• Home
  • Search
    •  
  • Login
    • Username: Password:

Did you miss your activation email?
  • Hello Guest

Author Topic: Shops Discussion  (Read 22492 times)

Altus Clura

• Operator
  • (((d[-_-]b)))
  • Awards Donated $10 towards the server. Donated $50 towards the server. Donated $30 towards the server. Donated $20 towards the server. Donated $5 towards the server.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Shops Discussion
« Reply #15 on: July 03, 2015, 03:59:23 pm »
If your goal was to make bartering and trading more prominent wouldnt it make sense to add a plugin, like chest shop, to make it easier more profitable, and fully automatic player shops

Noisy Boy

• A drag.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #16 on: July 03, 2015, 07:15:55 pm »
Having chest shops could definately solve the issue with the prices and it can also give players the freedom to have their shops and name their own prices. Doom's idea is great and I would be up for it but adding that plugin would drift the server from being survival to more ecomic which isn't what makes DKCraft.

Honestly the current prices at the shop are more than good enough.
« Last Edit: July 03, 2015, 07:20:52 pm by Noisy_Boy »
i=√-1

Echo_Matty

• Trusted
  • Could be Batman
  • Awards Donated $100 towards the server. Donated $50 towards the server. Donated $30 towards the server. Donated $20 towards the server. Donated $10 towards the server. Donated $5 towards the server.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #17 on: July 03, 2015, 07:29:24 pm »
It has been a few days now since the shop values discussion and what was done to help it. These are my opinions after asking other players opinions.

1) The crops were Buffed to hopefully add another way of people making a reasonable bit of money without the server turning into a farming server.
I think this was accomplished, People have started selling their crops without making super mega lag farms.

2) Fishing was added to the shops, It was great to see more things added. I do however feel it is valued extremely Low. 10$ for 64 fish is a bit low. it takes a long time to get fish, the fish that are harder to come by(clown fish and salmon) are also marked very low. Getting these prices bumped up a little might encourage people to try fishing. At the moment nobody is going near it.

3) The value for buying quarts was lowered and the sell price is higher. Overall I think this was great I've seen people in the nether collecting it trading it and selling it. Mission accomplished Here.

4) Woodcutting is still Low 1$ a Log Isn't enough to get people to try it as a way of making a little cash. You need to cut down 3 stacks of logs for the same value as one gold ore. It just isn't close to time efficient. Iron and Gold still dominates This.

5) I think Dooms idea is genius.(chest shops).

All of My opinions were made after talking to numerous Trusted players. I also think it's good to keep this discussion going on as it can only help to get everybody's opinions and concerns. I also found a way to directly make money from the shop.(this was before we started talking about changing the shops).
« Last Edit: July 03, 2015, 10:52:42 pm by Echo_Matty »

Lissy421

• https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Aql_fYL7Wwc
  • Awards Donated $5 towards the server.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #18 on: July 04, 2015, 02:35:00 am »
I also found a way to directly make money from the shop.(this was before we started talking about changing the shops).

What do you mean by this?

Yeah I dont fish much, didnt think it was too hard to get a stack so its now:
Fish- 120 per stack
Salmon- 150 per stack
ClownFish- 250 per 16
PufferFish- 200 per 16

As for wood. I still feel the same about it since my previous post. That will stay.

DeeKay

• Owner
  • Champion Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #19 on: July 04, 2015, 05:21:20 am »
If your goal was to make bartering and trading more prominent wouldnt it make sense to add a plugin, like chest shop, to make it easier more profitable, and fully automatic player shops
Not sure how chest shops would cater to trading and player interaction when the plugin does the opposite. Besides generally not liking the plugin, I think having a main shop is good enough (or bad enough?), and I could see things becoming messy very quickly if we gave people that kind of option.

The player interaction I'm speaking of is actually talking to a player, providing the goods you have, discussing prices, and trading things in that sense. Chest shops would only take away from that even more.

Blood

• (:RaNdOmNeSs:)
  • Awards Donated $10 towards the server. Donated $5 towards the server.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #20 on: July 04, 2015, 06:13:02 am »
Not sure how chest shops would cater to trading and player interaction when the plugin does the opposite. Besides generally not liking the plugin, I think having a main shop is good enough (or bad enough?), and I could see things becoming messy very quickly if we gave people that kind of option.

The player interaction I'm speaking of is actually talking to a player, providing the goods you have, discussing prices, and trading things in that sense. Chest shops would only take away from that even more.
Yes that's exactly why I dislike the chest shops idea. You kids out there could learn a thing or two by experiencing a real trade interaction with some of your fellow players ;)

Altus Clura

• Operator
  • (((d[-_-]b)))
  • Awards Donated $10 towards the server. Donated $50 towards the server. Donated $30 towards the server. Donated $20 towards the server. Donated $5 towards the server.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #21 on: July 04, 2015, 07:17:39 pm »
I see your point, chest shops may discourage direct interaction and trading, but encourage player trading in general, if youre worried about a big mess, make it for trusteds only

Echo_Matty

• Trusted
  • Could be Batman
  • Awards Donated $100 towards the server. Donated $50 towards the server. Donated $30 towards the server. Donated $20 towards the server. Donated $10 towards the server. Donated $5 towards the server.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #22 on: July 04, 2015, 08:25:21 pm »
I Like Dooms Idea still even if it was just for Trusted.

DeeKay

• Owner
  • Champion Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #23 on: July 05, 2015, 12:34:28 am »
if youre worried about a big mess, make it for trusteds only
I don't personally think that should always be the answer to everything, after all the server consists of mainly non trusted players, so I don't see that as being a fair alternative. I stand by my opinions on chest shops.

Noisy Boy

• A drag.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #24 on: July 05, 2015, 12:56:09 am »
Bravo. ^
i=√-1

Echo_Matty

• Trusted
  • Could be Batman
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #25 on: July 05, 2015, 01:18:22 am »
The shop changes are great I've Noticed people going to the ender xp farm just to enchant fishing rods. People are also selling leftover crops. Nothing overpowered yet.

Adstrum_

• Trusted
  • It's not personal text if you read it ;)
  • Awards Donated $100 towards the server.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #26 on: July 06, 2015, 07:44:47 am »
Small complaint about the Pistons and sticky pistons...

From what I understand, the pistons being $300 and the Sticky pistons being $600, the pistons are seemingly cheaper to buy in bulk with a slime block, $100.
So taking this into account, if I brought 18 sticky pistons, it would cost $10800.
However, if I brought 18 regular pistons ($5400) and brought two slime blocks ($200), I could make 18 sticky pistons for -$5000 the cost...

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

DeeKay

• Owner
  • Champion Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #27 on: July 06, 2015, 07:57:50 am »
That's not broken, as again it comes back to the point Lissy made. If you're willing to take the extra steps towards something (in this case obtaining slime balls from another source and crafting sticky pistons yourself), then you're going to find it much cheaper to do so.

Adstrum_

• Trusted
  • It's not personal text if you read it ;)
  • Awards Donated $100 towards the server.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #28 on: July 06, 2015, 09:03:25 am »

DeeKay

• Owner
  • Champion Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #29 on: July 06, 2015, 09:46:46 am »
Is it that hard of a concept to understand that you need a picture of Obama?