• Home
  • Search
    •  
  • Login
    • Username: Password:

Did you miss your activation email?
  • Hello Guest

Author Topic: PvP Server Polished  (Read 7745 times)

DeeKay

• Owner
  • Champion Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
PvP Server Polished
« on: February 04, 2013, 11:41:48 am »
The PvP server is back online with a few updates! I threw out the old plugin as it was very unstable and unpredictable.
The new plugin it's running works a lot better overall, and has a lot more features and customization.
When you join the server, you'll find yourself in what's called the Lobby. In the Lobby is a list of game modes, rules, and current games.

As of right now, there is only 1 game type which is arena:
- 2-6 players
- Team based
- 6 minute time limit (team with most kills wins)

To queue for a game, simply click the 'Arena' sign.
There is a cool feature when it comes to queuing for a match. If a game needs 6 players for the game to start, and all 6 players queue for the match, the match will start as it should.
But if only 2 players have queued, after a 2 minute time limit has been reached, the game will realize that no one else wants to join the queue, and the game will then start with only 2 players (practically a 1v1)

There are currently 7 classes, but only 3 to choose from. It is also the game map as before.

Since this plugin has so much customization, feel free to suggest classes, game modes, or maps in the General Discussion forum.

Enjoy!

DZHWKZ

• View Profile
    • Awards
Re: PvP Server Polished
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2013, 02:09:38 pm »
nooooooo this means the cute lil house i was building is gone......goodbye....old glitchy plugin.....you will be missed*sniffle* lol nah jk lol

impishmonkey

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2013, 05:05:04 pm »
lol you were building a house??

And yeah, this looks a LOT better... Also, is there a way to choose what team you're on? Is there a better way to tell what team others are on? (hats, coloured armor, etc etc)

TTLego

• Trusted
  • ^ British Guy
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: February 04, 2013, 05:43:11 pm »
Hiya I've noticed a bug including the meat, in the other plugin when you ate the meat it would restore your hearts, and with the new plugin this feature is no longer enabled, making extremely easy for both other classes to kill archer.

DeeKay

• Owner
  • Champion Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: February 05, 2013, 12:16:05 am »
is there a way to choose what team you're on?
Is there a better way to tell what team others are on? (hats, coloured armor, etc etc)
1. I'm not sure, it should be something like first 3 people to join the queue vs the next 3 people to join.
2. Yes, I forgot to mention that the 2 teams are now defined by red and blue wool hats.

Hiya I've noticed a bug including the meat, in the other plugin when you ate the meat it would restore your hearts, and with the new plugin this feature is no longer enabled, making extremely easy for both other classes to kill archer.
It's not a bug, it's just not a feature in this new plugin. I did suggest it to the Dev the other day though.

Lissy421

• https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Aql_fYL7Wwc
  • Awards Donated $5 towards the server.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: February 05, 2013, 12:20:42 am »
This pluggin is much more stable. The hats make is much more easy to figure out who's on what team. And team deathmatch is both easier for new people to understand and better in my opinion. Just curious as to what the [Moderator] rank is since i saw it on legos.

DeeKay

• Owner
  • Champion Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: February 05, 2013, 12:56:44 am »
Just curious as to what the [Moderator] rank is since i saw it on legos.
I forgot to mention that too. There are only currently 4 ranks:
Owner, Admin, Moderator, and Player.

I'll explain more in the staff forum later ;)

pigglesquirt

• Trusted
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: February 05, 2013, 03:14:41 am »
I hate to admit it, but I think me gusta this plugin more than the Capture the Flag. The classes are more evened out (except for Soldier, which kind of slowly suckles freshly-shaved teet of lameness), the more combat-oriented game play is more popular, and it has yet to crash. All in all, well-done, DK. I don't know if it'll stand the test of time, but so far, everyone's having a blast!

mentallizard

• Trusted
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: February 05, 2013, 03:44:34 am »
you should make it so that we can watch people fight each other :D

pigglesquirt

• Trusted
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: February 07, 2013, 03:44:27 am »
Also, there are a few bugs.

Often, when I die, I'll be tp'd back to the waiting area instead of back to the red or blue spawnpoint.

Also, with the Heavy Class, some of us will start out with an iron sword, or we'll have a diamond sword but on our first hit, it'll turn into an iron sword.

I'm with Mental, though, on being able to watch, and having something to do in the waiting area. <3

DeeKay

• Owner
  • Champion Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: February 07, 2013, 04:01:25 am »
you should make it so that we can watch people fight each other :D
As far as I know, there's no spectate feature on the plugin.
I'd have to look into it.

L3g1t_Bacon

• Trusted
  • Can't even guap right now.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #11 on: February 07, 2013, 04:11:00 am »
(except for Soldier, which kind of slowly suckles freshly-shaved teet of lameness)
I agree, maybe give the soilder special abilities like speed or something...
Too L3g1t to quit!

mentallizard

• Trusted
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #12 on: February 07, 2013, 04:40:00 am »
it doesn't have to be a spectate feature just having like a glass bottom to the waiting area so we can watch from above would be cool

DeeKay

• Owner
  • Champion Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #13 on: February 07, 2013, 10:35:19 am »
it doesn't have to be a spectate feature just having like a glass bottom to the waiting area so we can watch from above would be cool
If you mean it like that, I don't really see it serving a whole lot.
Especially considering that the new maps most likely won't have an 'outside' to them, therefor rendering a glass box useless to spectate in.