• Home
  • Search
    •  
  • Login
    • Username: Password:

Did you miss your activation email?
  • Hello Guest

Author Topic: 1.9 Update + PvP in The End  (Read 22825 times)

DeeKay

• Owner
  • Champion Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
1.9 Update + PvP in The End
« on: March 10, 2016, 04:21:43 pm »
Hey guys,

1.9 Update

First of all apologies for the delay in updating the server to 1.9. Fortunately Bukkit/Spigot was remarkably quick to update, but as always it was in the servers best interest to wait until the plugins we run were updated to stable builds due to the new features and API changes 1.9 introduced.
However I'm happy to announce the server is now updated to 1.9, so feel free to update your clients and connect if you haven't done so already!

The End Wipe + PvP

With 1.9 comes tons of new features, and one in particular I'd like to mention; The End. There has been a huge change to The End world such as new blocks, structures, terrain generation, mobs, just to name a few things. Due to these changes, Lissy and I have made the decision to wipe The End world and allow a brand new one to be generated and available for you all. We understand immediately wiping the would not be fair to those who have poured resources into it, which is why we're giving everyone 2 weeks to move whatever they cherish from The End world to the Overworld, so please take advantage of this time if this applies to you.
This is not all. Once The End world is wiped, we will be enabling PvP within the entire End world so you can settle your differences with someone or simply battle with friends. We feel this will be a fun and immersive way to introduce a form of PvP to the server, and can see some cool possibilities arise from it. So again, you have 2 weeks to prepare for this change!

On a smaller note, the Overworld's border has been extended 500 blocks in each direction, so feel free to adventure out and discover new areas!
On an even smaller note, mob disguises are currently disabled as the plugin is undergoing updates due to heavy API changes, sorry!

Enjoy the new update!

CollisionCourse

• Trusted
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: 1.9 Update + PvP in The End
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2016, 06:06:53 am »
The PvP addition to the end seems interesting, however I'm not exactly sure how I feel about it. I mean on one hand it would be interesting to settle disputes and play around with friends in the end; on the other it could stop people from going and exploring the end in the first place if the risk of being killed by someone and losing everything is there

DeeKay

• Owner
  • Champion Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2016, 06:51:29 am »
The End is very large and the chance of running into another player gets smaller the further you explore.

AnnaRooks

• :c
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: March 11, 2016, 09:14:15 pm »
The End is very large and the chance of running into another player gets smaller the further you explore.
so just get to the end when no ones there and run as far as you can? gotcha
also, protection stones work in the end, right?
I think it's broken.

Griffore

• Trusted
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: March 12, 2016, 02:34:32 am »
So the new chunks loaded  would be 1.9? Also has the dragon been killed yet?

Blood

• (:RaNdOmNeSs:)
  • Awards Donated $10 towards the server. Donated $5 towards the server.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: March 12, 2016, 02:50:17 am »
The PvP addition to the end seems interesting, however I'm not exactly sure how I feel about it. I mean on one hand it would be interesting to settle disputes and play around with friends in the end; on the other it could stop people from going and exploring the end in the first place if the risk of being killed by someone and losing everything is there
I feel the same way. If someone were to make another enderman farm, that wouldn't end well. I suggest making protection stones disable pvp maybe.

Lissy421

• https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Aql_fYL7Wwc
  • Awards Donated $5 towards the server.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: March 12, 2016, 06:21:30 am »
So the new chunks loaded  would be 1.9? Also has the dragon been killed yet?

1.9 has changed the way the ender dragon works, as it can now be respawned in vanilla minecraft. Yes the End would be new 1.9 chunks.

DeeKay

• Owner
  • Champion Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: March 12, 2016, 09:05:09 am »
so just get to the end when no ones there and run as far as you can? gotcha
Basically, yes. Check our max player count, you'll have plenty of chances of never running into anyone.

also, protection stones work in the end, right?
Undecided.

I feel the same way. If someone were to make another enderman farm, that wouldn't end well. I suggest making protection stones disable pvp maybe.
I'm sorry but I despise this argument. That's implying The End's purpose on the server is to having these types of farms in the first place, it's not.
Protection stones are undecided.

