• Home
  • Search
    •  
  • Login
    • Username: Password:

Did you miss your activation email?
  • Hello Guest

Author Topic: Farewell/help?  (Read 4700 times)

cdapuppie

• Subscribe to cdaclans on Youtube.
    • View Profile
    • GameTuts
    • Awards
Farewell/help?
« on: February 14, 2013, 05:28:03 am »
The past about 3 or 4 weeks, I have really enjoyed DeeKay's server. I love it so much that it inspired me to make my own server. Now first off, let me get this straight. I am not advertising. My server isn't even finished. I need help with it. You see, in DeeKay's server, he has many permissions for different ranks. Like for example, a Operator has WAY more commands/permissions then what a member does. My question is, how do I get to do this myself. Ok, so I have a Bukkit server and I went to bukkit.org and got some plugins like Essentials and other ones. Now I have about all of the commands I want, its just that every time I go to one of my files, (it is a file that is in the plugins folder of my Server folder. The file is in plugins inside another folder called "PermissionsBukkit". PermissionsBukkit is a plugin I have and the file is a config file.)I put the correct permission under my Member or Admin or any other group and then I start my server, join in,(as a member or whatever the commands are in; the group the permissions are in) and I type in /rules, and it says that "You do Not Have Permission To Access That Command"; or at least something close to that. The point is, I can't add permissions for my ranks/groups. I also already have the prefix thing for all of them too. Does someone know how to add permissions correctly to a Bukkit server? I'm sorry this is so long but I need to explain this. I really need help. I would also REALLY love to talk to xDeeKay about this (because I think he has a Bukkit server so he knows what to do) but if there is someone else that knows exactly what to do, please help me out. Thank you.  :-\
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Let's play DKCraft!!!
cdapuppie=cdaclans

DeeKay

• Owner
  • Champion Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Farewell/help?
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2013, 11:22:54 am »
I'm glad I've inspired you. We use GroupManager to handle the permissions:
GroupManager download: http://ess.khhq.net/wiki/Downloads
GroupManager Wiki: http://ess.khhq.net/wiki/Group_Manager

Remove the PermissionsBukkit plugin and the files for it as you won't be needing it.
Use the wiki to check how to layout the groups and what not.

If you need any further help, just ask.

cdapuppie

• View Profile
    • GameTuts
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2013, 11:40:28 am »
Thank you so much DeeKay!
Let's play DKCraft!!!
cdapuppie=cdaclans

cdapuppie

• View Profile
    • GameTuts
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: February 16, 2013, 12:49:09 am »
Hey Dee, I'm sorry to bother you again but how did you add the voting and if you vote, you get a diamond system? Is what I'm saying is how do you make it to where you get a diamond if you vote? And by the way, thank you so much for the GroupManager that you told me to use. Now I have it set to where Admin are higher than Members and what not. Thanks Dee!
Let's play DKCraft!!!
cdapuppie=cdaclans

anniesboy

• Games are awsome!
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: February 16, 2013, 01:16:25 am »
Hey Dee, I'm sorry to bother you again but how did you add the voting and if you vote, you get a diamond system? Is what I'm saying is how do you make it to where you get a diamond if you vote? And by the way, thank you so much for the GroupManager that you told me to use. Now I have it set to where Admin are higher than Members and what not. Thanks Dee!
Votifier is used for voting.
Hi! :D

The_ChamPeon

• I'm Back! Keep an eye out for me!
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: February 16, 2013, 01:19:30 am »
yeah, just basicly what annies said. Votifier is a plugin. there is a way to make it so that it will give people who vote for your server diamonds, igm (in-game money, Ive seen this on other servers.), etc. I dont know how to make it do that, so ask deekay about that.
I'm going to camp for four weeks. I won't be back until some time in August.

cdapuppie

• View Profile
    • GameTuts
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: February 16, 2013, 03:20:39 am »
Ok guys. Thank you. This should help quit a bit!
Let's play DKCraft!!!
cdapuppie=cdaclans