• Home
  • Search
    •  
  • Login
    • Username: Password:

Did you miss your activation email?
  • Hello Guest

Author Topic: DKCraft's PvP Server - Discussion  (Read 17580 times)

leatherneckjr

• Trusted
  • They will quake in my shadow
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: DKCraft's PvP Server - Discussion
« Reply #15 on: January 28, 2013, 10:55:52 pm »
Ok, so I've never quite understood how this works, but is it possible to have everything on the same server, but in a different world?

Ive seen other servers do things where they have different worlds attached to the main server. There doesn't seem to be anyway to manually connect you always seem to have to go through a portal or do a / command to get in. That way we keep it all on one, but we don't destroy a massive chunk of the landscape or activate pvp on the main world.
http://adf.ly/hCsfh -->Check out my blog! http://adf.ly/hCtSU --> Check out my minecraft skins! Want me to make you one? Just ask!

spythecat

• Trusted
  • yes I'm a chickadee
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #16 on: January 28, 2013, 10:59:30 pm »
if that's possible, to integrate the two without disrupting either one, that would be awesome! I'd hate to be separated from you guys that like pvp!
I'm totally going to start a petition to have the rank "ninja" added... only ghosty types and spies are allowed to be ninja *nods*.... no special "abilities" needed... just flavor text... in the color of clear so you don't see me coming!

anniesboy

• Games are awsome!
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #17 on: January 29, 2013, 12:38:05 am »
Should we post under the topic, or should we PM you? Im just putting mine under the topic

If a second server for pvp in dkcraft should be put in, I think that there should be different arenas for people to pvp in. There should also be some duel arenas that are pretty small and are ment for duels. Also There should be different Game modes Like Capture the flag, regular PvP, etc. Another thing that should be in is a PvM (player Vs mob/monster) arena, and like the pvp arenas, there should be different arenas and single player arenas. King of the hill would also be cool. I am willing to help build some of the stuff for the arenas. Let me know if you want me to help.

Edit: king of the...help.
Even though I am totally against almost any PvP, I think others would like king of the hill.
Umm, why did you say :
Quote from: The_ChamPeon
king of the...help.
Hi! :D

The_ChamPeon

• I'm Back! Keep an eye out for me!
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #18 on: January 29, 2013, 01:30:41 am »
yes a smaller pvp server would be fine but make it hunger games because every one likes hunger games but personally i kinda dont like it :-\

"Everyone" typically means everyone... in the world. Since it's impossible to account for "everyone" I'd say "most people" instead.

ANYWHO, lols... so is it decided then that the pvp component is going to be on a second server instead of integrating it in some way to the already existing server?

I think so spy... I also hope so too
I'm going to camp for four weeks. I won't be back until some time in August.

The_ChamPeon

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #19 on: January 29, 2013, 01:45:11 am »
Should we post under the topic, or should we PM you? Im just putting mine under the topic

If a second server for pvp in dkcraft should be put in, I think that there should be different arenas for people to pvp in. There should also be some duel arenas that are pretty small and are ment for duels. Also There should be different Game modes Like Capture the flag, regular PvP, etc. Another thing that should be in is a PvM (player Vs mob/monster) arena, and like the pvp arenas, there should be different arenas and single player arenas. King of the hill would also be cool. I am willing to help build some of the stuff for the arenas. Let me know if you want me to help.

Edit: king of the...help.
Even though I am totally against almost any PvP, I think others would like king of the hill.
Umm, why did you say :
Quote from: The_ChamPeon
king of the...help.

Definition of Edit:king of the...help:

King of the hill would also be cool. I am willing to help build some of the stuff for the arenas. Let me know if you want me to help.

Another words, (words)...(word)= words-word

The_ChamPeon

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #20 on: January 29, 2013, 02:06:14 am »
Just think Team Fortress 2, Minecraft style.

There is all ready a server with team fortress 2, minecraft style already out there. I have a vid for that.

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=ZmGg5MqICtQ

Curret

• Trusted
  • carrot all day. carrot all night.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #21 on: January 29, 2013, 02:07:45 am »
I am Against anything PvP, I Dis-like The 2nd server idea and Genrally HATE Pvp!

mikebauer222

• Furry Pride
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #22 on: January 29, 2013, 02:15:00 am »
what i said before ignore it because with a pvp server this server will loose popularity so no one will be on except a few who dont like pvp :P

DZHWKZ

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #23 on: January 29, 2013, 02:46:27 am »
sounds like a fun idea but my main question is, can we build forts truces, castles etc

LordVakar

• Trusted
  • Lord of REDDSTONNINGZ!
    • View Profile
    • Minecraft Fourms Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #24 on: January 29, 2013, 04:08:00 am »
Ok, so I've never quite understood how this works, but is it possible to have everything on the same server, but in a different world?

