• Home
  • Search
    •  
  • Login
    • Username: Password:

Did you miss your activation email?
  • Hello Guest

Author Topic: Toggle "doInsomnia" to 'false'  (Read 5817 times)

Helper6

• Trusted
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Toggle "doInsomnia" to 'false'
« on: February 22, 2021, 09:23:22 pm »
Greetings reader. Being a seasoned player in DKCraft, I am suggesting that the "doInsomnia" game-rule be set to false. This game-rule when set to true allows for Phantoms to spawn at night which swoop down to attack players who have not slept. This feature that exists in Vanilla Minecraft should not be present in this server. It not only bothers players who choose not to benefit from sleeping and skipping the night, but it also forces players to sleep in a bed and reflects poor game design; players should not be more punished for choosing not to sleep. Players who already do sleep are rewarded and skip the night thus not dealing with mobs. Lastly, Phantoms are very annoying to deal with and serve no purpose unless the player is needing to repair an elytra.

This brings me to one problem that stands with setting the "doInsomnia" game-rule to false: phantom membranes can no longer be obtained. There is an easy solution and that is adding the Phantom Membrane to a shop (vote shop, /warp Shops).

Really, there's a small change that can take away the frustration of having to make a bed and skip the night to avoid these pesky Phantoms. The change is simply by setting the "doInsomnia" game-rule to false and adding the membrane to a shop.

Good afternoon by the way.  8)

« Last Edit: February 22, 2021, 09:32:47 pm by Helper006 »

DeeKay

• Owner
  • Champion Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Toggle "doInsomnia" to 'false'
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2021, 05:48:58 am »
Hey Helper, thanks for the suggestion.

I understand your frustrations with them and see where you're coming from, Phantoms aren't exactly the most liked mob in the Minecraft community.

But they are part of the vanilla experience and add a challenge to the game, and I don't personally feel that needing to sleep once every 3 days is that detrimental to gameplay to warrant removing Phantoms entirely.

Also, if you're set up correctly to be able to take on endless nights, dealing with Phantoms should be like dealing with any mob during the night (albeit they can fly)

etbandung

• View Profile
    • Kursus Bahasa Inggris Kelas Karyawan
    • Awards
Re: Toggle "doInsomnia" to 'false'
« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2021, 05:09:25 am »
i always freak out with the phantom everytime i see it