DKCraft Minecraft Server > Server News

1.9 Update + PvP in The End

<< < (2/5) > >>

Blood:

--- Quote from: pujols12/CollisionCourse on March 11, 2016, 06:06:53 am ---The PvP addition to the end seems interesting, however I'm not exactly sure how I feel about it. I mean on one hand it would be interesting to settle disputes and play around with friends in the end; on the other it could stop people from going and exploring the end in the first place if the risk of being killed by someone and losing everything is there

--- End quote ---
I feel the same way. If someone were to make another enderman farm, that wouldn't end well. I suggest making protection stones disable pvp maybe.

Lissy421:

--- Quote from: Diamond on March 12, 2016, 02:34:32 am ---So the new chunks loaded  would be 1.9? Also has the dragon been killed yet?

--- End quote ---

1.9 has changed the way the ender dragon works, as it can now be respawned in vanilla minecraft. Yes the End would be new 1.9 chunks.

DeeKay:

--- Quote from: AnnaRooks on March 11, 2016, 09:14:15 pm ---so just get to the end when no ones there and run as far as you can? gotcha

--- End quote ---
Basically, yes. Check our max player count, you'll have plenty of chances of never running into anyone.

--- Quote from: AnnaRooks on March 11, 2016, 09:14:15 pm ---also, protection stones work in the end, right?

--- End quote ---
Undecided.

--- Quote from: Blood on March 12, 2016, 02:50:17 am ---I feel the same way. If someone were to make another enderman farm, that wouldn't end well. I suggest making protection stones disable pvp maybe.

--- End quote ---
I'm sorry but I despise this argument. That's implying The End's purpose on the server is to having these types of farms in the first place, it's not.
Protection stones are undecided.

Tobieias:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
--- Quote from: Blood on March 12, 2016, 02:50:17 am --- I feel the same way. If someone were to make another enderman farm, that wouldn't end well. I suggest making protection stones disable pvp maybe.

--- End quote ---

Because of the high/vast spawn rates for enderman in the 1.9 end update due to all the new land generated, an enderman farm would be pretty pointless in my opinion. Spoiler (click to show/hide)(You need a vast empty space with no blocks in a large radius for a useful enderman farm). And as for the pvp protection stones, I think that there shouldn't be any. I mean, when you're in a fight you could just whack down a protection stone and the fight is nullified which could cause disputes, and someone can easily claim the area around fighting the dragon so no one can modify blocks/take the egg - (as I'm pretty certain the egg always lands at the portal now.)

I look forward to the PvP in the end. It'll be a great addition to the server, giving it a new and different edge to dkcraft gameplay (:

AnnaRooks:

--- Quote from: DeeKay on March 12, 2016, 09:05:09 am ---Protection stones are undecided.

--- End quote ---

with tobi's reasons, this totally makes sense, and whatever choice you make, im sure people will understand eventually.

also, not a suggestion, more of a half baked idea worded as a question, but is it possible to make rings of territory, where some plugins or pvp are enabled and some arent? because dragon battles might be harder with people killing other fighters for loot instead of the dragon, even if staff tries to stop it.

also, what about lwc, will that be disabled in the end too? because a place like the end is where id totally build a storage place

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version