• Home
  • Search
    •  
  • Login
    • Username: Password:

Did you miss your activation email?
  • Hello Guest

Author Topic: Shop Overhaul  (Read 9958 times)

Echo_Matty

• Trusted
  • Could be Batman
  • Awards Donated $5 towards the server. Donated $10 towards the server. Donated $20 towards the server. Donated $30 towards the server. Donated $50 towards the server. Donated $100 towards the server.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Shop Overhaul
« on: February 16, 2017, 09:30:41 pm »
I'm going to try keep this on topic and not have it a rant. These are just suggestions and my point of view.

I think having a functioning economy on the server expands what the players can do and gives them another objective to work towards.

The economy is currently fully controlled by Gold and Iron Ore. As it stands, A stack of Iron ore (which takes 20 minutes or less to obtain) Is worth $6400. The next best way of making some sort of an income or profit (if you don't have a guardian farm) is agriculture. More specifically Sugarcane. In optimal conditions it takes just over 18 minutes to fully grow. To get the same return as a stack of iron, You need to sell 34100 sugarcane or carrots,wheat etc. I would presume this shows the imbalance currently in the shops.

I have a few ideas on how to change this to expand on the economy and have more players interact with the shops and each other.

1. Editing the shop on intervals, anywhere from a month to 3 months (by season?).

Expanding on that. I think for example, next month Ores could get a Large nerf and something else could get a buff such as alchemy, rare fishing (salmon,puffers), Mob drops, different woods/stones, agriculture, flowers and so on. This way every so on a new set of items becomes more valuable to sell, this can encourage players to start farming such and such an item or adventure to get something or trade with others on the server promoting player interaction.

2. I can picture somebody saying "and who's going to edit it every month", that's too much work or something along the lines of that. Well I would happily do it, So there's that.

3. Smaller work could be worth more, base items like cobble wood etc. Bring back lumberjack.

I also think deleting the shops/economy would be a poor, But leaving it as is, isn't great either.

Always open to discuss and help,
Post your opinions below.
Matty

« Last Edit: February 16, 2017, 09:32:29 pm by Echo_Matty »

Wooper

• View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Shop Overhaul
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2017, 12:00:32 am »
I agree with the three points Matty brought up, especially the price fluctuations he described. Shop "seasons" would differ up the meta of the economy and ultimately make the experience of getting money fresh and new. I believe Iron and Gold Ore should be nerfed as well, due to their massive advantage over other items in the shop, as Matty described. I believe having more ways to make a good amount of money relative to other people is better than having one way. I encourage you all to share your opinions below as well.

Lissy421

• https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Aql_fYL7Wwc
  • Awards Donated $5 towards the server.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2017, 09:59:42 am »
Oh jesus not this again.

Tobieias

• Tobieias
  • Admin
  • Pretty sweet.
  • Awards Donated $5 towards the server. Donated $20 towards the server. Donated $30 towards the server. Donated $50 towards the server. Donated $100 towards the server. Donated $150 towards the server. Donated $10 towards the server.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2017, 12:27:42 pm »
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
I thought you would've said that lmao!

In all due respect though, the shop seasons and having someone handle the shops on a relatively active basis is a really good idea, and I also think it would work out really well, it's not such a big change to how things are done right now and it means the economy would have a new fresh style. I love the cycle idea of bringing some more obscure items for a higher sale margin. I'd enjoy this idea and so would many others if it were implemented into our economy structure. I would also be up for Handling the shop prices and items that would be slightly changed in price.

Thanks for the suggestion Matty   (:
Don't go hollow.

Altus Clura

• Operator
  • (((d[-_-]b)))
  • Awards Donated $10 towards the server. Donated $50 towards the server. Donated $30 towards the server. Donated $20 towards the server. Donated $5 towards the server.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: February 17, 2017, 10:30:54 pm »
I Like the idea, just a little observation i made pumkin sells for 40 a stack while most all other farmables go for 12, kinda unbalanced, maybe raise the others to pumkin or lower pumkin to them depending on how iron and gold are adjusted

DeeKay

• Owner
  • Champion Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: March 08, 2017, 04:34:46 pm »
First of all, thanks for the suggestion. It's not a terrible idea, but here's the rundown.

