• Home
  • Search
    •  
  • Login
    • Username: Password:

Did you miss your activation email?
  • Hello Guest

Author Topic: Let's keep the world beautiful  (Read 3910 times)

CollisionCourse

• Trusted
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Let's keep the world beautiful
« on: April 16, 2015, 01:29:38 am »
In the old world, myself and some others were guilty of building monstrous farms for iron and gold; although these farms are not against the rules I will admit they tend to be ugly, very ugly. I propose that if anyone wants to build a farm for gold or iron that they try to build entire gold farms and most parts of iron farms underground. If this isn't possible due to certain restraints such as land area or interfering with other builds please try to disguise the farms as buildings. Although this is purely cosmetic you do save a lot of precious building space that would otherwise be wasted. Gold farms work perfectly at every level and can be made to look very nice when imbedded into the ground. Iron farms cannot be entirely built underground due to limits involving doors but it is possible to have just the spawning areas above ground with killing floors under them. On the last world there were also issues with hoppers, although just a few will not cause issues long lines of them will, so please try to keep things compact. Remember these are just suggestions. I'm not saying this should be a rule in any way, everyone is free to build how they please (to an extent); I'm just saying that these farms look horrible and can be made in ways where they can be hidden in plain sight.