Tobieias

• Tobieias
  • Admin
  • Pretty sweet.
  • Awards Donated $150 towards the server. Donated $100 towards the server. Donated $50 towards the server. Donated $30 towards the server. Donated $20 towards the server. Donated $5 towards the server. Donated $10 towards the server.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: March 13, 2016, 01:18:52 am »
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Because of the high/vast spawn rates for enderman in the 1.9 end update due to all the new land generated, an enderman farm would be pretty pointless in my opinion.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
And as for the pvp protection stones, I think that there shouldn't be any. I mean, when you're in a fight you could just whack down a protection stone and the fight is nullified which could cause disputes, and someone can easily claim the area around fighting the dragon so no one can modify blocks/take the egg - (as I'm pretty certain the egg always lands at the portal now.)

I look forward to the PvP in the end. It'll be a great addition to the server, giving it a new and different edge to dkcraft gameplay (:
« Last Edit: March 13, 2016, 01:24:00 am by Tobieias »
Don't go hollow.

AnnaRooks

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: March 13, 2016, 07:03:10 am »
Protection stones are undecided.

with tobi's reasons, this totally makes sense, and whatever choice you make, im sure people will understand eventually.

also, not a suggestion, more of a half baked idea worded as a question, but is it possible to make rings of territory, where some plugins or pvp are enabled and some arent? because dragon battles might be harder with people killing other fighters for loot instead of the dragon, even if staff tries to stop it.

also, what about lwc, will that be disabled in the end too? because a place like the end is where id totally build a storage place
I think it's broken.

DeeKay

• Owner
  • Champion Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: March 13, 2016, 08:58:11 am »
And as for the pvp protection stones, I think that there shouldn't be any. I mean, when you're in a fight you could just whack down a protection stone and the fight is nullified which could cause disputes, and someone can easily claim the area around fighting the dragon so no one can modify blocks/take the egg - (as I'm pretty certain the egg always lands at the portal now.)
Good points and I'll take them all into consideration.

also, not a suggestion, more of a half baked idea worded as a question, but is it possible to make rings of territory, where some plugins or pvp are enabled and some arent? because dragon battles might be harder with people killing other fighters for loot instead of the dragon, even if staff tries to stop it.
These are the kinds of things we're still deciding on, and right now we have an idea in place that could help with this.
Basically The End spawn will have a radius of 3 different areas each getting further away:
1. The first area will have PvP and block damage disabled, this is the safe zone.
2. The second area will have PvP enabled and block damage disabled, this is the trap free PvP area.
3. The third and final area will be the rest of the world, anything goes, PvP block damage and all.

Depending on how large we make these areas, this will probably help for fighting the dragon.

also, what about lwc, will that be disabled in the end too? because a place like the end is where id totally build a storage place
Still kinda undecided, it depends how hardcore we want to make The End.

Blood

• (:RaNdOmNeSs:)
  • Awards Donated $10 towards the server. Donated $5 towards the server.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #11 on: March 13, 2016, 07:21:34 pm »
I think the 3 different areas is a good idea; though I stopped to think about griefing in the end. If people place too many death traps what will that do?

Lissy421

• https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Aql_fYL7Wwc
  • Awards Donated $5 towards the server.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #12 on: March 13, 2016, 08:00:03 pm »
Okay. Let me break it down a little bit. we are enabling PvP in the end. PvP stands for Player vs Player, meaning, traps and such would be allowed. We may need to add rules about traps directly outside of the spawn points if we must. We are removing the PVE aspect of the end. Im seeing a lot personal agenda like reasons about the end here.

CollisionCourse

• Trusted
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #13 on: March 13, 2016, 11:02:15 pm »
Okay. Let me break it down a little bit. we are enabling PvP in the end. PvP stands for Player vs Player, meaning, traps and such would be allowed. We may need to add rules about traps directly outside of the spawn points if we must. We are removing the PVE aspect of the end. Im seeing a lot personal agenda like reasons about the end here.
I think disabling pve in the end would be a bad idea, itd make it way to easy to take the end cities and ships

AnnaRooks

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #14 on: March 13, 2016, 11:05:23 pm »
We are removing the PVE aspect of the end.

how will that affect end cities and ships? if you cant get hurt by those mobs, i think it be too easy to take the loot inside. does this mean youll disable the end city generation in the end?
I think it's broken.