Before we make any changes like this, we will be looking to edit shop prices first.
This could mean an entire re-balance of prices. We will also be creating a brand new shop and layout.

We will take price and balancing suggestions into consideration, however we will have final say on the prices and what items will be available. Please leave suggestions and ideas below.

If this idea is ever implemented, I have already planned how it can be fully automatic - no player intervention will be required.

Bring back lumberjack.
What do you mean by this?

Altus Clura

• Operator
  • (((d[-_-]b)))
  • Awards Donated $10 towards the server. Donated $50 towards the server. Donated $30 towards the server. Donated $20 towards the server. Donated $5 towards the server.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: March 21, 2017, 01:14:49 am »
there are a few people complaining the end structures are looted for elytras and there are no more left, it may be a good idea to either expand the end or as a more permanent solution add them to the shops

CollisionCourse

• Trusted
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: March 23, 2017, 01:04:17 pm »
there are a few people complaining the end structures are looted for elytras and there are no more left, it may be a good idea to either expand the end or as a more permanent solution add them to the shops

On the topic of the end, shulker boxes tend to become rare pretty quickly after an end expansion, would it be possible to increase the shell drop rate in the loot tables? It'll decrease the amount of shulkers needed to make one box (and push back the time before another expansion is needed)

Blood

• (:RaNdOmNeSs:)
  • Awards Donated $10 towards the server. Donated $5 towards the server.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: March 24, 2017, 04:53:37 am »
Elytra could either be a voting reward or a very expensive item in the shops. Shulker boxes could be an expensive items in the shops too maybe.

Griffore

• Trusted
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: March 24, 2017, 07:33:07 pm »
I think this is a great idea, but you said it was open for discussion so I plan on bringing up my ideas.
I think that the prices are decently high on some things ($10 per carrot x.x)
There is also a kind of flaw in the shops rotation though, a staff member needs to place water if you are not already near a body of water. This can be pretty easy to work around but I think it is worth bringing up.

Another thing that could be done is player shops. It is where a shop district is set up and players can make their own shops and set their own prices for certain items. This could improve the economy and make people vote more so they could get money easier.
The way money could be obtained is exchanging items. You could exchange lets say 1 vote point for 2-4 iron or 1 vote point for 2 gold. This is just another possible option for shops and the current shop could also still stay as it is, just another opportunity for players to get involved in the community.

I actually doubt this makes sense because I am so tired xD Good luck on deciphering this. :P
Other than this I think this is a wonderful suggestions Matty!

Lissy421

• https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Aql_fYL7Wwc
  • Awards Donated $5 towards the server.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: April 01, 2017, 07:52:02 am »

Another thing that could be done is player shops

We have no plans on adding player shops. Its just something we aren't fond of. No plans on ever having them. Sorry.

The shops are not meant to be a dependency. More of a last resort if you cannot obtain items yourself.

The idea of "seasonal" or monthly Items for sale at higher margin is also a good idea in my opinion. Now this doesn't mean it is going to be added anytime soon. But its not a terrible idea. Simply having just one item set at a higher price then original, might change peoples perspective on relying on one form of income. It is interesting.

Items in the shops are in the process of being tweeked. Not everything will change. A few nerfs and buffs to pricing is all. Maybe a few additions and/or removals. Once its complete, only then will I make a post explaining the changes. So please do not nag Me, Deekay, Tobie, or any staff about which items will be changing or why.

I am interested in more ideas, So if anyone has them, please list away.

Griffore

• Trusted
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #11 on: April 01, 2017, 01:34:57 pm »
Yeah I understand why you don't want shops as it also takes away from the 'vanilla experience' but I am looking forward to seeing the new shop prices in the future!  ;)
~Griffore
« Last Edit: April 01, 2017, 01:36:42 pm by Griffore »