• Home
  • Search
    •  
  • Login
    • Username: Password:

Did you miss your activation email?
  • Hello Guest

Author Topic: Ideas/Thoughts on the PVP server  (Read 4739 times)

leatherneckjr

• Trusted
  • They will quake in my shadow
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Ideas/Thoughts on the PVP server
« on: January 30, 2013, 05:48:37 pm »
Lets get this started proper people. So what do you think of the pvp server so far? Is it fun, unique, bad, need work, notice any glitches? Lets see what you have to say.

I for one am extremely hopeful for this. The classes are kinda interesting and I was def having fun getting headshots. The only problem I had when I played is after a match was actually over (I captured flag 3 times) I got teleported to some random area completely away from the game area and I had no way of getting back.
http://adf.ly/hCsfh -->Check out my blog! http://adf.ly/hCtSU --> Check out my minecraft skins! Want me to make you one? Just ask!

DeeKay

• Owner
  • Champion Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Ideas/Thoughts on the PVP server
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2013, 06:11:24 pm »
Indeed it has a lot of bugs. I've reported most of the ones I found to the Dev.

If you find any major issues, post a detailed report on them in the PvP Support forum and I shall forward them onto the Dev.

Lissy421

• https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Aql_fYL7Wwc
  • Awards Donated $5 towards the server.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2013, 07:46:53 pm »
some things i do not like and feel needs improvements

1. I cant tell who is on what team, would it be possible to add maybe red wool and blue wool heads when you join a team?
2. The enchanted bow is way too powerful. it is impossible to get near someone shooting the bow at you because you fly back every time you get hit. I think maybe taking off the enchant on the bow or making it a less enchant would be a lot better.
3. Its a bit confusing for ppl who do not know how to play. If we had a team deathmatch as well i would enjoy that and its more simpler for everyone to understand.

Besides that Its pretty good for a start.

DeeKay

• Owner
  • Champion Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2013, 08:42:09 pm »
some things i do not like and feel needs improvements

1. I cant tell who is on what team, would it be possible to add maybe red wool and blue wool heads when you join a team?
2. The enchanted bow is way too powerful. it is impossible to get near someone shooting the bow at you because you fly back every time you get hit. I think maybe taking off the enchant on the bow or making it a less enchant would be a lot better.
3. Its a bit confusing for ppl who do not know how to play. If we had a team deathmatch as well i would enjoy that and its more simpler for everyone to understand.

Besides that Its pretty good for a start.
1. I bought the exact same thing up with the developer, he said he's working on that.
2. Class editing should be coming soon for the plugin.
3. I guess it's just a learn while you play kinda game.

JoshieAteMyBaby

• Trusted
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: February 02, 2013, 08:31:12 pm »
Yeah, overall I like it a lot. I found sometimes it has random lag, although that may just be on my end.
Custom classes would be cool, although you would have to make sure someone cant make something that is too op.
There are a few glitches with the flags, but I know y'all are still developing it, so that's alright.
I mainly would like to see more maps, maybe even some that are made by the community for variety, and the ability to switch teams, or an "auto-balance" sort of feature to keep it fair.

TTLego

• Trusted
  • ^ British Guy
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: February 02, 2013, 09:25:15 pm »
Loving the server so far like many other people are! Compared to Lissy's opinion I believe the bow in archer is fine and is easy to work around with the right strategy but I can understand where it can get annoying sometimes. And to agree with Joshie I do believe we could use a few more maps allowing different ranks to have the upper hand and overall I am extremely happy to see where this will lead to in the future  :D

ryans1230

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: February 12, 2013, 05:26:22 am »
Great server to go with the SMP. Like Lissy said, the bow is a little powerful and it's hard to get an effective attack on the archer.

I am looking forward to the new classes and some of the new arenas!