DKCraft Minecraft Server > General Discussion

Random thoughts...

<< < (5/5)

AnnaRooks:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
--- Quote from: xDeeKay on September 25, 2015, 06:00:17 am ---
--- Quote from: S_HeffLey on September 25, 2015, 01:38:15 am ---
--- Quote from: xDeeKay on September 24, 2015, 05:40:21 am ---Spoiler (click to show/hide)
--- Quote from: Blood on September 24, 2015, 02:58:09 am ---
--- Quote from: xDeeKay on September 23, 2015, 02:05:08 am ---
--- Quote from: Blood on September 23, 2015, 01:43:50 am ---
--- Quote from: Lissy421 on September 22, 2015, 05:43:10 am ---Sadly, HoneyPot was removed due to it being heavily outdated

--- End quote ---
what do you mean heavily outdated? Did the plugin not work after 1.8 or did it become useless? I always enjoyed the times when honeypot announced that they caught someone and we all celebrated.

--- End quote ---
I wouldn't say heavily outdated and I wouldn't say it became useless, it was just not very ahead of its time. But don't worry, I'll be coding my own version very soon.

--- End quote ---
Sounds cool, an upgraded honeypot. Maybe you could add an unlocked chest with valuables inside which is actually a trapped chest or something because to be honest, little houses with random rare blocks sounded a bit too good to be true.

--- End quote ---

That wouldn't make sense as people are allowed to take things from unlocked chests ;)

--- End quote ---

Sorry for coming out of the blue here, but are they allowed to take without punishment if you have signs around saying they can't? Back when I was a mod I banned a person for taking from a chest that I said you could not take from. Was this unfair? I doesn't really matter now, since he is unbanned, but I'm just wondering.

--- End quote ---

It wasn't really enforced back in the day, and I think I only added it to the staff guidelines later on. I wouldn't say it was unfair then. But yes, if a chest is unlocked, the stuff is free for the taking regardless of signs. LWC locks any container block automatically, and there's numerous amounts of different tools, ie donation chests which only let players put items in and not take them out, there's whitelisting certain groups to access the chests, and of course a player whitelist to allow your friends to access the chests. So yeah there's really no need to ever have a chest unlocked.

--- End quote ---

i think people left chests unlocked all the time bc they only know that it locks when you place it, no one really tells new people how lwc worked. they just think its either just you, or everyone can access it

Blood:

--- Quote from: swimmergirl1227! on September 24, 2015, 08:39:54 pm ---sorry a noob question... what is honeypot?

--- End quote ---
Oh, swimmer, you were never an old world dkcraftian lol. Honeypot were little houses that were filled with valuable blocks and such and if you break a block you automatically get banned for a week if I remember correctly. (I haven't been banned for it so I wouldn't know)  ;).

swimmergirll:

--- Quote from: Blood on September 28, 2015, 08:39:15 pm ---
--- Quote from: swimmergirl1227! on September 24, 2015, 08:39:54 pm ---sorry a noob question... what is honeypot?

--- End quote ---
Oh, swimmer, you were never an old world dkcraftian lol. Honeypot were little houses that were filled with valuable blocks and such and if you break a block you automatically get banned for a week if I remember correctly. (I haven't been banned for it so I wouldn't know)  ;).

--- End quote ---
no, sadly i wasnt ;-;

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version