• Home
  • Search
    •  
  • Login
    • Username: Password:

Did you miss your activation email?
  • Hello Guest

Author Topic: DKCraft's 1.8 Survival Server  (Read 7556 times)

DeeKay

• Owner
  • Champion Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
DKCraft's 1.8 Survival Server
« on: September 21, 2014, 07:27:47 am »
IP: beta.dkcraft.net

Hey guys,

I would like to announce that we are now running an experimental 1.8 server! This is a separate server from our main one, and it's running all the 1.8 features. (If you wish to continue playing a stable and well protected version, you can still access the 1.7 server.)
I highly suggest you read the below information before hopping on, as it contains important things you'll need to know.

Firstly, I can't stress enough that this is only experimental, and the server is unstable and prone to bugs. It will be undergoing many rapid changes, some good changes and some bad, but I assure you these changes will all be made to give you guys the best possible 1.8 experience, within the limits of what I'm working with.

The server is not running Bukkit, Spigot, or any other well known server software. Instead it's running a newly created software called Rainbow. Due to the change in software, Bukkit plugins simply don't function on it, which requires brand new plugins to be created with the Rainbow API. This means our tools such as block logging/rolling back, chest locking, protection stones, and tons of other features do not exist on this server. However the server is running some basic plugins which gives you a few commands to use (they are listed below), as well as basic admin tools such as banning, kicking, teleporting, a form of grief check, and a few other things.
You could look at this 1.8 server as a Vanilla server with some basic plugin features, because it's much closer to Vanilla than a Bukkit server due to lack of features and tools.

Command list:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

You may be wondering how this server ties in with the full server wipe. Although this server is running a new map and new software, this does not count as the full server wipe you all voted on. I simply can't guarantee that the map or anything else won't have problems in the future, so I would much rather wait for a proper software such as Bukkit or Spigot to update before any official full server wipe is made. Not only that, but since I can't provide proper land/block protection, there's a high chance a lot of things will be heavily griefed, and I'm sure no one wants to have a bad fresh start like that.

Since we are now running 2 servers side-by-side, the total cost each month has now increased. We have had a major decrease in donations lately, mostly due to lack of updates to the server and also due to the purge of a lot of donation rewards.
At this time, donations will be extremely appreciated, as I want to be able to keep both servers running for those who choose to play on either one.

If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to ask them below. Enjoy the 1.8 server!
« Last Edit: September 21, 2014, 07:43:06 am by xDeeKay »

CollisionCourse

• Trusted
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: DKCraft's 1.8 Survival Server
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2014, 02:27:41 pm »
I really hope Microsoft revokes some of the EULA changes...

L3g1t_Bacon

• Trusted
  • Can't even guap right now.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: September 21, 2014, 03:46:43 pm »

Not gonna happen, microsoft is a bunch of money grabbing snakes. I would expect updates to come more often for the xbox version if minecraft. Not saying they will stop caring about the CPU version but i would epect to see a lot less devolper support. I can't remember what the difference between 1.7 and 1.8 but I personally wouldn't mind just wiping the 1.7 server. Would save a bunch of waiting for the plug in updates. Once all the plugins we need for basic operation are updated for 1.8, switch to the next version. I could be spewing this out my butthole but this is purely my opinion.
Too L3g1t to quit!

DeeKay

• Owner
  • Champion Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: September 21, 2014, 04:20:20 pm »

I personally wouldn't mind just wiping the 1.7 server. Would save a bunch of waiting for the plug in updates. Once all the plugins we need for basic operation are updated for 1.8, switch to the next version. I could be spewing this out my butthole but this is purely my opinion.

My intention isn't for this new server software to take over Bukkit and to be used forever, I simply want to give everyone a quick alternative and somewhere to play 1.8, because I for one am sick of waiting on Bukkit.

CollisionCourse

• Trusted
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: September 21, 2014, 04:27:51 pm »

Not gonna happen, microsoft is a bunch of money grabbing snakes. I would expect updates to come more often for the xbox version if minecraft. Not saying they will stop caring about the CPU version but i would epect to see a lot less devolper support.
Personally I think Microsoft won't pull an EA *cough* sim city *cough* they already stated no intention to change support for all platforms, its just not good at a business standpoint. But every one has their opinion.

DeeKay

• Owner
  • Champion Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: September 24, 2014, 01:24:57 pm »
Our 1.8 server now has a basic chest locking feature, similar to Lockette. You can place a sign on a chest with the following lines to lock it:

Line 1: [Private]
Line 2: YourName
Line3: Friend1 (optional)
Line4: Friend2 (optional)

Ian2713

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: September 25, 2014, 12:23:54 pm »
So will the 1.7 server update to 1.8 and wipe? Or will it be a separate server?
You have a sad life if you don't play DK

DeeKay

• Owner
  • Champion Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: September 25, 2014, 01:47:12 pm »
So will the 1.7 server update to 1.8 and wipe? Or will it be a separate server?
Our main server (currently version 1.7.9) will update once Bukkit or some other stable software is updated for 1.8. Once that happens, the main server will then have the full server wipe, and this new 1.8 server will be deleted. Although that's implying Bukkit or another software will update to 1.8, so we'll have to see.

Blood

• (:RaNdOmNeSs:)
  • Awards Donated $5 towards the server. Donated $10 towards the server.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: September 25, 2014, 08:37:49 pm »
For the chest locking feature, when you want to add a friend do you need to put 1 and 2 after their names? I tried doing it without and it was still locked for them.

DeeKay

• Owner
  • Champion Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: September 26, 2014, 03:34:43 am »
For the chest locking feature, when you want to add a friend do you need to put 1 and 2 after their names? I tried doing it without and it was still locked for them.
No, it should just be their regular names on the 3rd and 4th lines. I'll take a look at it today, I think there's been a few updates for it which may have fixed it.

Lissy421

• https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Aql_fYL7Wwc
  • Awards Donated $5 towards the server.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: September 26, 2014, 05:01:11 am »
Check out spawn to see.

Below is an example of how it should be on the sign. If you were adding me and deekay :P
Also make sure you spell the names EXACT im not sure if its case sensitive but better safe then sorry right?

[Private]
Bloodbath229
Lissy421
xDeekay
« Last Edit: September 26, 2014, 05:04:14 am by Lissy421 »