• Home
  • Search
    •  
  • Login
    • Username: Password:

Did you miss your activation email?
  • Hello Guest

Author Topic: Auto-Farming  (Read 4506 times)

CollisionCourse

• Trusted
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Auto-Farming
« on: February 01, 2014, 05:21:38 pm »
Recently (yesterday) i had an argument with Lissy on whether or not Automatic farms are legit i just want to know everyone's opinion on these type of farms, personally i believe they are legit because collecting the resources especially the gold farms takes a lot of time and effort to do.

Kt5turtle

• Trusted
    • View Profile
    • Planet Minecraft Page
    • Awards
Re: Auto-Farming
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2014, 08:02:07 pm »
Auto farms will never leave minecraft. They are cemented into minecraft, not allowing it is like barricading one's play style.
In technical terms it is legit whether or not people say so.
So i'd be with you on this topic.

Lissy421

• https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Aql_fYL7Wwc
  • Awards Donated $5 towards the server.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2014, 10:49:56 pm »
I said they were for Lazy kids who sit afk to get stuff. It is a lazy method for lazy people. One of the main purposes of MINEcraft is to mine. To get things on your  own. Making a farm to sit there doing nothing is lazy. I honestly wouldn't mind if they decided to remove farms such as these. Same applies for spawners which i have many on this server. It is a lazy method of getting things. And if every topic/argument in game is going to turn into a post on the forums, then I just wont bother to have these discussions with you. Sorry i gave you my opinion.

Mahoose

« Reply #3 on: February 02, 2014, 04:41:21 am »
On behalf of your rationale, one could argue that Minecraft can be meant for mining resources in order to craft automated farms to make for an efficient play style. It's not lazy, it's smart. The beauty of Minecraft being an open sandbox game is its ability to customize completely in order to cater to individual specific interests. There's no right or wrong way to play Minecraft. It just so happens that playing efficiently is a common and logical way to play the game. Sure it strips away from the vanilla experience, but you can't just bash on someone's preference of gaming; especially on an open ended platform. Incoherently, you could limit how people go about their business. Or leave the game the way it was made to be. Anywho, I'm sure we can trust [Trusted]pujols_12 to make the right choice of continuing his projects in whatever way he deems is appropriately.

Lissy421

• https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Aql_fYL7Wwc
  • Awards Donated $5 towards the server.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: February 02, 2014, 08:23:07 am »
Listen Im not saying he cannot do it. But in my opinion i think it is lazy. Nothing anyone says can change that.

DeeKay

• Owner
  • Champion Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: February 02, 2014, 08:34:25 am »
There's nothing wrong with working to collect materials and then building the device, it's the standing around and doing nothing for long periods of time which is the problem.
Like I said, if you have the time and resources to do it, go for it. But don't be a loot goblin and AFK at it while you go to school.

Jao

• Hello :)
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: February 02, 2014, 11:06:11 am »
I agree with xDeeKay and think that they are good but sitting AFK to get thin si cheating a bit
especially if it is while you go to work/school
Hi I Am CrazyJao WOOHOO!! :)