DKCraft Minecraft Server > Suggestions

Shop Overhaul

(1/3) > >>

Echo_Matty:
I'm going to try keep this on topic and not have it a rant. These are just suggestions and my point of view.

I think having a functioning economy on the server expands what the players can do and gives them another objective to work towards.

The economy is currently fully controlled by Gold and Iron Ore. As it stands, A stack of Iron ore (which takes 20 minutes or less to obtain) Is worth $6400. The next best way of making some sort of an income or profit (if you don't have a guardian farm) is agriculture. More specifically Sugarcane. In optimal conditions it takes just over 18 minutes to fully grow. To get the same return as a stack of iron, You need to sell 34100 sugarcane or carrots,wheat etc. I would presume this shows the imbalance currently in the shops.

I have a few ideas on how to change this to expand on the economy and have more players interact with the shops and each other.

1. Editing the shop on intervals, anywhere from a month to 3 months (by season?).

Expanding on that. I think for example, next month Ores could get a Large nerf and something else could get a buff such as alchemy, rare fishing (salmon,puffers), Mob drops, different woods/stones, agriculture, flowers and so on. This way every so on a new set of items becomes more valuable to sell, this can encourage players to start farming such and such an item or adventure to get something or trade with others on the server promoting player interaction.

2. I can picture somebody saying "and who's going to edit it every month", that's too much work or something along the lines of that. Well I would happily do it, So there's that.

3. Smaller work could be worth more, base items like cobble wood etc. Bring back lumberjack.

I also think deleting the shops/economy would be a poor, But leaving it as is, isn't great either.

Always open to discuss and help,
Post your opinions below.
Matty

Wooper:
I agree with the three points Matty brought up, especially the price fluctuations he described. Shop "seasons" would differ up the meta of the economy and ultimately make the experience of getting money fresh and new. I believe Iron and Gold Ore should be nerfed as well, due to their massive advantage over other items in the shop, as Matty described. I believe having more ways to make a good amount of money relative to other people is better than having one way. I encourage you all to share your opinions below as well.

Lissy421:
Oh jesus not this again.

Tobieias:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
--- Quote from: Lissy421 on February 17, 2017, 09:59:42 am ---Oh jesus not this again.

--- End quote ---
I thought you would've said that lmao!

In all due respect though, the shop seasons and having someone handle the shops on a relatively active basis is a really good idea, and I also think it would work out really well, it's not such a big change to how things are done right now and it means the economy would have a new fresh style. I love the cycle idea of bringing some more obscure items for a higher sale margin. I'd enjoy this idea and so would many others if it were implemented into our economy structure. I would also be up for Handling the shop prices and items that would be slightly changed in price.

Thanks for the suggestion Matty   (:

Altus Clura:
I Like the idea, just a little observation i made pumkin sells for 40 a stack while most all other farmables go for 12, kinda unbalanced, maybe raise the others to pumkin or lower pumkin to them depending on how iron and gold are adjusted

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version