• Home
  • Search
    •  
  • Login
    • Username: Password:

Did you miss your activation email?
  • Hello Guest

Author Topic: Manuel server crashes?  (Read 4960 times)

ToastedSyrup

• In all honesty, I hate syrup......
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Manuel server crashes?
« on: July 15, 2013, 06:23:31 am »
I was reading some chat things (After the server crashed a couple times) and I found something strange, it seems UltimateNJ has been using a hack to crash the server... here's what I have on it. 
Jelly bean steaks and pistachio juice only live in your imagination.....

Can't click this !

ToastedSyrup

• View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Manuel server crashes?
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2013, 06:25:20 am »
Note the middle picture I switched accidently, and now I can't find it. But it was basically me asking My_Dinner how he was doing that.

Can't click this !

DeeKay

• Owner
  • Champion Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: July 15, 2013, 07:25:02 am »
I will be looking into this, cheers.

ToastedSyrup

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: July 15, 2013, 07:37:51 am »
Thanks. The server has also been going slowly. (still) and it dropping out is happening commonly. Someone said it might be DDos. Still not entirely sure what that is, but it sounds bad.

Can't click this !

jt03140

• Trusted
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: July 15, 2013, 01:01:01 pm »
Chances are he/she was using a DDoS like you said.  they are easy to do and a crime depending on where you are, and where the target is. They are as simple as downloading a program, like LOIC,  and running it.  If you are dumb you will set it to rapid and could practically take down any site in the world.  If you are in America the FBI will become your new best friend. The hack groups of anonymous do this stupid crap and think they're some kind of ultimate hacker or something.

ToastedSyrup

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: July 15, 2013, 05:06:47 pm »
Chances are he/she was using a DDoS like you said.  they are easy to do and a crime depending on where you are, and where the target is. They are as simple as downloading a program, like LOIC,  and running it.  If you are dumb you will set it to rapid and could practically take down any site in the world.  If you are in America the FBI will become your new best friend. The hack groups of anonymous do this stupid crap and think they're some kind of ultimate hacker or something.
If they live in Australia, or Europe, or somewhere along the lines of that, would action be taken? I would assume so, but I wanna be sure.

Can't click this !

DeeKay

• Owner
  • Champion Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: July 15, 2013, 05:09:09 pm »
If they live in Australia, or Europe, or somewhere along the lines of that, would action be taken? I would assume so, but I wanna be sure.
This is being dealt with in a private matter, and I won't be giving away information like this.
The main focus is to get the server up and running again, which is being worked on now by my hosts support.

Locked.