking for a paying job? I could have people PM me "news" articles and I'd edit them in.

AnonymousAfro

• CANADA
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Silver Birch City Gazette- Editions 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 and 7
« Reply #10 on: December 29, 2013, 04:46:45 am »
Edition 7 added. Thanks carrot for that!