Ive seen other servers do things where they have different worlds attached to the main server. There doesn't seem to be anyway to manually connect you always seem to have to go through a portal or do a / command to get in. That way we keep it all on one, but we don't destroy a massive chunk of the landscape or activate pvp on the main world.
That'd be nice. The plugin is called Multiverse. I don't know the portal one though, I think it's Multiverse too.
Hello....
I'ma Vakar.
Master at mapmaking and redstone.

DZHWKZ

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #25 on: January 29, 2013, 04:44:22 am »
so how many are in favour of the multiverse idea?

LordVakar

• Trusted
  • Lord of REDDSTONNINGZ!
    • View Profile
    • Minecraft Fourms Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #26 on: January 29, 2013, 04:48:08 am »
so how many are in favour of the multiverse idea?
Me of course! :)
Hello....
I'ma Vakar.
Master at mapmaking and redstone.

DeeKay

• Owner
  • Champion Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #27 on: January 29, 2013, 06:12:23 am »
Thanks for all your feedback and ideas up to this point, they're greatly appreciated.
I should have really gone into more depth about what I meant by saying:
"DKCraft's current server just isn't possible with our current setup"

So let me explain a little more. It's not exactly impossible to implement onto our current server, but it wouldn't exactly be easy, and it also wouldn't be easy on the server itself.
There are many problems I've ran into already, if we were to implement PvP onto our current server:

- Servers are somewhat restricted to the amount of plugins they can run. At the moment we have about 30 plugins, and the server is running with only 1.5GB of ram.
Most of these 30 plugins we have are quite high demanding plugins, in the sense that they do a crap ton more things than a regular plugin. For example, Buycraft and Votifier both have to ping the a third part website to send the diamonds/donation rewards to the player(s).

So with integrating PvP onto our server we would need an additional PvP plugin, because like I said our current setup isn't great for PvP.
And we would need Multiverse to manage the worlds. To be honest I'm a little against such a large plugin like Multiverse, especially when it's only use for our server would be to manage a PvP world.
The chat would also get extremely messy at times with people constantly dying, which would mean we'd need yet another plugins such as HeroChat to manage 2 channels. Which would again add another plugin to our list.

- Another problem would just be the general maintenance of the PvP system. Teams would need to be assigned, in which we'd need some indication of them. It would just mess with our current setup.
- Announcements will need to be made with which team has won and what not, which would just add to the messiness.
- Since there's a server restart time on our server, some games will be interrupted upon restart.

There's just a lot of small issues such as the ones above we'd need to have to work around. I can literally run this server for 1 month as a trial, and if it clearly doesn't work out, I can cancel it.
Removing the whitelist back in the day was supposed to be a trial, but still to this day we've had it say removed because of how well it's worked out.
The same thing could be done with this additional server.

The_ChamPeon

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #28 on: January 30, 2013, 12:09:27 am »
Thanks for all your feedback and ideas up to this point, they're greatly appreciated.
I should have really gone into more depth about what I meant by saying:
"DKCraft's current server just isn't possible with our current setup"

So let me explain a little more. It's not exactly impossible to implement onto our current server, but it wouldn't exactly be easy, and it also wouldn't be easy on the server itself.
There are many problems I've ran into already, if we were to implement PvP onto our current server:

- Servers are somewhat restricted to the amount of plugins they can run. At the moment we have about 30 plugins, and the server is running with only 1.5GB of ram.
Most of these 30 plugins we have are quite high demanding plugins, in the sense that they do a crap ton more things than a regular plugin. For example, Buycraft and Votifier both have to ping the a third part website to send the diamonds/donation rewards to the player(s).

So with integrating PvP onto our server we would need an additional PvP plugin, because like I said our current setup isn't great for PvP.
And we would need Multiverse to manage the worlds. To be honest I'm a little against such a large plugin like Multiverse, especially when it's only use for our server would be to manage a PvP world.
The chat would also get extremely messy at times with people constantly dying, which would mean we'd need yet another plugins such as HeroChat to manage 2 channels. Which would again add another plugin to our list.

- Another problem would just be the general maintenance of the PvP system. Teams would need to be assigned, in which we'd need some indication of them. It would just mess with our current setup.
- Announcements will need to be made with which team has won and what not, which would just add to the messiness.
- Since there's a server restart time on our server, some games will be interrupted upon restart.

There's just a lot of small issues such as the ones above we'd need to have to work around. I can literally run this server for 1 month as a trial, and if it clearly doesn't work out, I can cancel it.
Removing the whitelist back in the day was supposed to be a trial, but still to this day we've had it say removed because of how well it's worked out.
The same thing could be done with this additional server.

That Would also Cause Alot of lag. If you thought the server is lagy enough the way it is, Just think of the lag if there was These extra plug-ins listed above.

My_Dinner

• Trusted
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #29 on: January 30, 2013, 06:15:45 pm »
deeyit wont let me use the ninja classes and other classes