• Home
  • Search
    •  
  • Login
    • Username: Password:

Did you miss your activation email?
  • Hello Guest

Author Topic: Item Frames Bug.  (Read 6149 times)

Altus Clura

• Operator
  • (((d[-_-]b)))
  • Awards Donated $10 towards the server. Donated $5 towards the server. Donated $20 towards the server. Donated $30 towards the server. Donated $50 towards the server.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Item Frames Bug.
« on: January 06, 2014, 12:34:26 am »
With the awesome new 1.7 feature where you can take things out of item frames without actually breaking them come a problem.
The items can be taken out of any item frame anywhere, I understand that this is a problem that might not be fixable...
but, i would like to forewarn everyone anyways.
Do Not Put Your Valuables In Item-Frames!

DeeKay

• Owner
  • Champion Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Item Frames Bug.
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2014, 06:05:55 am »
As opposed to the old updates where hitting an item frame would give you the item and and frame?
I don't see what the problem is.

Blood

• (:RaNdOmNeSs:)
  • Awards Donated $5 towards the server. Donated $10 towards the server.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2014, 07:01:19 pm »
He means since only the item comes out and not the frame, you can't rollback the items.

Lissy421

• https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Aql_fYL7Wwc
  • Awards Donated $5 towards the server.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2014, 07:13:30 pm »
You never could rollback item frames to begin with. They are considered entities like the paintings.

Altus Clura

• Operator
  • (((d[-_-]b)))
  • Awards Donated $10 towards the server. Donated $5 towards the server. Donated $20 towards the server. Donated $30 towards the server. Donated $50 towards the server.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: January 07, 2014, 01:49:03 am »
For some reason, before the update, sponges protected item frames, now they do not.

AnonymousAfro

• CANADA
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: January 07, 2014, 05:42:42 pm »
I've been on other servers, their protections didn't work with item frames either... I don't know, I  was only here for a short time before the 1.7  update came.

Do Not Put Your Valuables In Item-Frames!
yep.
"An arrow can only be shot by pulling it backward. When life is dragging you back with difficulties it means it's going to launch you into something great. So just focus and keep aiming"
Spoiler (Click to show/hide

mentallizard

• Trusted
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: January 09, 2014, 01:59:18 am »
item frames have never been protected because they are not blocks they are entities. you were able to break them before 1.7 and take the item and we couldn't log it and that still hasn't changed with this update other than the fact that now you might get lucky and they will leave the item frame behind.

Lissy421

• https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Aql_fYL7Wwc
  • Awards Donated $5 towards the server.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: January 09, 2014, 02:02:16 am »
Why is this still an active topic? Item frames have never been protected. By anything except world guard which doesn't work anymore either. so now NOTHING protects item frames. Just going to Lock this because its pretty pointless.

DeeKay

• Owner
  • Champion Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: January 09, 2014, 09:39:52 am »
Because of the item frame events being updated in 1.7, many plugins which utilized that code became outdated, therefor plugins like WorldGuard and PreciousStones stopped protecting item frames.
Item frame protection via WorldGuard has been fixed since the release of our Member world, and item frame protection via the protection sponges will be fixed on the next server restart, as it required updating the plugin.