• Home
  • Search
    •  
  • Login
    • Username: Password:

Did you miss your activation email?
  • Hello Guest

Author Topic: DKCraft's PvP Server - Discussion  (Read 17593 times)

DeeKay

• Owner
  • Champion Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
DKCraft's PvP Server - Discussion
« on: January 28, 2013, 03:11:49 pm »
Hello,

The overall reason for this thread is to discuss a new possible server for the DKCraft community, a PvP server.
Donations have skyrocketed lately, and I had an idea to purchase a new smaller server to host PvP.
But, we need some ideas / comments / questions / feedback! Here is the one thing we need to know from you:

Should this even happen?
I'm aware DKCraft is working great as a single server, so I can understand that some of you may disprove of this idea.
But if you like this idea, please provide some feedback!

"But DeeKay, why not just integrate PvP to the current server?"
Well, as I've said in the past, I don't want to add an ordinary PvP arena, or any sort of mob arena. (That's just boring)
I want DKCraft's PvP system to be unique, and not have the same old features as a regular PvP server.
But the things I want for DKCraft's current server just isn't possible with our current setup, which is why the idea of a new server came into mind.

This is not happening yet, so if you have any comments or feedback, please let me know!

The_ChamPeon

• I'm Back! Keep an eye out for me!
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: DKCraft's PvP Server - Discussion
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2013, 03:25:16 pm »
Should we post under the topic, or should we PM you? Im just putting mine under the topic

If a second server for pvp in dkcraft should be put in, I think that there should be different arenas for people to pvp in. There should also be some duel arenas that are pretty small and are ment for duels. Also There should be different Game modes Like Capture the flag, regular PvP, etc. Another thing that should be in is a PvM (player Vs mob/monster) arena, and like the pvp arenas, there should be different arenas and single player arenas. King of the hill would also be cool. I am willing to help build some of the stuff for the arenas. Let me know if you want me to help.

Edit: king of the...help.
« Last Edit: January 28, 2013, 04:06:09 pm by The_ChamPeon »
I'm going to camp for four weeks. I won't be back until some time in August.

DeeKay

• Owner
  • Champion Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2013, 03:41:42 pm »
Should we post under the topic, or should we PM you? Im just putting mine under the topic
Yes, just reply here. Thank you for your feedback.

TTLego

• Trusted
  • ^ British Guy
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2013, 03:48:49 pm »
Personally, I love the idea of pvp being implemented within a server or on the server and believe we should include ordinary pvp and multiple games such as capture the flag, free for all but I wouldn't like to see another server open which is survival pvp as that could involve problems like spawn killers etc.

The_ChamPeon

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: January 28, 2013, 04:08:22 pm »
Personally, I love the idea of pvp being implemented within a server or on the server and believe we should include ordinary pvp and multiple games such as capture the flag, free for all but I wouldn't like to see another server open which is survival pvp as that could involve problems like spawn killers etc.

I agree with Lego, spawn-killing would be a problem on a PvP survival server. But an idea to limit that is to only allow PvP in arenas.

DeeKay

• Owner
  • Champion Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: January 28, 2013, 04:18:33 pm »
Just to clear some thing up thus far:

- There won't be any mob arenas, purely PvP only.
- Because of the size of the server, there will most likely only be 1 match ongoing (CTF, TDM, etc)

This means there will be timed restarts to avoid matches going on forever.

leatherneckjr

• Trusted
  • They will quake in my shadow
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: January 28, 2013, 04:59:56 pm »
No MA makes me sad, but I like the idea of an ongoing match with a timer, but does that mean once it starts no one can join or can other people get in after the timer starts. Will people be able to join the server to spectate?
http://adf.ly/hCsfh -->Check out my blog! http://adf.ly/hCtSU --> Check out my minecraft skins! Want me to make you one? Just ask!

spythecat

• Trusted
  • yes I'm a chickadee
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: January 28, 2013, 05:02:15 pm »
while I will most likely not be participating in pvp anythings (not really my bag :)) I do think giving folks a place to pvp may cut down considerably the active griefing that happens on the survival server. Its just a sad thing that since it'll be on a separate server, wouldn't the original DKcraft server have a drop in population?
Being new-ish (now I guess a few weeks, so technically not new but noob), I'm not totally familiar with how it would actually work? Perhaps someone more knowledgeable could allay my concerns. I am very happy to hear that the server is doing well enough for this topic to be addressed though!
I'm totally going to start a petition to have the rank "ninja" added... only ghosty types and spies are allowed to be ninja *nods*.... no special "abilities" needed... just flavor text... in the color of clear so you don't see me coming!

The_ChamPeon

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: January 28, 2013, 05:08:31 pm »
Just to clear some thing up thus far:

- There won't be any mob arenas, purely PvP only.
- Because of the size of the server, there will most likely only be 1 match ongoing (CTF, TDM, etc)

This means there will be timed restarts to avoid matches going on forever.

No mob arena? That's sad but ok.
Timer is a good idea but like leatherneck said, can people join the PvP match once it starts, or spectate?

Edit: or spectate
« Last Edit: January 28, 2013, 05:16:34 pm by The_ChamPeon »

DeeKay

• Owner
  • Champion Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: January 28, 2013, 05:40:40 pm »
I'm not 100% sure about the specifics right now, I will work all that stuff out later on.
But most likely the server will always allow players to join, whether or not the match has started. There will then be a time limit to start new rounds, in which case anyone currently in-game will be teleported back to their starting area.

Just think Team Fortress 2, Minecraft style.

Poiujmon [Dead]

• his account: not used
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: January 28, 2013, 09:14:23 pm »
I'm kind of curious if it was possible to have a type of "challenging" system where it was possible to "challenge" someone via commad and the person could either accept or decline the PvP challenge. Just a thought. Nothing new.

The_ChamPeon

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #11 on: January 28, 2013, 09:37:11 pm »
I'm kind of curious if it was possible to have a type of "challenging" system where it was possible to "challenge" someone via commad and the person could either accept or decline the PvP challenge. Just a thought. Nothing new.

Good idea!!!! Hey deekay there's a smart person over here!!!

Lissy421

• https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Aql_fYL7Wwc
  • Awards Donated $5 towards the server.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #12 on: January 28, 2013, 10:13:06 pm »
i believe we should have some sort of pvp system on the same server. maybe just upgrade the server. I personally dislike the idea of 2 different servers for one community.

mikebauer222

• Furry Pride
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #13 on: January 28, 2013, 10:48:13 pm »
yes a smaller pvp server would be fine but make it hunger games because every one likes hunger games but personally i kinda dont like it :-\

spythecat

• Trusted
  • yes I'm a chickadee
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #14 on: January 28, 2013, 10:53:12 pm »
yes a smaller pvp server would be fine but make it hunger games because every one likes hunger games but personally i kinda dont like it :-\

"Everyone" typically means everyone... in the world. Since it's impossible to account for "everyone" I'd say "most people" instead.

ANYWHO, lols... so is it decided then that the pvp component is going to be on a second server instead of integrating it in some way to the already existing server?
I'm totally going to start a petition to have the rank "ninja" added... only ghosty types and spies are allowed to be ninja *nods*.... no special "abilities" needed... just flavor text... in the color of clear so you don't see me coming!