Discussion Forum > Discussion forum

The Pig Incident

(1/2) > >>

Ailobite:
For those of you who dont know what "The Pig Incident" was, here it is in a nutshell:

Lissy asked what my favorite pokemon was.
I made a bargan with her saying "Ill tell whos my favorite pokemon, IF I can check out your hyrule castle replica"
She accepted and I was inside Hyrule castle
Then, shortly after, she went away somewhere (I don't know where) and I saw a pig with a saddle
I thought "hey! a pig ride! cool"
I got on and the pig was riding slow
"come on! go faster! *poke*"
and the pig dropped dead
"O_O" immeadiatly came to my mind as Lissy came across the hall
I panicked and shouted "I DIDNT DO IT"
Lissy practically gave me a dirty look and threw me in prison with no word on how long
In the chat later on, she started to mock me harshly and the rest of the mods started to follow
and here I am in this lonely prison cell listening to it all

soo... yeah, now for my testomony
but before I start, ill say it for the last time; Im sorry I killed pepe
now wait! whats the point of all of this if im apologizing?
simple, I believe Lissy's gone too far, and I have a right to defend myself

First of all:  Lissy kept going on about how "idiotic" I was and how I "Lacked common sense"
umm... hello? Pepe had a saddle on him, and you didn't think twice about idiots (like me for instance) would try to ride him?
and im the one lacking common sense? And before anyone pulls the "you didnt get permission" argument, the gate was unlocked for me.

Second of all:  it took one poke to take down that pig.
It's plain and simple really, the pig was over worked and starved. Lissy claims that Pepe has been on the server for a month.
She didnt think to feed the poor thing in that timeframe?(you can feed pigs wheat btw) And based on the hit damage a regular punch does (half a heart)
that must mean he was ridden alot durring the time he was alive. Trust me, if I hadn't come along, it would've been some other Idiot sitting in my prison cell.

Last of all: Its just a game!
And before anyone says "you don't understand what its like to lose something like this" I understand alot more than you think
In my starting days of minecraft (1.3 was out at the time) I started to write in the in-game journals.... well, then i got killed by a griefer for the first time
after I realized how much I have written. And you know what that A**hole did? He threw my journal into the lava along with my house.
 :'(. That was just one of the many fustrating times I've had with this game. Yet, I never held a grudge against anybody nor did I quit on the game (maybe on the server thought)

So you see?  I understand why Lissy would be upset with me, but does she really need to constantly insult me?
Im not asking for anyone to "unjail" me, but at least tell me how long, and if it's a long time, a reduction?

dinoman1997:
i think she did kinda overreact but she had all right to be pissed

impishmonkey:
Very interesting testimony.... Wanted to point out this little phrase here:

--- Quote from: Ailobite on October 15, 2012, 10:00:48 pm ---well, then i got killed by a griefer for the first time
after I realized how much I have written. And you know what that A**hole did? He threw my journal into the lava along with my house.
 :'(. That was just one of the many fustrating times I've had with this game. Yet, I never held a grudge against anybody

--- End quote ---

You say "I never held a grudge against anybody" yet you just referred to the griefer as an "A**hole" That certainly sounds like a grudge to me.

Now I understand your frustrations, but in a way, Pepe was really special to Lissy. He's been with her for a long long time, back when some of her first friends here still played. So I understand her being upset with you.

If I were you I would stop being so defensive, which is where most of the overreacting stemmed from. (defensive people usually don't accept blame when they do things, they find other things/people to blame. This makes it harder for people wronged by them, to forgive them.) You should probably not only apologise to her, but also find a way to help her heal and make it up to her. (without being defensive or complaining)

As for Pepe's weakness... He had been well taken care of. A lot of times people would abuse him when visiting her castle, but the abuse never ever came from her. Since I had known him, he's been through a major lava incident where someone had griefed her with lava, been punched by aggressive or impatient players, and been led away by strangers with wheat. Each time, Lissy came to his rescue and did her best to nurse him back to health and find somewhere more safe for him.

I would like to end this reply with one thing:

Rest In Peace, Pepe. You were not only a pig, you were a friend.

~imp

Ailobite:
you know what imp? your right,
I realize reading it now I came off alittle too defencive, and (assuming lissy would let me)I want to build a pepe memorial
and about me saying i dont hold grudges, and calling the guy an a**hole.  I like to think of it as more "distrust" and not "grudge"

Lissy421:
Ok. Hi im Lissy. ^_^ duh. Well. Here I go since I'm not going to bother explaining or anything since imp pretty much said what i needed but ill just add this.

1. The server isn't up for me to unjail you
2. I jailed you without a time because i was unaware on how long to keep you jailed for. But I can't unjail someone with a server not on
3. You animal griefed therefore i jailed you. Also you annoyed me A LOT since you should have never hit the pig so its your fault. That is all.

ps. thats 2 rules you have broken I will unjail you when the server is back on.
Bye bye

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version