• Home
  • Search
    •  
  • Login
    • Username: Password:

Did you miss your activation email?
  • Hello Guest

Author Topic: Wither boss fight  (Read 3832 times)

OddManFromSpace

• May dkcraft live on!
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Wither boss fight
« on: August 16, 2013, 08:34:03 pm »
Since 1.4 people have wanted to fight the Wither boss on the server, but not many people have said much about it on the forum so I did a little thinking and why don't we make a arena out of bedrock? It would protect the land around it, so no mob griefing, and you could put in the sky for extra safety.

Fighting the wither will be at your own risk, so if you die, game over but if you beat it you get the Nether star, witch you use to make a Beacon. Beacons are a high on a griefer's list so if people set it up it will be at there own risk and most will get sponges for protection. Some might think the Beacons are OP but if you see how hard it is to get it and to get all the minerals it takes, its kind of worth it.

The lag is my only concern most servers don't lag much but there tends to be a drop in frame rate.
I hope this goes into consideration. Have a jolly good day.
I am a small man doing big things.

S_HeffLey

• Trusted
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Wither boss fight
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2013, 10:29:19 pm »
I agree, it could be like we have it for the enderdragon and you can warp to it when it respwans.
I wanted to put something here, but I had no idea what to put.

2019 update: I hate this

mineroffury

• Trusted
  • Mineroffury means that i am...... a Miner
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2013, 10:36:48 pm »
But the amount of people getting these nether stars and making them into beacons....There would be to much lag on the server
Minecraft is not about mining and crafting.......It's about Minecrafting... *Mindblowned*

ToastedSyrup

• In all honesty, I hate syrup......
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: August 17, 2013, 01:38:11 am »
But the amount of people getting these nether stars and making them into beacons....There would be to much lag on the server
Don't forget to take into consideration that beacons will not be active in unloaded chunks, but the server having as many occasional players, as well as regulars like it does, It could pose a threat to the FPS of players everywhere.
Jelly bean steaks and pistachio juice only live in your imagination.....

Can't click this !