DKCraft Minecraft Server > Server News

1.9 Update + PvP in The End

(1/5) > >>

DeeKay:
Hey guys,

1.9 Update

First of all apologies for the delay in updating the server to 1.9. Fortunately Bukkit/Spigot was remarkably quick to update, but as always it was in the servers best interest to wait until the plugins we run were updated to stable builds due to the new features and API changes 1.9 introduced.
However I'm happy to announce the server is now updated to 1.9, so feel free to update your clients and connect if you haven't done so already!

The End Wipe + PvP

With 1.9 comes tons of new features, and one in particular I'd like to mention; The End. There has been a huge change to The End world such as new blocks, structures, terrain generation, mobs, just to name a few things. Due to these changes, Lissy and I have made the decision to wipe The End world and allow a brand new one to be generated and available for you all. We understand immediately wiping the would not be fair to those who have poured resources into it, which is why we're giving everyone 2 weeks to move whatever they cherish from The End world to the Overworld, so please take advantage of this time if this applies to you.
This is not all. Once The End world is wiped, we will be enabling PvP within the entire End world so you can settle your differences with someone or simply battle with friends. We feel this will be a fun and immersive way to introduce a form of PvP to the server, and can see some cool possibilities arise from it. So again, you have 2 weeks to prepare for this change!

On a smaller note, the Overworld's border has been extended 500 blocks in each direction, so feel free to adventure out and discover new areas!
On an even smaller note, mob disguises are currently disabled as the plugin is undergoing updates due to heavy API changes, sorry!

Enjoy the new update!

CollisionCourse:
The PvP addition to the end seems interesting, however I'm not exactly sure how I feel about it. I mean on one hand it would be interesting to settle disputes and play around with friends in the end; on the other it could stop people from going and exploring the end in the first place if the risk of being killed by someone and losing everything is there

DeeKay:
The End is very large and the chance of running into another player gets smaller the further you explore.

AnnaRooks:

--- Quote from: DeeKay on March 11, 2016, 06:51:29 am ---The End is very large and the chance of running into another player gets smaller the further you explore.

--- End quote ---
so just get to the end when no ones there and run as far as you can? gotcha
also, protection stones work in the end, right?

Griffore:
So the new chunks loaded  would be 1.9? Also has the dragon been killed yet?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version