• Home
  • Search
    •  
  • Login
    • Username: Password:

Did you miss your activation email?
  • Hello Guest

Author Topic: Many Suggestions  (Read 4842 times)

supergabe27

• View Profile
    • Awards
Many Suggestions
« on: December 15, 2013, 07:33:22 am »
Hi im supergabe27 and i have a couple of suggestions. Im gonna start off by saying with all due respect that DKcraft isnt what it used to be. When i joined dkcraft over a year ago lissy was a moderator :D. I remember back last april 2012 there were 30+ players 90% of the time and on weekends we reached up to 50. Back then the map was pretty beaten up. I know deekay said he will make another world but why cant we just reset the map. It hasn't been reset since the server opened. It is havick for new players to do anything with a map with holes and grief everywhere. So imagine this you join deekay craft an anti-grief server and there is grief everywhere outside spawn. It turns the users away a lot! I know you want to preserve everything. But a fresh start will do wonders for the server.

Also i know there is a lot of PvP talk. I was fortunately around when the dkcraft pvp server was out. The one problem was it was just a battlearena server. No actual raid etc. In todays minecraft community raid/pvp are very popular. So maybe a factions world. Connected with multiverse portals would increase the player count greatly. Ive spoken with deekay in the past about this but i was told "I dont want to draw any attention away from survival" which i completely respect but taking this risk could end up getting dkcraft very popular as it once was.

Thanks
-supergabe27

DeeKay

• Owner
  • Champion Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Many Suggestions
« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2013, 09:20:05 am »
That's for speaking up and saying what you feel. I understand as a player you can pick up on some things better than me, since I don't actually play on my server, I take players suggestions and concerns pretty seriously.

As someone who visits multiple servers daily, I can tell you that our drop in players is not strictly happening on DKCraft, rather all servers.
There's not a lot we can do about the player count when it comes to people having school and what not, that's just a waiting game.

We decided not to reset the world because based off peoples reactions, we figured more people would be happy keeping the world than having it reset. It was one or the other, and we had to choose our decision based on majority.
To help new players find places to build, it's encouraged to build near the warp towns, as they're less congested than spawn.

The problem we hit before having our PvP server was that it would be problematic to bombard our 1 server with all these plugins and features, and only have a few players either playing PvP, or on a survival world. That's why we ended up going with the idea of having a separate server for PvP. Like you said, I want to keep this server as survival, so any plans for factions are highly low.

Altus Clura

• Operator
  • (((d[-_-]b)))
  • Awards Donated $10 towards the server. Donated $5 towards the server. Donated $20 towards the server. Donated $30 towards the server. Donated $50 towards the server.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: December 15, 2013, 02:40:25 pm »
To be quite hounest, I think when you have a big server, you lose quality within the community. I understand it is better for the server, donation wise,but, personaly, its not what I want... quality > quantity in my mind...

AnonymousAfro

• CANADA
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: December 15, 2013, 03:30:24 pm »
To "earn" players to play on our server, voting must take action. The most people I've seen in the server is about 20, whereas on some other SMP servers, where more people vote, they have like 50+ people. Voting helps!

And I didn't even join yet when the PvP was out D:
"An arrow can only be shot by pulling it backward. When life is dragging you back with difficulties it means it's going to launch you into something great. So just focus and keep aiming"
Spoiler (Click to show/hide

LordVakar

• Trusted
  • Lord of REDDSTONNINGZ!
    • View Profile
    • Minecraft Fourms Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: December 15, 2013, 06:24:35 pm »
To "earn" players to play on our server, voting must take action. The most people I've seen in the server is about 20, whereas on some other SMP servers, where more people vote, they have like 50+ people. Voting helps!

PVP was out like a year ago. o_o
So you wouldn't of been there.
Hello....
I'ma Vakar.
Master at mapmaking and redstone.

Lissy421

• https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Aql_fYL7Wwc
  • Awards Donated $5 towards the server.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: December 15, 2013, 06:37:42 pm »
Giving everyone a new world plus keeping the old world is something that would help please most of our community. We cannot make everyone happy. But we try our best.

And Voting does indeed help the server. When we get very little votes, we get very little new players. We need the communities help if you want the server to grow. Many people enjoy the server for the sole reason that we have a no griefing/pvp policy. They want to enjoy the game without getting murdered or raided.

Like I said. Its hard to please every individual on the server, but we try as best as we can.

AnonymousAfro

• CANADA
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: December 15, 2013, 09:47:56 pm »

PVP was out like a year ago. o_o
So you wouldn't of been there.
That's what I said...

And also guys, hitting the "vote" button then closing the page right away that just opened isn't real voting. FYI.
« Last Edit: December 20, 2013, 04:26:29 pm by Afro_ »
"An arrow can only be shot by pulling it backward. When life is dragging you back with difficulties it means it's going to launch you into something great. So just focus and keep aiming"
Spoiler (Click to show/hide